VFR 6th gen rear brake line Help!!!

VFRUNNER

Hello, folks 

Im pretty new to this site and im guessing this is where i would post for help,  Im working on a complete tail swap on my 6th gen it all started when i removed the dual exhaust under the seat. after that there was a ugly empty looking under tail , witch had to go asap.  I was doing some research to find what would be the best bike to do a tail swap would be . Ended up going with a 2014 honda cbr1000rr .  Long story short so far its going really well , just about finish with all the hard stuff.     There is  a brake like that is in the way of the tails lower arm its the ridged metal line that i need to relocate no big deal , but my question is why  is the rubber brake line from the rear master cylinder going to a metal block and from there it turns in to a metal brake like .  Can i not just run a straight line from the master cylinder to where the end of the metal line attaches .   Or is here a reason why that block is there with the metal line?     i have included a picture of the brake line i am talking about . also a sneak peak of whats to come with the tail swap 

oh yeah , i am also working on relocating my brake line from the rear caliper through the swing arm witch im just finishing up .      My bike has abs FYI

20180130_164654.jpg

20180130_163651.jpg

No reason other than Honda engineers designed it that way for manufacturing cost reasons.  Replace it (& all other hydraulic lines) with steel braided line and be done with it. 

Thanks for your reply ,  Making the brake lines is the easy part, i was not sure why they used that metal block to connect both the lines together.  But glad to hear its not there for any given reason .   so on with my project,  

Archived