Dubious Chinese Levers??

KanadianKen

Looking for a set of clutch and brake levers for my sons cbr300 - I see there are at least 21,000 manufacturers to choose from on eBay.......

If you've bought a set of dubious chinese levers recently - please share your seller/manufacturer of choice if your experience was good. 

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

I bought these about 3 years ago and I think they’re great. 

No issues at all and you certainly can’t complain about the price. 

https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/For-Honda-VFR800-F-VTEC-13-14-Long-Titanium-CNC-Brake-Clutch-Levers-Set/172953069977?hash=item2844ce6999

• Member Contributer

It would deffinetly be a bargain if they were titanium. 

That listing is for the 6G, I bought the 5G version. 

I used the first set for 3 years, and bought a second set when I delinked my brakes and needed the CBR600 brake lever. 

All from the same seller, no complains with quality.

I originally bought the short version, but didn't like them. 

I use just 2 fingers for my brake, but use 4 for my clutch, tried to readjust my clutch hold but couldn't do it. 

You just can't teach an old dog new tricks I guess. 

• Member Contributer

One heck of a bargain for sure. I bought the shorty's for both clutch and brake. Took a little getting used to but now a long lever feels strange.

I picked up a set for the cb500 from Motor-Pro on Ebay. They have adjustment for length which I liked better than the shorty.  So far they are great.

I've been buying a lot more stuff from Amazon lately because the prices are at least as good and the shipping has been shorter.  I ordered several dubious Chinese parts for the 500 around Christmas and had to wait six weeks or more. I ended up canceling one that never showed up. The levers took about two weeks longer than they advertised on Ebay but they did communicate with me during the wait.

Archived