VFR1200 Engine Cuts Out

RedVFR1200

I've had several events where medium to heavy acceleration events when engine just coming into torque range will cut out.

Its dropped out completely once where I pulled over and had to cycle the ignition and the first time it cut out but before I came to a stop it refired and I kept riding. 

Has anybody heard of this problem??

The bike is only at 8500klm on the odo. I bought it at 1500klm when it was 3 years old and have had a great time cruising.

This problem is only new and recent in the last 1000klm.

The short story is the bike is in at the dealer now and they have trouble shooted to find the throttle body fly by wire motor is intermittently failing and throwing a code to the diagnostics logger when the problem occurs but the code goes of when the problem stops. I am surprised the PCM doesn't keep a code like this in memory but then who really knows..........

Is there any other stories of throttle body failures. The dealer quote for a new part is just staggering and between the dealer service and myself we are not fully convinced the throttle is the issue. Its still in investigation but I thought lets throw it out there. This is not Honda DNA to have major cost fails like this, particularly at such low life on an industry standard hardware item even though it may be fairly new tech on a bike.

My catch cry is this bike is lovely to ride.. the only problem is the seat is a bit slippery :)

A very different animal to my VFR800.

Archived