MaxSwell

I could not ride today because ...

I could not ride today because it was so cold

that when I went to the mailbox to post a letter and then, realizing I had not sealed the envelope, when I licked the flap it was welded to my tongue. I had to wait outside for the carrier to rip the envelope from my face.

Yup.  I actually had to warm up the stupid snow blower to get it to start so I could clean up after Sunday's storm.

• Like 1

My bikes in sunny Cali and I’m in CO
Goin through withdrawals bad
7 weeks now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

MaxSwell, I know you saw this coming when you posted the topic. Took this photo yesterday, Big Sur.

IMG_3680.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was so cold I had to shut the window on my home office by 4 PM today. :goofy:

You Minnesota guys knew what effing cold you were getting into when you signed up.

Oh sure, play the I was born here card. Why have you not moved away from winter? I did. :beer:

• Like 1

Enjoy it while you can Lee barely reach 60f this weekend may have to stay home and have hot chocolate and bundle up. :)

• Like 1

Here in Oz I have the opposite problem 36 deg cel and high nineties humidity, makes wearing protective gear like having a sauna? Give me the cold anyday as long as it’s not icey on the roads.

2CBA9743-987B-42EC-AE52-2915B9DBDC5F.jpeg

• Like 1

I went to jump on the tigress to commute home last night and noticed all the salt on the pavement. I had noticed it was nippy (do they say nippy because your nipples harden?).

I thought damn it's going to snow again?

Got home, locked bike right below my flat window as always and then notice the flurries in the lamplights. No, not the MacDonald kind.

White mantle this AM which hopefully won't stick. Appears to be melting as I write. 0964fb533215f368a66003d15a0bc6c7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Still haven't found decent snow tires for the VFR. :)

8 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

I went to jump on the tigress to commute home last night and noticed all the salt on the pavement. I had noticed it was nippy (do they say nippy because your nipples harden?).

I think I can explain...Nippy is when it is so cold you want to take a nip from the flask to help warm up.  Nipply is when it is so cold that the nipples harden (see picture in quoted post for example).

17 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

MaxSwell, I know you saw this coming when you posted the topic. Took this photo yesterday, Big Sur.

IMG_3680.JPG

Wish I was there in the biggest way. Thanks a lot. :excl:

Phew. Thought that it was going to be another "I went deer hunting" thread.

Do/did we not have a member from Siberia, Russia who would apply a propage torch to the oil sump before starting his VFR????

On 1/18/2018 at 6:52 AM, YoshiHNS said:

Phew. Thought that it was going to be another "I went deer hunting" thread.

I don't blame you on that one. But I've given up deer hunting. I'm glad your thought was wrong.

BTW: That's a Most Impressive quiver of machines you have there. Must be hard to constantly chose which to ride. Eeeny Meeny Miiney Mo?

7 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

BTW: That's a Most Impressive quiver of machines you have there. Must be hard to constantly chose which to ride. Eeeny Meeny Miiney Mo?

Most of them are rotting away, awaiting the decade when I'll get to work on and enjoy them

On 2/10/2018 at 9:09 PM, YoshiHNS said:

Most of them are rotting away, awaiting the decade when I'll get to work on and enjoy them

I can relate to that. I've a history of good intentions with wrecks/restoration left to rot. The first was a restoration of our once family car, a 1931 Ford Model A. Now it's a couple of partial fifth gens waiting to be combined. My infamous motto: Never do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

"What is your plan for today?"

"Nothing"

"Was that not your plan for yesterday?"

"Yes but I didnot finish that.."

IMG-20180211-WA0005.thumb.jpg.0093c872c4d10bfb689e0e28378ab7cb.jpg

LOL. Sounds like a line for Andy Capp.

This is me ambition. :goofy:

Why procrastinate now when you can do it later?

• Like 1