I could not ride today because ...

MaxSwell

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Bent said:

No, we just ride naked....

When contemplating climate differences among US locations, I figure if it is cold one just adds more clothing. When it's hot, it's hard to remove one's skin.

oft heard quote: "There is no bad weather - just inappropriate clothing choices." 

• Member Contributer

I dunno MaxSwell.  I don't think it was my imagination riding home one day from Western NC and it seemed hot.  I pushed the dash button and the temp. readout was 99 degrees.  I know it wasn't hot but it sure did seem like it with my mesh riding stuff on.  

• Member Contributer
On 9/10/2018 at 2:58 PM, Bent said:

I dunno MaxSwell.  I don't think it was my imagination riding home one day from Western NC and it seemed hot.  I pushed the dash button and the temp. readout was 99 degrees.  I know it wasn't hot but it sure did seem like it with my mesh riding stuff on.  

I've gotten to the point that when it is not necessary to ride, if it's 90F+ I'll find another way to get around. I've scratched several fantasy cities off my I'd-like-to-live-there list. Like Salt Lake City, etc. We normally have about 13 days above 90. This year was 31, seventh highest in MN history. Cooling degree days this summer have been 150% of normal.

Did I mention it's been Hot?

• Member Contributer
On 1/17/2018 at 4:45 AM, Auspanglish said:

I went to jump on the tigress to commute home last night and noticed all the salt on the pavement. I had noticed it was nippy (do they say nippy because your nipples harden?).

I thought damn it's going to snow again?

Got home, locked bike right below my flat window as always and then notice the flurries in the lamplights. No, not the MacDonald kind.

White mantle this AM which hopefully won't stick. Appears to be melting as I write. 0964fb533215f368a66003d15a0bc6c7.jpg

I wish this was the reason I didn’t ride today....

But it’s been raining for days, will continue to rain for more days, and I have a SV650 (2nd Gen) that I’m pulling apart to sell. Anyone need a SV650 or SV650 parts like Ohlins / CRG / GSXR front end / et cetera?

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

I've gotten to the point that when it is not necessary to ride, if it's 90F+ I'll find another way to get around. I've scratched several fantasy cities off my I'd-like-to-live-there list. Like Salt Lake City, etc. We normally have about 13 days above 90. This year was 31, seventh highest in MN history. Cooling degree days this summer have been 150% of normal.

Did I mention it's been Hot?

I'm with you on that MaxSwell.  If I ride, like thtanner said, it's early in the morning in the summer.  The AC in my cages work really well ; ).  Also, it's really easy to dehydrate (read dangerous) on a bike because the wind is drying off most of the sweat.  I did ride a little over 200 miles early last Saturday morning but that was the limit with the healing rotator cuff.  It hurt Sunday.       

4 hours ago, Bent said:

I did ride a little over 200 miles early last Saturday morning but that was the limit with the healing rotator cuff.  It hurt Sunday.       

Bet you would do it again, regardless. 😁

• Member Contributer
On 9/12/2018 at 8:09 PM, VFR4Lee said:

Bet you would do it again, regardless. 😁

You're right.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived