What did you do to your VFR Today?

weee06

• Member Contributer
14 minutes ago, VFR4Me said:

Is this screen the same shape as the stock screen? 

Same as the original, just dark. I considered the double bubble but as I don't care for it's appearance and don't mind the airflow, stuck with the same shape. Bought it from PowerBronze thru eBay. Saw it, liked it so I watched it. A day later got a eBay offer from PowerBronze for $50 and free shipping. Done!

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
On 5/27/2020 at 4:08 PM, Billv45 said:

Yeah, I don't hop up from the garage floor too quick any more either! After removing the bottom fairing fasteners one time I thought oh hell no...and broke out the credit card.

It Mounts to the swingarm pivots and has a strap on the rear axle bolt to hold it level. It will also lift it in wheelie or stoppie mode. I'm highly impressed with the quality in addition to the design. It's $800 but I don't regret a penny!

Demo video below (I'm not affiliated with Abba but I really do like "The winner takes it all")

Thank you Billv45. I'm reaching for my wallet as I type. This would be a perfect self-gift with my COVID money. 

edit: I ordered my own yesterday. I can't wait to get my butt up off the garage floor. Thank you Billv45 for the inspiration.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

(technically yesterday). Picked it up from the shop. They did every bit of maintenance that a 38,000mile bike needs and it rides like a new machine.

• Member Contributer
43 minutes ago, VFR4Me said:

Got rid of loud delkevic and installed stock muffler.   Mebbe I'll find something else I like better,  but I like what's left of my hearing more...

What did you say? Speak up please. I CAN'T HEAR YOU. :musik20:

Wise move.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 3:27 PM, VFR4Me said:

Got rid of loud delkevic and installed stock muffler.   Mebbe I'll find something else I like better,  but I like what's left of my hearing more...

Which Delk did you remove?  I just bought a 2015 that the PO had cut the stock can in half and I'm considering a change.  Also just up the road in Arvada.  I was considering the 14" DL10.

1 hour ago, zefram47 said:

Which Delk did you remove?  I just bought a 2015 that the PO had cut the stock can in half and I'm considering a change.  Also just up the road in Arvada.  I was considering the 14" DL10.

It was the shorty chromed one. 

Sold it to a guy on the CO Vfr FB messenger group chat...

On 5/28/2020 at 4:14 PM, fink said:

You can get a lid in the side case.

post-31868-0-36087900-1441090786.jpg

THat's almost as far as the lid will close with my Shoei RF1200 in it.  What make and model helmet are you showing in this photo?

16 hours ago, VFR4Me said:

It was the shorty chromed one. 

Sold it to a guy on the CO Vfr FB messenger group chat...

Are there any CO-specific VFR groups around and/or groups that get together to ride?

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Goldcrown44 said:

THat's almost as far as the lid will close with my Shoei RF1200 in it.  What make and model helmet are you showing in this photo?

It’s an Arai chaser, 

• Member Contributer

Well last days we had on the menu 😅

-new oil and filter and K&N air filter maintenance

-removed CBS

-assembled new Hel braided brake lines as well as stock VFR brake calipers drilled so to have all three pistons working at the same time

and now I will deliver her Monday at the mechanic, so to have the used CBR 600 f4 front M/C I have bought rebuilt, as well as brake lines bleed, as I don't mess with that 😅

2114000740_Screenshot2020-06-13at00_22.39copy.thumb.jpg.538be30154aeca05cf1cc4a75c3ace7d.jpg

IMG_0411 copy.jpg

IMG_0414 copy.jpg

IMG_0413 copy.jpg

IMG_0415 copy.jpg

IMG_0416 copy.jpg

IMG_0417 copy.jpg

I can't seem to bolt back the screw highlighted in green, it's like if the screw thread which I believed existed inside the swing arm has vanished... or how does the screw holds to the swing arm so to keep the chain guard in place... many thanks for your help

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Resina said:

Well last days we had on the menu 😅

-new oil and filter and K&N air filter maintenance

-removed CBS

-assembled new Hel braided brake lines as well as stock VFR brake calipers drilled so to have all three pistons working at the same time

and now I will deliver her Monday at the mechanic, so to have the used CBR 600 f4 front M/C I have bought rebuilt, as well as brake lines bleed, as I don't mess with that 😅

2114000740_Screenshot2020-06-13at00_22.39copy.thumb.jpg.538be30154aeca05cf1cc4a75c3ace7d.jpg

IMG_0411 copy.jpg

IMG_0414 copy.jpg

IMG_0413 copy.jpg

IMG_0415 copy.jpg

IMG_0416 copy.jpg

IMG_0417 copy.jpg

I can't seem to bolt back the screw highlighted in green, it's like if the screw thread which I believed existed inside the swing arm has vanished... or how does the screw holds to the swing arm so to keep the chain guard in place... many thanks for your help

I think there is a short metal backing piece under the chain guard, nearly impossible to see or reach into which the screw goes. I'll have to go out and have another look but I remember having a heck of a time getting that attached in the past. I'll update later.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Mounted new tires. My PR5s that I mounted in September and rode all fall/winter/spring on were shot (6100miles). Burned out the center of course, but that's what happens when you live in a valley and have to ride straight roads to get to the fun roads.

Hi everybody, new to this forum but what I did today is get my 2000 VFR800Fi back on the road🙌

I purchased the bike 3years ago, always wanted to try a V4 engine but it needed some tlc so it’s done very little roadwork recently, but hopefully that’ll now change and my trusty Transalp can now have some much needed R&R for its 65000miles of diligent service.

since getting the VFR, it’s needed tyres, new rear shock (Hagon), front forks service and EBC front rota’s. Time to stop spending and start riding.

i hope to get lots of info on how to make the VFR better (read lighter!!) from this forum and will post bits and pieces I do if people are interested.

Pete