What did you do to your VFR Today?

weee06

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, fink said:

Nice Video ,doesn't look like Denmark to me more Spain.

Right, you already passed our tallest mountains (about 173 meters) a couple of times in that video. 

I think it does say Spain in one of the other videos from "FLASH FLASH". 

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, RC36B said:

Right, you already passed our tallest mountains (about 173 meters) a couple of times in that video. 

I think it does say Spain in one of the other videos from "FLASH FLASH". 

We will be passing your way in just over a months time. 

Bought a Michelin Road5 for the back end after coming home from work on Friday, wheeling it back into the garage and noticing this. Couldn't get it plugged because the screw hadn't gone in straight so it was more of a tear than a hole, plus it's illegal to repair Z-rated tyres in the UK. The Road5 was all I could get at the time so I've had to swallow my (maybe unwarranted) dislike of Michelins brought on by the poor performance of the Pilot Road 4 on my 8th gen and give their latest offering a chance, though I admit I loved the Pilot Road 3 I had on my 6th gen. Hopefully it won't complain too much about a half-worn Bridgestone T31 at the front.

2020-02-14 rear T31 nail 3129 miles_1.JPG

2020-02-14 rear T31 nail 3129 miles_2.JPG

large.A5BE58E3-F0EF-48E6-96FA-0F64BA9F6ED7.jpeg.1141d771c36f1f252e33b782d8e88849.jpeglarge.AF74E48E-D4CE-4540-87C8-CF2B91DF148E.jpeg.c4a8b7500312158bef92763cc1184344.jpegGot a bunch of things done all at once:

New DID chain and Sunstar sprockets despite everything still being in spec, with the OEM chain and sprockets still looking good at 40,150 miles (!) (I only use Honda spray lube on the chain)

New adjustable billet levers from Japan

New NGK iridium plugs

Coolant flush

Brake and clutch fluid flush and replacement with Endless RF650

Endless PRO2 front pads

New Honda OEM quickshifter (busted the peg on the first one)

Honda synthetic oil and OEM filter

Honda OEM air filter

Then I went for a ride!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

A couple of fabulous photos and a couple of great bikes Shinigami. I've done 72,000ks on my 8gen and currently on my second chain with the original sprockets, due for a chain replacement in a few thousand k's however I will probably only replace the front sprocket, a close inspection of the sprockets recently revealed no visible wear! I've successfully ran at least two chains to a set of OEM sprockets for many years, I'm a bit of a fusspot for checking tension and regular lubing. YMMV.

That RF650 brake fluid is expensive, I know it's a very high performance product, but does it still require replacement every two years as per normal Dot 4?

Cheers.

• Member Contributer

Put the optimate on the battery that I thought had died a while back (I had stuck it on the charger and brought it back to live) and removed the Innov k2 to put on the Bmw

On 2/16/2020 at 4:08 PM, Grum said:

A couple of fabulous photos and a couple of great bikes Shinigami. I've done 72,000ks on my 8gen and currently on my second chain with the original sprockets, due for a chain replacement in a few thousand k's however I will probably only replace the front sprocket, a close inspection of the sprockets recently revealed no visible wear! I've successfully ran at least two chains to a set of OEM sprockets for many years, I'm a bit of a fusspot for checking tension and regular lubing. YMMV.

That RF650 brake fluid is expensive, I know it's a very high performance product, but does it still require replacement every two years as per normal Dot 4?

Cheers.

Thanks!  Yes, the RF650 is a little bit overkill.  But, I like overkill on items like that.

I live in a very arid climate, and it’s possible to go up to 4 years between flushes, but I still stay with a two year interval.

I have never had such low chain wear on my old 6th gen or on my current CBR600RR, 20k miles and the chains would be done, though I do pay attention to adjustments and lube.

Despite everything being well within spec on the 8th gen OEM chain and sprockets,  I just felt it would be prudent to change them out before the season really kicks off here.  I’ve seen the results of failed chains, and want no part of that.

Same with the spark plugs, the old ones looked great, but I hate to push intervals on items that can drop ceramic bits into a cylinder.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Two bolts and stops need to be added to the front.  They should come with bike.  Instructions are in owners manual.

Removing & Installing Body Components u Front Seat ❙ Removal
1. Remove the rear seat. 2 P. 64
2. Remove the mounting bolts and collars,
and then pull the front seat back and up.
❙ Installation
1. Install the front seat by aligning the recess for the current seat height position (low or high) with the front stay.
2. Install the collars and mounting bolts.
3. Tighten the mounting bolts securely.
4. Make sure that the mount positions of the
recess and the adjust plates are the same
seat position. 2 P. 92
5. Install the rear seat.
Make sure that the seat is locked securely in position to pull it up lightly.
For the front seat height adjustment, see “Changing the Front Seat Height.” 2 P. 91
       Front seat
Recess (low position) Mounting bolts
                      Front stay Collars Recess (high position)

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, reddccrew said:

Quick question when I want to use seat in high position some bolts have to be added? Do someone have a photo of it? 

This should help you out, just incase you don't have the owners manual!

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Yes, they are the high seat position collars. So simply bolt them on in the forward position then change the two rear brackets to the high position, job done.

On 2/16/2020 at 1:21 PM, fatshoutybloke said:

Bought a Michelin Road5 for the back end after coming home from work on Friday, wheeling it back into the garage and noticing this. Couldn't get it plugged because the screw hadn't gone in straight so it was more of a tear than a hole, plus it's illegal to repair Z-rated tyres in the UK. The Road5 was all I could get at the time so I've had to swallow my (maybe unwarranted) dislike of Michelins brought on by the poor performance of the Pilot Road 4 on my 8th gen and give their latest offering a chance, though I admit I loved the Pilot Road 3 I had on my 6th gen. Hopefully it won't complain too much about a half-worn Bridgestone T31 at the front.

Going into Brit mode here...

Would you sodding believe it!!! 30 days after the above, another one. A three-quarter-inch razor-edged piece of flint carved it's way into my less than 400-mile-old rear Road 5. BOLLOX!!!!

2020-03-18 rear Road 5 puncture_2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 4:28 PM, Shinigami said:

Got a bunch of things done all at once:

New DID chain and Sunstar sprockets despite everything still being in spec, with the OEM chain and sprockets still looking good at 40,150 miles (!) (I only use Honda spray lube on the chain)

New adjustable billet levers from Japan

New NGK iridium plugs

Coolant flush

Brake and clutch fluid flush and replacement with Endless RF650

Endless PRO2 front pads

New Honda OEM quickshifter (busted the peg on the first one)

Honda synthetic oil and OEM filter

Honda OEM air filter

Then I went for a ride!

Is that BMW an S1000RR? That looks super nice!

On 4/6/2020 at 2:13 PM, reddccrew said:

Quick question what is value of torque to mount break calipers? Maybe some one have technical documentation in advance? 

BR Remigiusz 

If you have the Owners Manual the Torque Settings will be in there,if not ive seen a value of 23ft/lbs.

On my ‘00, installed a recently sourced factory screen. The original had developed multiple cracks in recent years. Additionally, installed a used low-mount Two Bros aluminum slip on. Up to now I’ve run the factory system all the while listing after a Staintune, GPR, etc. For $50 I couldn’t pass it up.

Am I correct in thinking that I now have can options to use with the two bro’s midpipe as long as the prospective can’s I.D. plays nicely with the midpipe’s O.D, utilizes springs for attachment & the mounting bracket is addressed appropriately?

I have to say that internet video audio doesn’t do justice! I haven’t yet heard in person the VFR with anything but the OEM system. Just wanted to say, it sounds wonderful!

F1472092-9091-423E-9D82-699ACACC70B5.jpeg

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Bought a new battery. When I checked the old one which had been on a Battery Tender, it showed 12.4 V. Put it in, turned the key

and nothing. Checked the battery, 12.4 V. Hmmm, checked the battery when I turned the key 0 V. Apparently a bad cell. It woudn't

even light a tail light bulb on the bench.

So off to Wally World for a new battery. $65 later and I'm back in business. Not sure exactly how old the battery is but got to be 5+

years old. It goes on the Battery Tender in the winter so that probably helps.

New front tire is next on the list. Already have it, just need to get it mounted and balanced.

• Member Contributer

Hi FJ12Ryder.

That's a GREAT example of why battery voltage is NOT a true indication of capacity or health of the battery. Thanks for sharing your classic example.

Good Luck with the new battery.

Cheers.