What did you do to your VFR Today?

weee06

• Member Contributer

Spring is coming soon...

Brakes had major overhaul last year - all new o-rings, seals and braided brake-lines. So this year is the "light edition".

I removed the calipers and cleaned pistons (only external part of piston). With floating calipers,  I clean and re-grease slides every year; it takes very little time and I never have uneven wear, noisy brakes or warped discs.

IMG_4550.thumb.JPG.38b6eb12f2cd4c4aa3f0a0b905fbbf0e.JPGIMG_3962.thumb.JPG.60a2ba900441327fda3f6879568f77da.JPGIMG_5643.thumb.JPG.1bd0055ef47a74a6d9289d008ee2305d.JPG

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
On 1/4/2020 at 2:19 AM, RC36B said:

Lucky bastard! In Denmark they raised ethanol content to 10% effective this January 1st. E0 not allowed in the market 😞

Apparently, I am lucky on the EO.  It sure makes a power difference in the 8th gen., just as it did on my 5th and 6th gens., when I had them.  Ethanol is a scam in many ways.  It isn't saving any whales and it takes more BTU's of energy to make a gallon of it than there are BTU's in the gallon.  Government helping us out again.......

• Member Contributer

Lucky bastard! In Denmark they raised ethanol content to 10% effective this January 1st. E0 not allowed in the market 😞

Apparently, I am lucky on the EO.  It sure makes a power difference in the 8th gen., just as it did on my 5th and 6th gens., when I had them.  Ethanol is a scam in many ways.  It isn't saving any whales and it takes more BTU's of energy to make a gallon of it than there are BTU's in the gallon.  Government helping us out again.......

• Member Contributer

Well didn’t ride since it’s 1200 miles away in a buddies garage.
Did purchase and tried the new First gear heated liner and gloves that in my opinion after riding streets since 84 is a real nice addition.
Getting ready for CO when I’m here permanently come The end of July.
Have a completely done basement that will be my man cave so will post up rides and end up at my home for food and lots of drinks.
Oh and a place to crash as well.
See you then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

For a February 2nd, really nice weather today - blue sky and 5C... only the wind is a little annoying. This day 18 years ago the weather was pretty much the same. I remember because I ate some dirt that day. I have no memory - witnesses told the bike landed on my chest after what in pilot jargon is best described as "uncontrolled flight into terrain" - I think I was lucky.

Even though the bike is work-in-progress it went back together last night. I went for a ride and of course... needed to pass my old crash site. Not often that is a joy in February...

1215092213_Crashsiteof020202.thumb.png.2fe07dae07c114c62e514dddc773796b.png

• Member Contributer

Glad to see it didn’t put you off riding. As an immortal 20 year old (41 years ago😳) I did a superman  impersonation (for about 1 second) over the roof of a car. I still ride past the spot regularly and can still remember the accident very clearly. Luckily I was not severely injured just a fractured wrist and some skin off my knees. Nothing makes you pay more attention than your first accident. 

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Philois1984 said:

Glad to see it didn’t put you off riding. As an immortal 20 year old (41 years ago😳) I did a superman  impersonation (for about 1 second) over the roof of a car. I still ride past the spot regularly and can still remember the accident very clearly. Luckily I was not severely injured just a fractured wrist and some skin off my knees. Nothing makes you pay more attention than your first accident. 

Yeah - guess the "aha experience" is if you want to fly, use an aircraft... far more graceful 🙂

You can have your accident for your selves - I don't want it 🙂 

On 2/2/2020 at 8:21 PM, RC36B said:

For a February 2nd, really nice weather today - blue sky and 5C... only the wind is a little annoying. This day 18 years ago the weather was pretty much the same. I remember because I ate some dirt that day. I have no memory - witnesses told the bike landed on my chest after what in pilot jargon is best described as "uncontrolled flight into terrain" - I think I was lucky.

Even though the bike is work-in-progress it went back together last night. I went for a ride and of course... needed to pass my old crash site. Not often that is a joy in February...

It took 18 years to fix the bike?

• Haha 1

• Member Contributer
32 minutes ago, mikeswe said:

It took 18 years to fix the bike?

🙂 an unintended interpretation... the bike back then did not make it 😞 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
On 2/2/2020 at 8:21 PM, RC36B said:

1215092213_Crashsiteof020202.thumb.png.2fe07dae07c114c62e514dddc773796b.png

Little chance I will get to Rokiškis, Lithuania to shoot a similar video.... 

Besides, my VFR with his snapped beam frame was a total and utter write-offf. as well.... Parts of her now live on across the globe... :goofy:

Had the new headers installed. Larger diameter than stock and no CAT. Install with a TBR slip on required an custom "adapter" to be fabricated as you can see in the pic. Shop (Catalyst Reaction Tuning) did a fantastic job but it wasn't cheap. Definitely added some throatiness and butt dyno says a some top end power. Will see what the intelligent Rapid Bike System does with the mods over time. Still need to get to the hills and break in the new tires. "before" picture at the bottom.

IMG_9820.jpg

IMG_9821.jpg

IMG_9811.jpg

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, mountainslide said:

Larger diameter than stock and no CAT.

De bronafbeelding bekijken

:tongue:

• Haha 3

• Member Contributer

I'm definitely getting too old or simply too lazy to replace mirrors and peg wear bolts... Of course, the chance is I'm too much of a chicken as well 🙂

On 1/5/2020 at 3:16 AM, Dutchy said:

A Suzuki?

Lets heat up the tar and pluck some feathers..... 😎

Lol the vfr is running great now and is a blast to ride but now that my wife is finally back to work I might snatch up one of these..........

982C9533-044C-40D3-BD8B-6B8E16132FAE.jpeg

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Rob2m said:

Swept the garage floor so far, Its coming today,  a 2017 VFR1200X...  

Who would worry about the garage floor with a new VFR on your hands... roads are calling... the dust not going anywhere anyway :wheel:

Welcome and congratulations with the new bike 🙂

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, reddccrew said:

Hi what value of rpm should be on hot engine? My some time is even below 1000rpm? It that fine? Vfr 800f 2016. 

Warm engine idle is 1200rpm, and easily adjusted.

• Member Contributer
22 minutes ago, reddccrew said:

I have also older vfr vtec i there is a screw but in the new one it is not existing. How can I adjust it?

On your 2016 8gen the idle adjust knob is just above the clutch slave cylinder on the left side of the bike, turning the knob clockwise will increase your idle rpm. No need to remove the fairing.

image.jpeg

image.png

• Member Contributer
On 2/11/2020 at 6:59 PM, RC36B said:

I'm definitely getting too old or simply too lazy to replace mirrors and peg wear bolts... Of course, the chance is I'm too much of a chicken as well 🙂

Nice Video ,doesn't look like Denmark to me more Spain.