What did you do to your VFR Today?

weee06

• Member Contributer
On 10/26/2019 at 8:41 AM, Bent said:

That's still very good mileage.  Don't know how people get over 3K on any kind of rear tire.  

I'm no knee dragger but I routinely get 8,000 - 10,000 miles out of the Pilot Road 2 tires I've used in the last 10 years. The fronts usually have enough tread to keep using but I prefer getting tires in a set.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

I'm no knee dragger but I routinely get 8,000 - 10,000 miles out of the Pilot Road 2 tires I've used in the last 10 years. The fronts usually have enough tread to keep using but I prefer getting tires in a set.

I know how you do it.  No criticism meant.  I have slowed down condiserably though.  

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Bent said:

I know how you do it.  No criticism meant.  I have slowed down condiserably though.  

It's true Bent. I have moved to "Life in the slower lane; I have lost (most of) my mind". (Apologies to The Eagles.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
1 hour ago, laurie said:

Filled the bike and car with fuel. Catastrophic bushfire conditions predicted tomorrow so preparing to get the viffer,car and valuables packed ready to evacuate.

Stay safe m8.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 11/11/2019 at 4:46 AM, laurie said:

Filled the bike and car with fuel. Catastrophic bushfire conditions predicted tomorrow so preparing to get the viffer,car and valuables packed ready to evacuate.

Nothing for nearly a month....hope yr ok fella!

On 11/11/2019 at 4:46 AM, laurie said:

That puts a bit of perspective on stuff. Good luck, stay safe! 

• 3 weeks later...

Wired up the trickle charger harness,  and on the heated gear harness changed the fuse to be able to handle the addition of a heated jacket. 

Prolly gonna add a distribution block for the electronics soon. 

• Member Contributer

Rode is after several weeks of just sitting.  It ran good but it was a little cold so it was a quick ride.  Machinery isn't meant to sit idle.  Letting that happen bugs me.  Put some fresh gas in it.  Non-ethanol gas.  If you haven't tried it, get some 87 octane E0 and see how much different it runs.  

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
On 12/31/2019 at 3:30 PM, Bent said:

Rode is after several weeks of just sitting.  It ran good but it was a little cold so it was a quick ride.  Machinery isn't meant to sit idle.  Letting that happen bugs me.  Put some fresh gas in it.  Non-ethanol gas.  If you haven't tried it, get some 87 octane E0 and see how much different it runs.  

Lucky bastard! In Denmark they raised ethanol content to 10% effective this January 1st. E0 not allowed in the market 😞

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, simo5555 said:

you can always do this 😄 

Nice 🙂 ...

Well, except for the price... 😯 and the work required too... 😫

Ex work: EUR 2,30 per liter or USD 9.74 per USG

1898469569_Skrmbillede2020-01-04kl_11_46_22.png.85747d149e79070bc7a77faa027c9c98.png

Thats bad. Luckily, we still have the ethanol free E98E0 for sale. I use this in my bike and it has worked just fine. We also have the E95E10 too. The rescue service, military etc started to complain that the ethanol will ruin their equipment. Not to mention the motorcyclist, lawnmowers, car drivers etc. The fuel companies hated it so one of them introduced the new diesel made entirely with renewable sources (bio-methane and biowaste mostly mixed with some type of parafin-like stuff) a few months ago called nexbtl diesel. So selling this and the cng biogas, the fuel company will fulfill the required co2 emission reduction set by the government and can keep selling the regular, ethanol-free fuel too.

• Member Contributer
14 minutes ago, simo5555 said:

Thats bad. Luckily, we still have the ethanol free E98E0 for sale. I use this in my bike and it has worked just fine. We also have the E95E10 too. The rescue service, military etc started to complain that the ethanol will ruin their equipment. Not to mention the motorcyclist, lawnmowers, car drivers etc. The fuel companies hated it so one of them introduced the new diesel made entirely with renewable sources (bio-methane and biowaste mostly mixed with some type of parafin-like stuff) a few months ago called nexbtl diesel. So selling this and the cng biogas, the fuel company will fulfill the required co2 emission reduction set by the government and can keep selling the regular, ethanol-free fuel too.

Lucky you. In Denmark no exceptions!

Btw, I was in Kuressaare some years ago. Sailed into Roomassaare. The harbour was maybe not the greatest (only outer industry part of the harbour had sufficient depth of water) but we had a great time. 

• Member Contributer

In NL we still have some "premium" fuels that guaranteed ethanol-free. Like BP 98 ultimate

IMG-20200104-WA0019.thumb.jpeg.3d7c34b03b2f02e7a5e8aabbd3978177.jpeg

:beer:

• Member Contributer
25 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

In NL we still have some "premium" fuels that guaranteed ethanol-free. Like BP 98 ultimate

IMG-20200104-WA0019.thumb.jpeg.3d7c34b03b2f02e7a5e8aabbd3978177.jpeg

In Denmark, 100 RON has 5% ethanol

2 hours ago, RC36B said:

Lucky you. In Denmark no exceptions!

Btw, I was in Kuressaare some years ago. Sailed into Roomassaare. The harbour was maybe not the greatest (only outer industry part of the harbour had sufficient depth of water) but we had a great time. 

Hope you liked it here. I´ve lived here all my life and i still haven´t visited the Kuressaare yet. Was hoping to go there this summer, but we´ll see.

2 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Thats one sweet looking bike. A good friend of mine owns one too (white with gold wheels) and i got to ride it once. Scared the crap out of me - the torque is insane

• Member Contributer

The torque my brain can handle; it is the 285kmh (on GPS, thacho reads 295) topspeed that does my head in....

E5 here means MAXIMUM 5% ethanol... Some brands do, some do not.....

Went to the Honda shop to visit my ‘07 which is waiting for a new right side switch.   The bike started acting funky and stopped running while on a busy Los Angeles freeway two weeks ago and had to be towed 30 some miles.   The shop checked stator and  regulator and all was reported to be good but the battery wiring harness was crispy and corroded and replaced which reportedly fixed the cutting out issue.   

Since the bike was being looked at I had them investigate a weird shorting issue with the 4 way flasher switch, every time I switched the flashers on it would blow out the 10 amp fuse.  Taking apart the right hand switch and cleaning with contact cleaner did nothing, running through connectors and cleaning them didn’t do anything but clean them.   I have lived with issue for awhile and basically just stopped using the 4 way flashers as a fix.    The mechanic tried the cleaning thing with the switch with no joy so replacement was recommended, just waiting for the part.   

In 10 years of ownership the bike has had a bad ground issue which nearly left me stranded and this current breakdown so I suppose it’s not that bad but damn after nearly being run over my faith in the bike is pretty low, will have to see how it goes when I get it back.    

For now I’m blessed to have a NT700V and my Bking to ride.    Both have been trouble free and I haven’t had to baby the electrical connections.    Having thoughts about replacing the vfr with a gsxs750/1000 or go all the way and pick up a full on liter  bike gsxr1000.    Just thoughts.