What did you do to your VFR Today?

weee06

Found the spacers for the front of the seat, in a box I got when I bought the bike, and installed them.  Was wondering why the front of the seat would move down when I sat on the bike.

Took the baffle out of the shorty Delkevic exhaust, fired it up, and put the baffle right back in.  Good Lord did it sound good, but too loud for me.

• Member Contributer

I finally had an opportunity to go break in my new tires (Michelin Pilot Road 5). I've been too busy with work and racing to get out on the street bike. My tire guy always tells me "take it easy until they break in". Well the first time i got out was of course in the middle of an autumn rain storm. But the good news is that the PR5s perform just as good in the rain as the PR4s (which I also broke in during a rain storm). Hopefully I get as many miles out of them as well. My PR4 rears were lasting 6-7k miles.

IMG_20190922_153549212.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Took the bike for a spin through the Royal National Park, Sydney.

Kept it pretty tame as not ridden properly in over 12 months.

Spectacular scenery and some great switch backs/ twisties.

You dont need to be speeding to have a bit of fun with some 'spirited riding'.

Definitely take some pictures next time.

Bonus- during the working week so less vehicles on the road and less police trawling biking hot spots.

• Member Contributer

Bled the clutch and brake fluid.  First time for that job for me.  Don't need the Motion Pro bleeder I bought.  It just gets in the way.  

The new fluid does make a very distinct difference.  Much crisper braking and shifting.  Brake fluid looked so so but the clutch fluid was very dirty with crap in the reservoir.  

Moral to the story:  change your fluid on time.  

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, VFR4Me said:

Got a speeding ticket,  and also had a great ride this chilly Colorado morning

:worthlesswithoutpics:

• Member Contributer

Got pulled over today for moving past stationary cars for right hand turn in the bike lane.  Got a warning.  4th warning in a row for miscreant deeds committed while on my trusty "99.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Powerbronze wind deflectors (dark smoke).   We will see how they do....temps in the morning as of yet only at best 48 F or so...southern California...I know other places got that real winter snap.

26127BFA-85F3-43FA-B67C-38E7D7956143.jpeg

D68DA675-9B5E-4DE2-86C6-18119F48AEFB.jpeg

• Like 1

Hit 14K and did all fluids and a new set of shoes. This is what a Q3 Plus looks like when the sides go first. Happy that I burned through the sides first though. Great tires for the bike!

IMG_9343.thumb.jpg.e860782083957932b61da3ad3f25e315.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 10/18/2019 at 1:18 PM, mountainslide said:

Hit 14K and did all fluids and a new set of shoes. This is what a Q3 Plus looks like when the sides go first. Happy that I burned through the sides first though. Great tires for the bike!

Do you live at the track or something? Haha.

• Member Contributer
On 10/18/2019 at 3:18 PM, mountainslide said:

IMG_9343.thumb.jpg.e860782083957932b61da3ad3f25e315.jpg

That is quite decent mileage from a rear. Looks Very Well Used.

• Member Contributer

Just got back from 4 days to and from The Great Smoky Mountains riding some of the most technical curves in the country while there.  Total:  962 curvy miles the entire way from my driveway.   The 8th gen. took almost all of it at high throttle and heavy engine braking with no ill results.  Tough bike in the garage.  Rode The Dragon too much.  It's a dangerous place to be on...don't advise riding it any more.  Too many incompetent Hog riders.  It is what it is.    

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Rubbed it down with Honda Cleaner/Polish and let it dry.  Nobody has come along to wipe it off so I guess I'll have to do it.....

On 10/21/2019 at 11:55 AM, MaxSwell said:

That is quite decent mileage from a rear. Looks Very Well Used.

I didn't get 14K out of the tire, that was the mileage on the bike for service, I was late for my 12K. I got a shy of 4K out of the tires which isn't a lot but I love how the handle.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, mountainslide said:

I didn't get 14K out of the tire, that was the mileage on the bike for service, I was late for my 12K. I got a shy of 4K out of the tires which isn't a lot but I love how the handle.

That's still very good mileage.  Don't know how people get over 3K on any kind of rear tire.