What did you do to your VFR Today?

weee06

1 hour ago, Samuelx said:

Hail Caesar! 

Is 'semper ubi sub ubi' part of ATGATT?  😉 

Initially not understanding this (or should I say "understanding this only as Latin words without any coherent meaning"), I did some Googling (I admit). This learned me that this isn't exactly Latin, but Englatin, a not so much spoken variant of it ☺️ But then again, for those who speak it : YES (it's part of ATGATT)  😎

This being said, I prefer the standard exhaust. But then again : de gustibus et de coloribus ...  😉

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Cleaned and lubed the chain.  After over 15 years of VFR ownership, I still don't know of a quick easy way to clean a motorcycle chain and get it really clean.  Just a real PIA job.  Oh well, it's done now.  

Had this off. Not too bad considering it's been through four salty British winters and the inside face is no worse. I've seen others which are much worse but I did cover it in ACF50 when it was new. I'll get it cleaned up and resprayed before it goes back.

heatshield.JPG

• Member Contributer

That’s the step isn’t it?

Much involved in getting it off?

I’ve been looking at mine and thinking I might take it off and either get it plated or make a carbon fibre one as I’ll have it to make the mould from 

• Member Contributer
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:08 PM, VFR4Lee said:

Chain wax seems to attract quite a bit less grime than the oily stuff. 😉

Wait until you have to clean around the front sprocket some day. Not fun, nothing seems to dissolve that stuff.

4 hours ago, RDMcD said:

Wait until you have to clean around the front sprocket some day. Not fun, nothing seems to dissolve that stuff.

Carb cleaner will dissolve it with very little effort. You may use quite a bit to clean things up but it works.

On 5/31/2019 at 9:47 AM, RDMcD said:

I haven't gotten there yet with the wax. But the oily stuff (PJ1 was what I used) made a horrible mess in there. Lots of grit too.

On 5/31/2019 at 5:18 PM, Thumbs said:

That’s the step isn’t it?

Much involved in getting it off?

I’ve been looking at mine and thinking I might take it off and either get it plated or make a carbon fibre one as I’ll have it to make the mould from 

It's the rear headers heat shield from the right hand side. Not too bad to remove, first you need to undo one bolt at the top, the bolt holding the rear brake fluid reservoir and the two footrest hanger bolts. That enables you to swing everything out far enough to get a spanner onto the nuts on the ends of the two bolts that go though the upper footrest hanger holding the rear brake cylinder to release the shield. These...

Heatshield.JPG

• Thanks 1

Removed all fairings, centerstand, footpegs, rear wheel on and off a few times...  Why you may ask... so that I can get the exhaust off.  All but 1 nut remaining on the small collector at the engine.  Just can not get that one off.  Now thinking I need to now take out the rear shock.  Replacing with 2 Brothers set up if I can finish the job!

swapped my RH TREX puck with new style due to damage during low speed practice.  You won’t find the old style where the VFR is etched into the puck due to copyright.   The old part by far looks superior... the new red color does not match the paint and it looks like more of a fuchsia color in person.  There us also a silver color available.  If you’re wondering, the puck did its job no issues with the bolts other than some oxidation on one side and a little bit of rust which I scraped and added removable  during installation.

D061D610-7D73-4C2A-A2AE-9C265805D29B.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Sometimes copyright law is ridiculous!! I am glad I have already have these fitted. You should be able to find a small tin of paint to match Victory Red much more closely if it annoys you too much.

• Member Contributer

I found & fixed a broken wire to my loud air horns. They failed to work on Wednesday as a car tried to cut me up. Checked yesterday & I could hear the relay firing, so whipped the left side fairing off & traced the fault to the positive wire from solenoid to the horn had broken just below the terminal crimp. All good now, MoT tomorrow.