What did you do to your VFR Today?

weee06

• Member Contributer

Hi,

My nearly brand new VFR (which I bought back in 2016 with 1 owner only & 5.000km) has turned 30.000km 😬

Chandged oil and filters at home, and took her to local Honda dealer to have new stock chain and sprockets installed, as well as valves checked; I don't mess with that stuff 😅
Ngk iridium spark plug were fitted when se turned 24.000km
She pulls like a Train 😈

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.jpg

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Hi
On the latests erronds I had to do through Lisbon, here in Portugal, I've came accross fellow 5th Gen Red twins 🙂
We still have lots of nice VFRs, I'm not the only V4 nuts here 😅

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

All be it last week but no point posting without a test.

I fitted an Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder. The difference to stock is quite remarkable, now as light as my CBF 125 to operate but the engagement is over a longer span of lever movement. This makes it far more controllable, removing the need to over rev to stop it stalling in slow speed maneuvers.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

This week I replaced the front tire and cleaned the hell out of the front brakes. The brakes were awful, something to do with riding in the rain all winter, and they were sticking pretty bad. The front tire was completely thrashed because of an unexpected track day (Pilot Road 4 is NOT a track tire) and because I'm pretty rough with the front end.

Anywho I went out and rode it today and was amazed at how much a handling difference a new tire and functioning brakes make. For a 550lbs bike the VFR can be pretty nimble when you put your mind to it.

• Member Contributer

Going to put a new rear tire on it then ride it this weekend.  Weather is supposed to be perfect for doing anything outside.  

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Sparkie said:

My ixil exhaust came in the mail today.

0412191721a.jpg

0412192212.jpg

Hi Sparkie.

I have the same exhaust and love it, however the main colour of mine is matt black. From your photos yours looks more like a gray or is that a polished metal effect?

I've run the bike for a long time with both noise restrictors removed, however I've gone to having only the upper one installed, find the sound level is just right for me, both restrictors in seems too quite for my liking. Experiment with them and see what sound level suits you.

Enjoy the IXIL, it's a nice addition to the 8gen.

Cheers.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Grum said:

Hi Sparkie.

I have the same exhaust and love it, however the main colour of mine is matt black. From your photos yours looks more like a gray or is that a polished metal effect?

I've run the bike for a long time with both noise restrictors removed, however I've gone to having only the upper one installed, find the sound level is just right for me, both restrictors in seems too quite for my liking. Experiment with them and see what sound level suits you.

Enjoy the IXIL, it's a nice addition to the 8gen.

Cheers.

I bought the stainless version.  It was $300.  I think the black version looks better, but it's an extra $50.  I just wanted to mention that ixil has discontinued production and is out of stock of both for our 8th gen vfrs. So if you want one, you will have to find one someone else has in their inventory.  It looks like several companies have them in stock, but they are asking close to $500.  I hope nobody buys one close to that price.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, thepretender said:

Took the brand new 2014 out for its maiden voyage put the first 115 miles on her. What a joy to ride. 

Wait...WHAT?! 

lol With a dead cylinder on the 6th gen if I can fix I'll sell it if not I'll put a bullet in it and then sell it. Got a great price on a standard 8th gen and grabbed it. Feels lighter both moving it around and in handling with a smoother engine than the 6th with PC5. 1/2 the price of the Duc SS that I lust for.   

• Like 1

Installed Innovv K2 motorcycle camera.  Hit a bird on the way home.   The install was tons of fun for the front camera🤨.  The audio is not too shabby, but that's not why I bought the camera.

The hard wired camera works in unisen via INNOVV mobile app.  The app allows you to control the camera, the settings, save video/photo files, view on the spot clips of your ride via WI-FI, share etc.   The camera can take up to a 256 gb.  I use a 128 gb A2, its plenty for me.

I was tired of purchasing new sena "rechargeable" batteries for my helmet camera every year-as constant use shortens their performance.

Any how so far I'm pleased, set it and forget it factor...reliability to be determined.

For more information on the camera:  INNOVV.com

• Member Contributer

Stripped off the silencer & opened it up to reveal most of the packing had left the party. Will order up some more packing material to rebuild it. Pics later.

• Member Contributer

I just replaced the sprockets and chain. Took me two days to do the actual work because I'm bad at reading the service manual and because I had to rebleed the clutch. I had a hell of a time with the clutch until I found an old thread on this board that says you need to loosen the top banjo bolt to let air out. Once again VFRD is a lifesaver.

• Member Contributer

Replaced the 2000 Throttle bodies with a modified set of 99 ones. With a manual choke, with 4 hole CBR929 injectors, and a tapered intake modification.  It runs, so that’s a start. I balanced the starters & adjusted the idle, now it revs well too.  I’ll finish it in the morning 😀😎

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I rode my 6 Gen 100 miles in the pouring rain! Of course as soon as I got to my destination, the rain stopped, then it was nice and sunny for the ride home. I then swapped out a set of EBC rotors on my 5 Gen front wheel for a set of their Wave rotors VR1014B. The gold rotor set will be going on my spare gold wheel.

Before...

IMG_4832.thumb.jpeg.aa5e7c3139f6a807a832d560f74f881a.jpeg

After...

IMG_4833.thumb.jpeg.f7d2faedede553c8da314799ea7fcf9b.jpeg

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

A ride beats a drive....  even when it rains :tongue:

Them black centered rotors suit the white rims well.

Ebony&Ivory, perfect harmony

Hello from Los Angeles.  I purchased my new 2015 VFR in late March and have just finished installing mods.  Corbin seat, Puig touring windscreen, Delkevic exhaust, rear eliminator kit and hugger.

I most enjoy the new exhaust....deep and throaty just like a big cat growl.  The tail tidy and hugger are great.  Corbin seat really improves the ride.  I still have a 2005 VFR800 that was purchased new and really gave great service but the new bike really has some great electronic items that make a difference in the two bikes.  Also enjoy that the V-tech kicks in 1K sooner.

I had the Helibars on the 2005 and opted not to install any aftermarket bars on the new bike.  I'm really having quite a time getting legs in condition for the new riding position but I say any exercise that hurts is good exercise.  Love this new bike....can't wait to do the "kilt" ride in San Francisco next year.

I have to find a new home for the 2005 this spring....too good a bike to just sit around.

VFRa_051519.jpg

VFRd 051519.jpg

VFR800FD_2019_0309_htm.jpg

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

Going to ride the thing after coffee, breakfast, tire pressure check and getting all the ATGATT stuff on.  Washed the jacket last night.  It was a filthy, dried sweat, ugly abomination.  It really didn't really didn't bother me though.  It was getting to where it would stand up on its own.  We'll see how it feels.  A real motorcyclist gets dirty when riding.  I noticed people were avoiding me when I had it on.  Not a bad thing really but kind of contrary with my magnet personality, LOL!  I must be hallucinating already today.