What did you do to your VFR Today?

weee06

2 hours ago, CDNBCN said:

Installed a R&G rad guard.

74CAC967-8C3E-420E-973C-49C3B459F6A8.jpeg

That's really nice . I'm interested in getting a pair . Where did you purchase them  do u have a picture of the fairing on ? 

On 5/4/2018 at 11:32 PM, VFRUNNER said:

That's really nice . I'm interested in getting a pair . Where did you purchase them  do u have a picture of the fairing on ? 

I'll snap a few pictures tonight.

On 5/4/2018 at 11:33 PM, VFRUNNER said:

Is this only for the 8th gen?

I would check directly with R&G Racing's website and see if they do. I sourced mine from www.twistedthrottle.ca who's an authorized R&G dealer.

Very clean , Looks like it will do the job . 100%

1 hour ago, CDNBCN said:

Here’s a few with the fairings on.

E2A699FD-7137-4C1C-9FC1-07F23D1B94C7.jpeg

C846F54D-D334-4A91-95C0-72458CA50EA3.jpeg

7D0FD162-C90B-4F57-9AB7-1941AFD12CFB.jpeg

Very clean , Looks like it will do the job . 100%

• Member Contributer

Replaced a faulty zumo cradle.Can now hear directions, listen to tunes and if needed talk on the phone.

putting the original screen back on for another test before doing a screen review of several screens. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 9:23 PM, fink said:

...putting the original screen back on... 

Hi Fink, what's involved in that?  My understanding was that taking the original 8th-gen screen off (or putting it on) was very simple. I happened to be in the dealer's yesterday and asked the service manager's advice.  He made it sound quite difficult and told me the mirrors would have to be removed. Given that they have wiring it all started to sound more involved than I'd thought.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, BrianL said:

Hi Fink, what's involved in that?  My understanding was that taking the original 8th-gen screen off (or putting it on) was very simple. I happened to be in the dealer's yesterday and asked the service manager's advice.  He made it sound quite difficult and told me the mirrors would have to be removed. Given that they have wiring it all started to sound more involved than I'd thought.

A service manager making it sound harder than it is, well I never...

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, BrianL said:

Mirrors don't require removal. 8gen screen removal is a bit more of a PITA due to the inner visor removal complete with the side pieces. Far easier job on a 6gen.

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, BrianL said:

Pretty easy to do. 2 tools correct sizes Allen key and a fine edge trim tool although have done it with a screwdriver. 

I was was going to do a how to next week when I get home as I have been trying out a few screens. 

4E3F273F-F71C-43BA-A777-352C6073AA76.jpeg

I put on new EBC HH brake pads on my 05 vfr800. Took a whopping 30 minutes by the time I was done cleaning up. I would have changed the sprockets and chain today too but Motosport sent me a front sprocket and chain and no rear (backordered).  I will not order form them again. I don't like ordering stuff and finding out when it is delivered that it is not complete. They should email you and give you a chance to cancel and order elsewhere instead of shipping part of the order. 

I would assume it is ok to just go ahead and install it with my half worn rear sprocket and then just slip the new one in its place when it comes.  I doubt if a few hundred miles is gonna hurt it.....any body disagree?

3 hours ago, exwifeschewtoy said:

I put on new EBC HH brake pads on my 05 vfr800. Took a whopping 30 minutes by the time I was done cleaning up. I would have changed the sprockets and chain today too but Motosport sent me a front sprocket and chain and no rear (backordered).  I will not order form them again. I don't like ordering stuff and finding out when it is delivered that it is not complete. They should email you and give you a chance to cancel and order elsewhere instead of shipping part of the order. 

I would assume it is ok to just go ahead and install it with my half worn rear sprocket and then just slip the new one in its place when it comes.  I doubt if a few hundred miles is gonna hurt it.....any body disagree?

I personally would just wait . It ain't gonna hurt it if u just wait.  Not worth the risk.  

just last week i fueled up and rebatteried the '86 rwb 700 i've owned since 1991 to get it out of winter storage.  ran great, so i rode it home from my shop (8 miles each way) and enjoyed being back aboard, but it makes so much engine noise (normal) and once the engine reached full temp it got so hot, i decided to park it again and just continue riding my '89 Hawk for commuting. 

12-1-17_069.thumb.JPG.c6a1ec936280c20fcd6b9708dd75a177.JPG

12-1-17_029.thumb.JPG.296d1d967df10d79c42673ce92684eed.JPG

• Member Contributer

Cleaned, oiled and adjusted the chain. Removed the front sprocket cover and cleaned away all the built up oil and gunk. Not very exciting but very satisfying. Day off tomorrow so a ride is in order.

• Member Contributer

cleaned the bugs of my VTR, but that doesnae count here eh? :goofy: 

• Member Contributer

Looked under the cover.  Saw a very flaky OEM exhaust collector box.  The rear clamp had rusted through and sprung open.  Removed the remaining pieces by hand.  Shook head.  Put cover back...  :sad:

(Fortunately, I have a spare Predator/Motad header and an Enutniats high-level slip-on for the bike, which will now be installed chop chop so I can get the bike MOT'd next weekish.)

Ciao,

Last Sunday actually but I only got the picture off the website today. About a 60-mile ride with around a thousand other bikes raising money for my local helicopter air ambulance (Essex and Herts.) This is me arriving at the end of the ride, North Weald airfield in Essex where another thousand bikes were already waiting. Good day out.

EHAAT ride 21-05-18_3 arriving North Weald.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Gave her a bath and fitted ASV levers. They feel nice and look good IMO. I’m sure I’ve gained at least five horsepower too! Off for a spin in the mountains now. 

696D970D-F086-4CB2-83DA-B2F9FD94972A.jpeg

886EA59C-783A-4D7B-84DF-9624991ED1FE.jpeg

2D5D8612-4639-4D65-90C3-71EE40C14AC0.jpeg

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

I noticed this the other night...

image.png.0e7452bef00f12d41fdda38d49d0f22c.png

And without the cap nut on there, this is what happens:

'I ordered a few cap nuts.  😉  Oughta' be in my mailbox tomorrow.

Judging by how far out that was, it must've been like that for a week.  Oooops.

• 3 weeks later...