What did you do to your VFR Today?

weee06

Ordered a lithium ion battery to trim a little weight up high on the bike. Will post weight savings this weekend.

Will be ordering a new back wheel soon as well, sticking with stock as I haven't been able to locate and aftermarket lighter options.

Cheers!

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, mountainslide said:

Ordered a lithium ion battery to trim a little weight up high on the bike. Will post weight savings this weekend.

Will be ordering a new back wheel soon as well, sticking with stock as I haven't been able to locate and aftermarket lighter options.

Cheers!

Dymag carbon wheels £2150+

• Member Contributer
8 minutes ago, boOZZIE said:

I've had my SSB li for 4/5 years now with no probs. Starts like a champ in winter 0°c

When have you guys has negative C in daylight hours?  P

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, mountainslide said:

Emailed Dymag directly and they indicated no fitment options. Do you know otherwise?

Nope. I just googled "dymag honda vfr800" and it took me to a page with all details and options 

https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Honda_VFR800F_VTEC_2002-2010_Dymag_CA5_Carbon_Fibre_Motorcycle_Wheels.html

Ahhhh so sorry u r 8g

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, fink said:

When have you guys has negative C in daylight hours?  P

-1/-2 at about 6am on my way to work other than that I'd have to go to the mountains 

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

-1/-2 at about 6am on my way to work other than that I'd have to go to the mountains 

Would have been nice to have that the other day at lunchtime. BRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Member Contributer
On 2/6/2018 at 6:29 PM, fink said:

Have heard various stories, research regarding battery failures. 

Your Mileage May Vary.

If in cold weather, I've heard incidents of folks freaking out when their engines failed to crank, but not understanding that the batteries need to warm up first and that you warm up the battery by leaning on the starter button for several seconds.

• Member Contributer
On 2/3/2018 at 12:19 AM, Duc2V4 said:

Wow! You’re really upset by this aren’t you? All I’m saying is that the title was leading members to post what they were doing with their VFR, regardless of it was an 8 Gen or not. My point was, if the title was more specific, I don’t think it would have lead members to post their non 8 Gen pics, me included, as the category is something that is less noticed than the title. I wasn’t actually saying to change it, I was joking.

The main reason for the categories is for technical questions, things that are usually specific to a generation, i.e. VTEC motor specific questions, like cam chains and VTEC valve inspections. Things that are not relevant or specific to a generation or “generic” as this title appears to be, leaves the door open to members posting something there.

What would be absurd, is if there was a ‘What did you do to your VFR today?’ thread for each generation. For one, I’m sure the server won’t let you create a thread title with the same name, the other would be utter confusion. Maybe moving this thread to a more general category would make this apparent issue go away.

I made this post so that all VFR people can talk about what they did that day to their bike. Anytime you head out to your garage and turn a wrench you want to tell someone who cares about it. And when people listen people learn and can help out if needed. It happens to be in Gen 8 because that’s what I own. 

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, weee06 said:

I made this post so that all VFR people can talk about what they did that day to their bike. Anytime you head out to your garage and turn a wrench you want to tell someone who cares about it. And when people listen people learn and can help out if needed. It happens to be in Gen 8 because that’s what I own. 

That was my assumption but someone here felt it was meant for 8 gens because it was in the 8 gen section. I was just pointing out that titles seen on the main page are what members look at, not necessarily the section it was posted in and usually the member has already started posting or has already posted, when they notice that. It's happened countless times.

What I was trying to convey, is that if a thread was really meant for a particular generation, it's usually for a technical question regarding that generation. Titles that are "generic", like yours, can be anywhere and if they are within a certain generation, the post may not actually be specific to that generation. So thank you for helping me point this out. It's a great thread topic and one that SHOULD be shared among all VFR generation owners, regardless of if its in the 8 Gen section.

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

I've been a VFR forum participant long enough to see this particular scenario play out more than once.  Model-specific sub forums are great for sharing model-specific information and problems, but they also facilitate the formation of little cliques (especially regarding the "latest" generation, for some reason).  That's life!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Broke the ice off the shed lock and spent 2 hours cleaning the chain

I was going to wash it but the bucket was frozen to the floor

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Hi. Recently purchased a 2017 VFR800 from an auction with the front end smashed in.....and off for many parts. Rebuilding it. Can anyone tell me what this turn handle at the end of the steering stem is for? Thanks

20180210_123102.jpg

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, Mozza said:

Hi. Recently purchased a 2017 VFR800 from an auction with the front end smashed in.....and off for many parts. Rebuilding it. Can anyone tell me what this turn handle at the end of the steering stem is for? Thanks

20180210_123102.jpg

That’s a RAM mount, which is used to mount accessories to, using their attachments. 

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Mozza said:

Hi Mozza

Hope you got BOTH of the ignition keys. You have the HISS - Honda Ignition Security System. Suggest if you only got one key you imeadiately purchase and program a spare key. If you lose your one and only key OR the internal transponder chip fails, you'll be up for a new ECM with matching keys. 

I also have that exact same Ram Ball mount, to which I have attached a Garmin GPS mount. You will find the ball mount will require continual tightening, bit by bit over many months before it finally settles in and stops moving around. Good Luck with the rebuild.

Cheers.

image.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Them steering stem ram mount suk. As they will rotate. Why wait and be annoyed for months. Use the tank bolts instead...

P1170006.thumb.jpg.28abcfadfb4f5c40f17ab1821634e4ce.jpg.ea363fd7fb4660e9153bcfb86ed55a24.jpg

IMAG6499.thumb.jpg.e13a375e7ee70976c18a976a3dc4dc18.jpg.0dffc6c417700feb9afb4dae861ff363.jpg

• Member Contributer
Them steering stem ram mount suk. As they will rotate. Why wait and be annoyed for months. Use the tank bolts instead...

P1170006.thumb.jpg.28abcfadfb4f5c40f17ab1821634e4ce.jpg.ea363fd7fb4660e9153bcfb86ed55a24.jpg

IMAG6499.thumb.jpg.e13a375e7ee70976c18a976a3dc4dc18.jpg.0dffc6c417700feb9afb4dae861ff363.jpg

Hey Leon, I bet the ram mount I sent you would fit in the stem of that vtr, then no rotation problems

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk