What did you do to your VFR Today?

weee06

5 minutes ago, Samuelx said:

Hey VFRunner, from an artistic standpoint, I think your lights look cool - you might eat a ticket though...  

I installed a switch to turn on and off .  The daytime running lights come on once I turn off the halos witch there is no colour only white .    If I see a cop lights go off lol   

• Member Contributer

Rode another 102 mile commute, some of it in freezing rain, with absolutely no issues whatsoever.  :beer:

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, RVFR said:

I installed a new RR, SH847 from Jack @ Roadster cycle,  talk about a top notch guy and product. . 

DSC02396.JPG

At the risk of seeming pedantic, I thought this was a thread about 8th gen bikes.

Anyway, are those marine grade crimps I see on the alternator input wires?

• Member Contributer
45 minutes ago, Rectaltronics said:

At the risk of seeming pedantic, I thought this was a thread about 8th gen bikes.

Anyway, are those marine grade crimps I see on the alternator input wires?

I think the title of the thread appears at a higher level than in what category the thread was posted in...the genie is out of the bottle now though.

Rode another 102 mile commute, some of it in freezing rain, with absolutely no issues whatsoever. 
What equipment do you wear, including boots, gloves and helmet? Any other accessories? Heated components beyond grips? If so, Where do you plug them in?

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Rectaltronics said:

Seems straightforward to me...

image.png.5c0cc1167b35f9f92d0491c461716c8d.png

What I mean is,  members treat the title as being at a higher level than the category...change the title to ‘What did you do to your 8 Gen VFR today?’ and problem solved.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Auspanglish said:

You need to powdercoat the chassis, forks , footrest assemblies and Sebspeed clutch window bits in the same gold as the rims to really set it off!!

40e0a33ae2fa7cea83c3e3d319aa5b97.jpg

But, these are the spare wheels!

58 minutes ago, VFRUNNER said:

Dam shows are some nice love handles. Are they carbon fiber ? 

Thanks...fake carbon fiber, these faux panels are interchangeable for other colors. Wanted the Honda bags but this whole system was <$700, to good to pass up and after all they are just a tool for long distance travel.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Rectaltronics said:

Seems straightforward to me...

image.png.5c0cc1167b35f9f92d0491c461716c8d.png

So you're excluding me cos I have high bars? :sad: :wink:

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Auspanglish said:
12 hours ago, Skids said:
Rode another 102 mile commute, some of it in freezing rain, with absolutely no issues whatsoever.  emoji481.png

What equipment do you wear, including boots, gloves and helmet? Any other accessories? Heated components beyond grips? If so, Where do you plug them in?

I thought I was up early this morning! Yikes!

I wear a Rukka Armax suit, thermal liner in the trousers. Altberg Roadrunner boots with New Zealand Merino Wool socks, Richa Cold Protect GTX gloves, Keis heated fleece, Merino Wool & Under Armour base layer, OEM heated grips (crap), Barkbuster BBZ handguards. Keis heated jacket is plugged via a lead to the OEM accessory socket under the seat.

I'm a Capricorn with a sunny outlook, my most inspirational person was my Dad, and I most wish for World Peace.

Anything else? :goofy:

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Skids said:

I'm a Capricorn with a sunny outlook, my most inspirational person was my Dad, and I most wish for World Peace.

Anything else? :goofy:

Show us yer tits hen!!!!  :goofy:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

What I mean is,  members treat the title as being at a higher level than the category...change the title to ‘What did you do to your 8 Gen VFR today?’ and problem solved.

Seriously, that's absurd.  Why bother having any organization of discussions on this system in the first place?

I guess I can start putting all my 8th gen pictures and questions in the 3rd and 4th gen area as long as I include the text "4th gen" in the title??

EDIT:  This area seems to be a more appropriate place for a catch-all VFR thread.

• Forum CEO
On 2/1/2018 at 6:38 AM, BlueTraveler said:

SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection QUICK-LOCK EVO City Non-Electric Tank Bag

SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Slipstream Tail Bag

Both bags fit like they were made for the bike! I used bulk elastic shockcord to fasten the tail bag to the seat (available from REI in the US). Here's a recent picture of them in the wild...

hennE8.jpg

Oh  Like that picture put it in the vfrd gallery so I can feature it on the homepage

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HispanicSlammer said:

Oh  Like that picture put it in the vfrd gallery so I can feature it on the homepage

Sweet setup!  Beautiful riding in your area.  I lived and taught school in Manitou Springs for 5 yrs--miss it every day, especially the riding.

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Rectaltronics said:

Seriously, that's absurd.  Why bother having any organization of discussions on this system in the first place?

I guess I can start putting all my 8th gen pictures and questions in the 3rd and 4th gen area as long as I include the text "4th gen" in the title??

EDIT:  This area seems to be a more appropriate place for a catch-all VFR thread.

Wow! You’re really upset by this aren’t you? All I’m saying is that the title was leading members to post what they were doing with their VFR, regardless of it was an 8 Gen or not. My point was, if the title was more specific, I don’t think it would have lead members to post their non 8 Gen pics, me included, as the category is something that is less noticed than the title. I wasn’t actually saying to change it, I was joking.

The main reason for the categories is for technical questions, things that are usually specific to a generation, i.e. VTEC motor specific questions, like cam chains and VTEC valve inspections. Things that are not relevant or specific to a generation or “generic” as this title appears to be, leaves the door open to members posting something there.

What would be absurd, is if there was a ‘What did you do to your VFR today?’ thread for each generation. For one, I’m sure the server won’t let you create a thread title with the same name, the other would be utter confusion. Maybe moving this thread to a more general category would make this apparent issue go away.