What did you do to your VFR Today?

weee06

• Member Contributer

Maybe Honda's engineers designed an additional cooling line to the altenator. But the beancounters put a stop to it; albeit too late for the already produced covers..... :-)

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:30 AM, jhenley17 said:

Does it make a little bit of noise or is it quiet as an Akra or Arrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't heard the Arrow or Apra on a VFR. I did last week with the DB Killer in and it was very nice and probably loud enough. But, this week the DB Killer came out and it is awesome, it wont be going back in. Its loud but not overly and the rumble when down shifting is fantastic.

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, Zeta said:

Added SHAD bags.  Pretty sure they are wider than stock but they were less $ than stock and will serve their purpose--I hope.

IMG_2676.JPG

What are the attachment frame rails like?

On 15/01/2018 at 8:32 AM, Auspanglish said:

Maybe it holds the metal tab that helps pin the cables to the cover. Used to be on the inside but maybe no room in there now with the new set up.

We have an X-file folks!

It's not a left-over from the 6th gen having the coolant bottle right there, is it?

Edit; Just looked up the parts fiche for a 6th gen 2005 like wot I used to have, and the bolt isn't there...

• Member Contributer

Well I took my 6 Gen to go have lunch with my business partner, not meaning to rub it in but good god! It's fricken 80F here in So Cal, it's supposed to be winter! Yesterday two record highs were broken in LA proper.

• Member Contributer

Hmm winter in UK, dark and potholed country lanes so time to upgrade the lighting.

Built these from some 50mm spotlights and some old/redundant indicator units.  Not wired in yet discovered I need to remove the whole top fairing for that.

I'll report back when I have finished, painted, properly installed and wired them in.

IMG_20180128_173354.jpg

I lifted both wheels off the ground using my new Abba Superbike Stand (and the optional front wheel lift).  $275 including shipping from England. Arrived in 6 business days.

I bought it because I had a very close call with my Pit bull rear-wheel paddock stand. My bike was on the rear pit bull stand only. While I was reinstalling the radiator guard (lying on my garage floor), I turned the front wheel to get a better look at one of the screws…AND THE BIKE STARTED TO TIP OVER! I’ve never been able to bench press more than 180lbs, so I would have been in serious trouble if I hadn’t started pushing back before it went past the point of no return.

I’ll still use my rear pit bull stand, but I’ll use the front stand at the same time.

The big advantage of the Abba stand is that it unloads the rear shock and allows the fork to move freely as well…great for working on the shock or forks.

xO4Bed.jpg

uA6LEw.jpg

IDMR0E.jpg

CEVpEf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlueTraveler said:

IxO4Bed.jpg

What brand and size is your Tail bag looks very neat and the perfect size. I notice you must also have a Tank bag as it looks like a fuel cap locking ring is fitted?

So glad in OZ they all have the Cntr stand as standard.

• Member Contributer

I did a double whammy. I used the Pit Bull 'Tire Wedge' accessory I got for Christmas with my front stand, when I swapped out the current wheels that have the Michelins on them with the spare wheels that have the Pirelli Super Corsas on them. The Pirellis were originally destined for the Duc but decided to put them on the spare VFR wheels so I can try them with either VFR and I took the Bridgestone S21s that were on the 01 VFR on the Duc. Seemed like a fair swap.

IMG_3872.thumb.JPG.5e29e8123c144b86fd73f012dc5c01b4.JPG

IMG_3873.thumb.JPG.93148ad8b3e214f3a112dac34f0fc237.JPG

IMG_3874.thumb.JPG.6f3bf1dff3fa25991e336a90f5526f3a.JPG

• Member Contributer

That my friend, looks shit....   

Sorry, but it is truly abysmal imho..  Wanna look like a police/firefighter vehicle?

Note that I had negative comments on my christmas trees as well and I couldn't care less :goofy:

5a730f12db5b5_10(2).thumb.jpg.335d36005f3a4784d259810b4013fee9.jpg

IMG_0740.thumb.jpg.1ca6f737588b20faa76146aa59751c7a.jpg

H7.thumb.jpg.0a16f2258690b3f8f3d2e2b0c540c862.jpg

12 hours ago, PetePower said:

What brand and size is your Tail bag looks very neat and the perfect size. I notice you must also have a Tank bag as it looks like a fuel cap locking ring is fitted?

So glad in OZ they all have the Cntr stand as standard.

SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection QUICK-LOCK EVO City Non-Electric Tank Bag

SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Slipstream Tail Bag

Both bags fit like they were made for the bike! I used bulk elastic shockcord to fasten the tail bag to the seat (available from REI in the US). Here's a recent picture of them in the wild...

hennE8.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

That my friend, looks shit....   

Sorry, but it is truly abysmal imho..  Wanna look like a police/firefighter vehicle?

Note that I had negative comments on my christmas trees as well and I couldn't care less :goofy:

5a730f12db5b5_10(2).thumb.jpg.335d36005f3a4784d259810b4013fee9.jpg

IMG_0740.thumb.jpg.1ca6f737588b20faa76146aa59751c7a.jpg

H7.thumb.jpg.0a16f2258690b3f8f3d2e2b0c540c862.jpg

I appreciate your honesty opinion.