VFR 800 F weight reduction

Kwee69

12 hours ago, Mohawk said:

What's the other part ?

It keeps the can short, but makes the pipe longer for more top end. It's off my MT09.

On the 09, the loop the loop takes replaces the cat converter. Adds length to the pipe for more top end. The loop also helps keep the sound down a bit - even though it's unbaffled, its not that offensive. 

3 minutes ago, keef said:

It keeps the can short, but makes the pipe longer for more top end. It's off my MT09.

On the 09, the loop the loop takes replaces the cat converter. Adds length to the pipe for more top end. The loop also helps keep the sound down a bit - even though it's unbaffled, its not that offensive. 

That's exactly why i've took the 350 mm instead of 200 mm can. More torque, less sound without the baffle.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an FYI for the US owners, all 2014 + Interceptors are CARB /50 state legal,they have a little sticker under the rear seat stating this. Also the 2010 - 2013 VFR 1200 are CARB/50 state bikes.....this is important if you live in CA and buy a new or slightly used bike out of state and then try to register it here in CA. If it is not CARB legal you cannot register it here until it has 7500 + miles on it. This is also noted in the Honda Powersports  web page in the bottom under specifications for each bike that they sell here.

I think these two models are the only ones that came 50 state legal, another good thing about about the Interceptor! The point of all this is that all 2014+ bikes have the evaporator canister/smog equipment from the factory, as there is no "CA model".

52 minutes ago, gray said:

Just an FYI for the US owners, all 2014 + Interceptors are CARB /50 state legal,they have a little sticker under the rear seat stating this. Also the 2010 - 2013 VFR 1200 are CARB/50 state bikes.....this is important if you live in CA and buy a new or slightly used bike out of state and then try to register it here in CA. If it is not CARB legal you cannot register it here until it has 7500 + miles on it. This is also noted in the Honda Powersports  web page in the bottom under specifications for each bike that they sell here.

I think these two models are the only ones that came 50 state legal, another good thing about about the Interceptor! The point of all this is that all 2014+ bikes have the evaporator canister/smog equipment from the factory, as there is no "CA model".

Okay i didn't know that. (Live in France btw). As far i understand it's harder to make a street legal motorcycle in USA compared to Europe.

• Member Contributer
59 minutes ago, Kwee69 said:

Okay i didn't know that. (Live in France btw). As far i understand it's harder to make a street legal motorcycle in USA compared to Europe.

LOL, in the USA almost anything flies, except in Kaliforna..... Most states don't even have inspections for licensing/registration on bikes or cars.... We have lots of complete piece of shit unsafe customs rolling around.......

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, slo1 said:

LOL, in the USA almost anything flies, except in Kaliforna..... Most states don't even have inspections for licensing/registration on bikes or cars.... We have lots of complete piece of shit unsafe customs rolling around.......

It should be noted that just because yearly inspections are no longer mandatory in a state, does not mean that vehicles are not required to be maintained by the owner at all times according to their state's laws and regulations governing the conditions of basic safety equipment such as lights, horns, tires, brakes, etc.

States that allow crap heaps on their roads do so not because they don't require periodic inspections but because the police fail to enforce the laws.

In New York, we have periodic inspections and we have the police ticketing and towing away those "shit unsafe customs" and more.

Your mileage may vary.

• Member Contributer
On 2/2/2018 at 3:03 PM, Rectaltronics said:

In New York, we have periodic inspections and we have the police ticketing and towing away those "shit unsafe customs" and more.

LOL, out west it's the "Wild West", ATV's are legal to drive to work, Dirt bikes can ride from the trail to the gas station, and Idaho even has/had a  mc license for 14yr olds.....

YRMV ;) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, 4corsa said:

So what's the weight reduction?emoji16.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Actually i just swap the battery with the lithium one(the one who was in the VFR). I'm looking for a exhaust.

So the H2 SX loose about 2 kg but i gain about 100 horsepower. 😂

• Member Contributer

Awesome bike Kwee!  According to Kawi's USA website it weighs 573.3 pounds wet, roughly 50 pounds more than the 8th gen VFR, but you have plenty of extra power to make up for it!  If you get a chance, please post a new thread giving us your thoughts on the new bike as it compares to your old VFR, pros and cons, etc, thanks.

https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2018-Ninja-H2SX-SE?cm_re=GLOBALNAV-_-TERTIARYNAV-_-2018NINJAH2SXSEIMAGE

Archived