Exhaust

weee06

Update to the Werkes Exhaust WOW. high way speeds sounds like stock not loud. but at idle Beautiful Deep Clear take offs sound sweet. Love this Mod.  (I'm going to swap back to Stock and do a record before and after.  (So amazed) Its about $200 more than Coffman but love the look and sound I feel I got a good deal. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/6/2019 at 2:16 PM, ohwhell said:

I have the Deluxe and the Center stand stopper need to be fabricated on this muffler (Now I hate you center stand)LOL

The stock stopper looks like it's made for it if you want to reuse the whole bracket

IMG_20181027_192449.jpg

IMG_20181027_193050.jpg

• 6 months later...

Good morning. I have bought 2016 Vfr. Before I owned 2009 vfr vtec :-). And in older bike sound on external muffers was really good. And single swing arm was exposed. But in New vfr this is so quiet and not good looking. Any suggestions what will be looking and sound good? Also important is to expose as much as possible swing arm. And fix with OEM side bags. Thanks in advance. 

51A08FD8-26DF-478F-A968-4777BE4B5D4A.jpeg

• Member Contributer
37 minutes ago, reddccrew said:

Good morning. I have bought 2016 Vfr. Before I owned 2009 vfr vtec :-). And in older bike sound on external muffers was really good. And single swing arm was exposed. But in New vfr this is so quiet and not good looking. Any suggestions what will be looking and sound good? Also important is to expose as much as possible swing arm. And fix with OEM side bags. Thanks in advance. 

Welcome reddccrew. Great pair of bikes, always loved the 6gen in the Black, very nice. There are many small pipe options for the 8gen and yes you do need to be sure that whatever you fit does Not interfere with the pannier. Check through this and many other 8gen threads to see exhaust options.

Personally I have the IXIL and very happy with it, it also works fine with the OEM panniers which I have, you also have the option of fitting one or two or none of the noise reducers in the pipes.

My thoughts are that you won't get a deep rumble sound like the 6th gen because of the shorter pipe length of the 8gen, especially if you looking for the shortest pipe for your 8gen to show off the wheel. It's a bit like the Pipe Organ effect, the deeper base notes are from the longer pipes.

Good Luck and hope you enjoy the new 8gen, they are a fabulous bike.

Cheers:beer:

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Grum said:

Welcome reddccrew. Great pair of bikes, always loved the 6gen in the Black, very nice. There are many small pipe options for the 8gen and yes you do need to be sure that whatever you fit does Not interfere with the pannier. Check through this and many other 8gen threads to see exhaust options.

Personally I have the IXIL and very happy with it, it also works fine with the OEM panniers which I have, you also have the option of fitting one or two or none of the noise reducers in the pipes.

My thoughts are that you won't get a deep rumble sound like the 6th gen because of the shorter pipe length of the 8gen, especially if you looking for the shortest pipe for your 8gen to show off the wheel. It's a bit like the Pipe Organ effect, the deeper base notes are from the longer pipes.

Good Luck and hope you enjoy the new 8gen, they are a fabulous bike.

Cheers:beer:

image.jpeg

This change a little bit games rules. So even with really good exhaust sound will be worst than in 6 gen? This is disappointing me. 

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, reddccrew said:

This change a little bit games rules. So even with really good exhaust sound will be worst than in 6 gen? This is disappointing me. 

What I was saying is that it's unlikely you'll get a deep and throaty sound from a short pipe on an 8gen as compared to the longer length pipe on a 6gen. That's not saying that the sound will be worse on an 8gen, just different, I love the sound from my IXIL on the 8gen, it's just not as deep as the sound I had on my 6gen with Delkevic pipes.

Aftermarkets for the 8gen are generally much lighter, look better and sound nicer, so why not go for an aftermarket pipe? The only time my bike will have its original pipe back on is possibly when I sell it!

• Member Contributer

Disappointed that you cannot change physics? :unsure:

If you want a full length muffler, higher up AND be able to fit pannier, one has to get creative.... Get saw and welder

9.thumb.jpg.41f3d4876a309487c6049bf22876e44b.jpg

Since your new bags "hook" into the rear subframe, you probalbly need to find a way to move the holes "out".

If there is a will there will be a way.... :tongue:

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, reddccrew said:

There is still some performance headers remaining for the 8g which will improve things. 

If you are interested pm sfdownhill or head over here 

https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/88463-new-5th6th8th-gen-performance-header-now-in-production-in-usa/&do=findComment&comment=1103662

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
44 minutes ago, reddccrew said:

Hi once again, quick question is muffler the same in 800F an 800x crossrunner? I want to buy this https://www.hpcorse.com/en/silencer-hydroform-satin-honda-crossrunner-rev0

But I don't know it will fit in 800f or not? Any idea?

I would want to be sure the Center Stand worked properly. Without the rubber stopper for the Center Stand it will come up higher interfering with the chain. Have you contacted the company for advice?

• 2 months later...

Center stand doesn't work properly with this muffler. But sound of this hp corsa is crazy. I have friend and he is a guy born with muffler in hands 😉 he will make new pipe for it. But if you're bike doesn't have center stand it fit perfectly. 

3F1585B8-0C84-4A2A-9CF9-02F83F91A5EB.jpeg

4C4AE11A-E10F-4E36-8EE9-E13D5F3BA412.jpeg

7E3CB0E4-F009-4532-BE2C-5E667F232C6E.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 2/17/2020 at 9:56 PM, reddccrew said:

Hi once again, quick question is muffler the same in 800F an 800x crossrunner? I want to buy this https://www.hpcorse.com/en/silencer-hydroform-satin-honda-crossrunner-rev0

But I don't know it will fit in 800f or not? Any idea?

Sorry, just seen this post. 

The muffler in the link is for a 2011-2014 model Crossrunner, which is equivalent to the 6th Gen VFR800, not the 8th Gen VFR800F.

Perhaps that's why it doesn't accommodate the centre stand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 7:23 PM, reddccrew said:

Hi. My friend have changed pipe from muffler to this big box below motorcycle. I don't know how this is called in English. 

Thanks. Would love to see a video and hear the sound of this.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Thought I'd toss VFRD member Samuelx's pipes into this mix. Of course, it's not fair to bring a dyno-tuned full header system to a slipon comparison thread...just like it's not fair to bring a gun to a knife fight:

309342585_8genhiDon4.thumb.JPG.e934170e1a932718dc3b4b7d7cee23fe.JPG

1217393216_8genhiDon2.thumb.JPG.071b9ac9a92413e1bb77565ef1d12854.JPG

550656579_8genhiDon3.thumb.JPG.bff55126bcca71a52f6bdcdd2b495bff.JPG

411443317_8genhiDon5.thumb.JPG.9feda282999e6242b053b2ac233ed969.JPG

• Member Contributer

My apologies for multiple posting this message, but wanted to get this out to guys who may be getting notifications for this thread but are not watching the activity stream. Seems pertinent to this discussion.

LAST CHANCE FOR HEADERS

Just putting out the final announcement that the latest production run of headers has started. It consists of both types of headers: 5/6 gen for side radiators, and 8 gen for front radiator.

If anyone has been thinking about a set of these pipes, sitting on the fence, waiting for a sign, etc, then this might be the time to order a set. The fabricator's minimum order is 15 units, and this last order took us almost a year to gather, so we don't know when we'll be able to assemble the necessary 15 orders again. Could be quite a while.

The headers are here:

The dyno charts are here:

1291690393_Attack8gencomparison042419.thumb.jpg.64d232208728c6ed56ec0a0417a0951a.jpg

264467137_Attack8genmidrange042419.thumb.jpg.aeb8d24a3a3c177c639cd9e9fa5c6c3b.jpg

Archived