Exhaust

weee06

• Member Contributer

I've never been a huge fan of Simple Green.  Very tough on finishes, doesn't cut the mess as much as I think it should, and don't much care for the smell.  But it does help get the pigeon s*** off our balcony.

WD-40 - kinda' forgot about that stuff - maybe I'll give that a try, and then use the car wash concentrate to get the leftover WD-40 off the wheel.  I just hate having anything resembling lube (not gonna start a "what is WD-40" war here) getting on or near my tire treads.

Which reminds me, mostly unrelated story, some years ago my back was out so I got our garage attendant to wash the bike for me.  He was super-proud of the job he did.  He even sprayed Armor All on my tires.  f************k... 

LOL

Have fun everyone and thanks for the ideas.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, half false... but I stand corrected and retract (half of) my statement. I admit my affirmation is flawed.

I had an experiment in mind and mistook gasoline for WD40.

In rectification, WD40 and kerosene appear to be harmless.

This is the experiment I had in mind:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/chain-o-ring-wd-40-exposure-effects-study-and-results.345397/

My apologies... I shall humbly proceed to edit my earlier post...

Wasn't trying to be harsh, just a correction. I find a shop rag sprayed with WD-40 works great on the wheels for removing most road and chain splatter. Also seems to leave an invisible film that makes it easier to get the junk off next time. Have to admit, never used it to clean a chain.

• Member Contributer

I use it to clean my hands after working on the bike when one of my latex gloves splits.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, VideoGuy said:

Wasn't trying to be harsh, just a correction. I find a shop rag sprayed with WD-40 works great on the wheels for removing most road and chain splatter. Also seems to leave an invisible film that makes it easier to get the junk off next time. Have to admit, never used it to clean a chain.

Also great for getting rid of those sunbaked on bugs, tar spots, in fact almost everything.  Spray on and leave for 10 mins. Been using it for years.

No, no, by all means... I didn't take it as harsh. There was no emotional content or derogatory commentary, it was concise and precise, a good call. What matters is that the data recorded here is accurate. 

Interestingly enough some products or substances will remove a lot of baked on grease and grime, especially on the wheels and the chain, much better than others as there is a chemical phenomenon wherein like dissolves like, that is to say that substances of a similar nature will absorb, or assimilate, other substances of a similar nature much more easily and that's why it's so easy to clean things up on a motorcycle rim with WD-40 or kerosene or other petroleum-based products, even some furniture polishing sprays work really well because they must have a similar molecular structure and don't repel each other, but just using some water obviously gets you nowhere... So, lipids will dissolve easier in lipids and aqueous substances will merge with aqueous substances blah blah blah, some vitamins are hidrosoluble others are liposoluble.

Soap merely used to be saponified animal fat and this was good at cleaning our skin because we have sebaceous glands and the dirt and grime collects on our skin in a film of fatty grease, of our own adipose secretions... we've all heard the expression greasy skin.

So anyway I appreciate being called out actually.

Now back to your regular viewing, where you'll hear Miss Piggy say...

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 1:29 AM, Rollos said:

This thing breaths fire. Might be the loudest pipe out there. I'll have to post a video when I get time but I doubt it'll capture the sheer raucousness of this pipe. 

Hey Rollos, IMO thats gotta be the best can yet to show of the rear wheel!!! I'm keen on this one for my '17 800f, I'm in AU so I too have the centre stand, kudos for your mod for that! I would love to hear it if you've had a chance to record yet??

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2018 at 2:17 PM, Killerkingdon said:

I like the carbon tank protector - looks good!  and I will re-phrase, may not have pioneered, just left enough bread crumbs for me to follow.  Looks like the Delkavic has pretty large following in the states.  Here are a couple VTEC sounds - 🙂

https://youtu.be/YFIJl8GySV8

Jesus mate... 3 motorcycles and you shifting this baby like she's something guilty? 😁 😐😐😐🤔🤨

Don't do it,,, it hurts me really badly... And I really mean that. 

😂

1 hour ago, InterceptoRRC79 said:

Jesus mate... 3 motorcycles and you shifting this baby like she's something guilty? 😁 😐😐😐🤔🤨

Don't do it,,, it hurts me really badly... And I really mean that. 

😂

I didn't hear a mis-shift or any gears grinding don't see a problem. Sounds like you shift yours like its made of glass or chinesium its not. It is a finely made sports bike that is made to go fast and not babied. Give it the beans and have some fun.  🙂

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, thepretender said:

I didn't hear a mis-shift or any gears grinding don't see a problem. Sounds like you shift yours like its made of glass or chinesium its not. It is a finely made sports bike that is made to go fast and not babied. Give it the beans and have some fun.  🙂

That low rpm shifting hurt my soul.

After purchasing my VFR the hunt was on to find the right pipe. IMHO the stock VFR pipe sounds like a twin below 4000 rpm. After 4000 and all is good but quiet. I tried a Delkevic slip-on and that lasted about 30 minutes. Unfortunately, I thought the stock can sounded better. After hearing every sound clip I could find, I took a chance and picked up this CF pipe from Scorpion. The only sound clip I could find was on their web site with the bike on a dyno. They really don't claim much of a HP increase.

I really like this pipe. To my ears it sound great through the whole rev range. If you want loud this is probably not the pipe for you, but if you want something more refined. This is as good as it gets IMHO.

I tour on this bike so the pipe needed to fit with the oem hard bags. The bottom of the case touches the top of the pipe so I did have to make an adjustment to my case by removing a small spot welded part on the heat shield. I believe its just a small pad to keep the case level to the ground when it's off the bike. Everything fits perfectly now but that was almost a deal breaker.

This pipe comes with a baffle and I tried it both ways. It sounds good to me either way, If you like more volume just remove the baffle.

The fit and finish is exceptional and to me it looks like it belongs on the bike. 

exhaust.jpg

part to remove.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have a Scorpion Stainless can on my 4th gen and it sounds great with the decibel killer out bit I will refit it when it goes for it's next MOT, just waiting for the weather to get better before it comes out of it's winter hibernation

• 3 months later...
On 1/5/2018 at 7:27 PM, gray said:

Here is my 2015 Interceptor with the very last Competition Werkes slip on exhaust !!

Shortened the qoute

Just now, ohwhell said:

Werkes exhaust 2014 VFR800 (2)_LI.jpg

InkedStock muffler Center stand stopper_LI.jpg

I have the Deluxe and the Center stand stopper need to be fabricated on this muffler (Now I hate you center stand)LOL

Just got mine in.  Werkes USA. Bought mine stainless an added flat black.  Can't wait to see an hear differences.  I'll make a video an do my best to hear an see differences. 

IMG_20190607_150431.jpg

IMG_20190607_150536.jpg

I have the Deluxe and the Center stand stopper need to be fabricated on this muffler (Now I hate you center stand)LOL

Can’t you get a hose clamp and attach the rubber stopper?
Done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, duccmann said:

Can’t you get a hose clamp and attach the rubber stopper?
Done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never thought of that. Thx.  That's a better idea. 

• Member Contributer
On 6/7/2019 at 4:16 AM, ohwhell said:

I've been seriously thinking of buying one of these for my 5G.

Very keen to hear what you think of noise and note.

I run a Staintune without baffle at the moment, and my only worry with the CW is that it might be too loud.

Well it's been raining here the last few days, but, I got a chance to put the muffler on.  OMG I love the sound.  deep sound and not to loud just on the stand.  I have to go on the road to get a good sound idea.  I'm hoping for the best.  an have yet to use the rubber stopper on the stand. I have the perfect idea a 90 degree spark plug boot an clamp Per Duccmann (Thx).  was disappointed that for the price they could have included the muffler gasket insert.  (a little bit of a pain to get off new exhaust).

I did attach  to the stand Leg but I need a different rubber than spark plug boot it wants to melt an smoke 🤨. thinking of taking to weld shop and weld a small bracket for the round stopper

Archived