Exhaust

weee06

• Member Contributer
On 10/24/2018 at 12:47 AM, headshrink said:

Any noticeable gains or losses in practical every day riding?

Nope just sounds better than original, a bit lighter too.   There is an increase of bhp think it’s around5 bhp. Not that you would notice that in everyday riding. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/23/2018 at 9:50 PM, thtanner said:

I think personal enjoyment is probably the biggest factor, won't feel too different to a butt dyno.

3 hours ago, fink said:

Nope just sounds better than original, a bit lighter too.   There is an increase of bhp think it’s around5 bhp. Not that you would notice that in everyday riding. 

Thanks for your responses.  That's pretty much what I thought, but the claimed +5hp made me wonder if you could feel it.  5hp would have been huge on my smaller cc bikes (this is my first bigger bike).  I'm assuming the shape of the power curve would also be the same then too...  The dip at 7k when just over idle throttle input is really annoying, especially while at lean.

I'm trying to make a decision between a new seat and new exhaust, and neither have an easy or ideal solution for me on this bike.... Thinking I'll look closer at the seat first.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, headshrink said:

Thanks for your responses.  That's pretty much what I thought, but the claimed +5hp made me wonder if you could feel it.  5hp would have been huge on my smaller cc bikes (this is my first bigger bike).  I'm assuming the shape of the power curve would also be the same then too...  The dip at 7k when just over idle throttle input is really annoying, especially while at lean.

I'm trying to make a decision between a new seat and new exhaust, and neither have an easy or ideal solution for me on this bike.... Thinking I'll look closer at the seat first.

If we can believe the dyno chart posted at Delk’s website the dip at 7k (actually closer to 6,700-6,800) is significantly smoothed out by their mini carbon exhaust (see below).  I don’t notice any dip when riding.  The Delk mini carbon exhaust also adds 2.96 hp at the wheel and cuts just over 7 pounds.  It’s a noticeable improvement IMO but YMMV.  See first page of this thread for some of my sound clip vids - it’s extremely loud without the baffle.

product5147_27b.jpg

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, VFROZ said:

Hmmm, according to that dyno, the 8G tops out at just over 190kmh.

What a shitbox.

I’m guessing they were in 4th gear???  I’ve had mine over 130 mph / 209 kmh (I was in Mexico of course 😀 ) and I think I remember seeing a major mag review test it up to 138 or 139 mph.  I personally don’t need to go any faster than that but if I did my Camaro has a governed top speed of 155 mph (from what I’ve been told - LOL)

• Member Contributer

I was referring to the fact that the dyno chart may be bogus.

If it was 4th or 5th, it would show more HP.

I'm sure the 8G does more than 192kmh.

I ran out of puff at 245kmh on my 5G at the Eastern Creek straight.

• Member Contributer
On 10/23/2018 at 4:47 PM, headshrink said:

Any noticeable gains or losses in practical every day riding?

It looks cool and sounds cool and my friends compliment me.

My butt-dyno didn't report a change though.

I gotta say I love my Arrow (titanium/carbon). The sound is awesome, fit and finish is amazing. Install was a snap. Would not hesitate to recommend or buy another myself.

• Member Contributer

Brief tangent - forgive me - but with so many of these pics showing what appear to be incredibly clean wheels I have to ask what you folks are using to get them so clean.

I ride in NYC so the battle against filth is epic.  In addition to the brake dust and chain fling I have to deal with home heating oil particulates, construction dust, dog pee and only God knows what else.  It comes off the bodywork and frame easily enough (Costco bottle of Meguiars car wash) but I can't seem to get the wheels back to their showroom sheen.

• Member Contributer
3 minutes ago, Rectaltronics said:

Brief tangent - forgive me - but with so many of these pics showing what appear to be incredibly clean wheels I have to ask what you folks are using to get them so clean.

I ride in NYC so the battle against filth is epic.  In addition to the brake dust and chain fling I have to deal with home heating oil particulates, construction dust, dog pee and only God knows what else.  It comes off the bodywork and frame easily enough (Costco bottle of Meguiars car wash) but I can't seem to get the wheels back to their showroom sheen.

Just use a rag soaked in Kerosene, great for removing brake dust, dirt and dissolving road tar and chain lube.

Cheers

10 hours ago, Rectaltronics said:

Turns out finding kerosene in NYC can be a little tricky.  Next time I take a good road trip...  Thanks.

It's often disguised as "Liquid Paraffin"... often sold in garden sections or hardware stores as lamp oil, wick lantern fuel or fire starter... (read the contents as they do differ)

• Member Contributer

You can also buy low odour kerosene, same cleaning power but won’t stink your garage out.

• Member Contributer
On 31 October 2018 at 12:50 AM, headshrink said:

I use Simple Green & blue paper shop towels from Costco on my wheels.

How can paper towel remove stuck on road tar and chain lube? You really need something to dissolve that stuff.

Post edit... Ok so these paper towels have a degreaser fluid in them correct?

• Member Contributer
On 10/30/2018 at 11:44 AM, Auspanglish said:

It's often disguised as "Liquid Paraffin"... often sold in garden sections or hardware stores as lamp oil, wick lantern fuel or fire starter... (read the contents as they do differ)

Is that the case I the UK do you know? 

I usually use a WD40 soaked rag but kerosene may be better. 

Is that the case I the UK do you know? 

I usually use a WD40 soaked rag but kerosene may be better. 

Don't know for sure about the UK I'm afraid. It's a reasonable assumption.

What I do know is that kerosene won't harm the o-rings in chains. (Edited according to subsequent posts in order to avoid any misleading notions regarding WD40 and o-rings).

Archived