Exhaust

weee06

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Nice vid!  Thanks for the kudos but I most definitely did not pioneer this process :tongue:   Not sure who the official pioneer is but I would personally give that credit to Nelix who had posted some very helpful install tutorial threads on the forums back when I was installing mine.

On 1/4/2018 at 9:20 AM, FastM said:

I have a GPR exhaust.  Fits with OEM hard bags.

i have a GPR powercross and that did NOT fit with the OEM bags; had to make my own little lowering link for the footpeg connection but after that it was great. So i guess some GPRs work and some do not

I like the carbon tank protector - looks good!  and I will re-phrase, may not have pioneered, just left enough bread crumbs for me to follow.  Looks like the Delkavic has pretty large following in the states.  Here are a couple VTEC sounds - :)

https://youtu.be/YFIJl8GySV8

• Member Contributer
On 1/5/2018 at 6:27 PM, gray said:

Here is my new 2014 Interceptor with the very first Competition Werkes slip on exhaust !!!!!!

IMG_0406.JPG

Man, that looks awesome! I’d love to have an 8th Gen just to have that muffler. 

• 1 month later...

The gen 8 Interceptor is a different model, I don't  know why its not on their site yet but mine was the first/prototype one they made. I would call them if you're interested .

• 2 weeks later...

Not my video but based off of looks alone I am going with the Coffman. It is what the bike should have had stock as far as the looks go.

I've got a question on these. I'm looking at the coffman. But I have a deluxe model with the centerstand. Do you guys run into any issues with not having the rubber  bushing the centerstand rest against when up?

On 2018-03-29 at 1:42 AM, Robborboy said:

I've got a question on these. I'm looking at the coffman. But I have a deluxe model with the centerstand. Do you guys run into any issues with not having the rubber  bushing the centerstand rest against when up?

If the aftermarket exhaust doesn’t come with one, they typically have you repurpose the oem one from the stock exhaust... at least that’s what I had to do with my Akra.

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2018 at 2:37 PM, gray said:

The gen 8 Interceptor is a different model, I don't  know why its not on their site yet but mine was the first/prototype one they made. I would call them if you're interested .

Hey Gray, any updates you’d be willing to share? The quote I got over the phone was in the ballpark of a few other setups I’m looking at. Thanks!

edit: ended up getting an Arrow for a substantial discount. I really like the Competition Werkes, but price difference was large enough to guide my decision. Who knows, maybe I’ll circle back in the close future. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/6/2018 at 8:17 AM, gray said:

Hi guys      I talked to Shawn @Competion Werkes last night and he said the exhaust would be on their web site next week with the price of around $439.

GatorGreg... I took off the rear pegs for looks and weight savings ONLY and speaking of weight savings, this is 3.5 lbs vs 10.5 lbs for that chrome OEM BEAST OF A MUFFLER!

After I get the bike /engine properly broken in I will try to put something on youtube for you guys, but if you look on youtube now there is a vid of a VFR 1200 with a Werkes exhaust... but only at idle. The DB killer makes it very Neighborhood friendly IMO. 

This exhaust reminds me of the time that I took a new stock NSX to a cars and coffee right after I got it, and as I was leaving some really old guy with a '55 Chevy says... OH nice car...  but its TOO QUIET ! and I thought he's right and went out and got a great cat back system to spice up the looks and hear that wonderful engine that Honda had put in there.  This is the same thing with the INTERCEPTOR.... a lot more fun to ride now that its looks and sounds a lot sportier. 

Are you still running the CW pipe? I'd love to hear more about it. I'm between getting it or the DAM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

This is the most KICK ASS exhaust I've seen. It's designed for the X model but here's a video of it fitted on an 8th Gen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 4:10 PM, Rollos said:

Competition werkes 8th gen exhaust is live on their site. No stopper for the centerstand. Anyone Fab one up?

I'm working to make the comp werkes pipe compatible with the deluxe. I've got a pipe coming in tomorrow and should have pics to share by the end of next week (big thanks to Oscar at Indian Larry customs). I'm passing the measurements back to competition werkes so everybody who wished this thing worked with a cs has a solution. 

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, headshrink said:

Any noticeable gains or losses in practical every day riding?

I think personal enjoyment is probably the biggest factor, won't feel too different to a butt dyno.

Archived