Exhaust

weee06

• Member Contributer

I am looking at replacing my exhaust. I do have the oem saddlebags, so I am wondering some options. I have looked them all up, got some ideas but  I am looking for photos more than anything. I would love to show that rear tire more. I think Coffman has the shortest and the cheapest, however two brothers looks good but it shows it two different ways, at an angle or up and straight out I am guessing for the hard bags. Any photos and suggestions would help. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the Arrow Race-Tech. I can confirm it fits with OEM bags. It is slightly smaller and shorter than original (and weighs about half). I love the sound with the baffle removed and would purchase again in a heartbeat. Unfortunately no pics with me at work. I'll see what I can do later.

Exhausts that come to my mind that fit with 8th Gen are Akrapovic, Dam, Arrow, 2Bros (low-fit one),  Ixil, Coffman, Scorpion.. Akrapovic, probably is the best fit, since Honda recommends it a oem upgrade. Dam, Ixil, and Coffman are best in terms of look. Another aspect that I care is sound and that is something hard to judge from youtube videos.

• Member Contributer

I would also look at the various Delkevic models - my mini carbon model looks and sounds great IMO and was also fairly inexpensive.  It cuts just over 7 pounds and adds almost 3 hp (according to dyno chart on Delk's website).

IMG_3276.JPG.1c30f8422d873195d6e457be5cf42a30.JPG

• Member Contributer

I do like that delkevic, for some reason I only saw some that were the skinny super long ones. But the shorty ones look great, plus can see all those lug nuts! 

Everyone keeps changing my mind haha

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

I would also look at the various Delkevic models - my mini carbon model looks and sounds great IMO and was also fairly inexpensive.  It cuts just over 7 pounds and adds almost 3 hp (according to dyno chart on Delk's website).

IMG_3276.JPG.1c30f8422d873195d6e457be5cf42a30.JPG

And hard bags still okay with this one?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, weee06 said:

And hard bags still okay with this one?

I don't have hard bags but I'm 99.9% sure there are other members here with Delkevic exhausts that do - it connects to the same spot as the stock exhaust so I don't think it would be a problem.  Here's a vid of what it sounds like without the baffle - note that VTEC doesn't kick in since bike's in neutral - it's crazy loud when it does.  (Edit:  I added a 2nd vid below in which you can hear the VTEC kick in while in gear.)  Needless to say, ear plugs are a must when riding! :tongue:

Here is my new 2014 Interceptor with the very first Competition Werkes slip on exhaust !!!!!! The look is just what I was going for, something that was sportier than the big chrome oem muffler and that was short enough to show off that beautiful single sided swing arm.  

The sound that comes out at idle is a nice burble/rumble with the db killer in. I just have been on one hour + ride so far and I am trying to be nice to the engine going per Hondas break-in guidelines. BUT....I did get into the 7000+ vtech a couple of times just for the hell of it and OMG....... what a wail that comes out of it NOW!

This was the one thing whenI first got the bike I had to change but none of the current aftermarket exhaust out there looked good to me. So I called Shawn @Competion Werks and pleaded my case knowing that their stuff is awesome , fit and finish#1........ well he said ok lets do it so here it is . 

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

• Member Contributer

Hi Gray.

Without doubt one of the best exhaust for the 8gen I've seen. Great photos and write up. What price are they?

Cheers

• Member Contributer

That looks great Gray!  I love how short it is.  Looks like you removed the rear peg - did you have to or was that just by choice?  Also, I don't think you have a centerstand but does the exhaust come with the little pad thingy for the centerstand to rest against?    Please post sound clip when you get a chance.   I just checked their website and it's still not listed so it must be hot off the presses :tongue:

• Member Contributer

GatorGreg does the delkevic have a spot for the centerstand? I just bought it anyway lol but I hope it does. You can beat the price for these.

• Member Contributer
29 minutes ago, weee06 said:

GatorGreg does the delkevic have a spot for the centerstand? I just bought it anyway lol but I hope it does. You can beat the price for these.

Yes, the Delk has a spot for the center stand.  I think you made a great choice!   I agree for the price it's hard to beat and it's one of loudest ones available - at least with the baffle out.  To whet your appetite, here's a vid of what it will sound like in your helmet - I think I hit the rev limiter a few times in this vid :tongue:

• Member Contributer
31 minutes ago, GatorGreg said:

Yes, the Delk has a spot for the center stand.  I think you made a great choice!   I agree for the price it's hard to beat and it's one of loudest ones available - at least with the baffle out.  To whet your appetite, here's a vid of what it will sound like in your helmet - I think I hit the rev limiter a few times in this vid :tongue:

#1 I would love to be riding right now but it’s -5 where I live....

#2 You should check out the oem quickshifter on partzilla, I just added it this fall and it’s awesome.

#3 your bike has gears 4, 5, & 6 FYI ?

• Member Contributer
18 minutes ago, weee06 said:

#1 I would love to be riding right now but it’s -5 where I live....

#2 You should check out the oem quickshifter on partzilla, I just added it this fall and it’s awesome.

#3 your bike has gears 4, 5, & 6 FYI ?

I figure if I stick to 1-2-3 it will help keep me out of trouble:  "I'm very sorry officer - no I didn't realize I was going 105 mph - I was only in 3rd gear - I'll be sure to be more careful in the future" :tongue:

Hi guys      I talked to Shawn @Competion Werkes last night and he said the exhaust would be on their web site next week with the price of around $439.

GatorGreg... I took off the rear pegs for looks and weight savings ONLY and speaking of weight savings, this is 3.5 lbs vs 10.5 lbs for that chrome OEM BEAST OF A MUFFLER!

After I get the bike /engine properly broken in I will try to put something on youtube for you guys, but if you look on youtube now there is a vid of a VFR 1200 with a Werkes exhaust... but only at idle. The DB killer makes it very Neighborhood friendly IMO. 

This exhaust reminds me of the time that I took a new stock NSX to a cars and coffee right after I got it, and as I was leaving some really old guy with a '55 Chevy says... OH nice car...  but its TOO QUIET ! and I thought he's right and went out and got a great cat back system to spice up the looks and hear that wonderful engine that Honda had put in there.  This is the same thing with the INTERCEPTOR.... a lot more fun to ride now that its looks and sounds a lot sportier. 

GatorGreg....I don't have a center stand as noted so it was not an issue for me. I do not know what you would do other than putting your own small bump stop on the center stand itself. P.S. Thanks for putting the links up to all the Ducati guys videos..... while they are great bikes I think  Honda owners sleep a lot better than the Ducati guys.IMO

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, gray said:

P.S. Thanks for putting the links up to all the Ducati guys videos..... while they are great bikes I think  Honda owners sleep a lot better than the Ducati guys.IMO

You're welcome - I just wanted to provide "fair and balanced" information in response to jhenley's comments :tongue:

• Member Contributer

That looks bloody awesome Gray.

Probably the best looking can for an 8G I've seen.

Can you check next time you're with a 5G to see if it will fit.

My guess is yes.

I want one to show off my new 8 spoker.

A video of it running is badly needed.

Akrapovic.

Since taking these pics, I have discovered that the Akrapovic sticker peels of fairly easily if you prefer.

DB killer gives it an almost stock sound, fairly quiet to keep the neighbours happy. With it out, it sound just like a V4 VTEC should.

_MG_3111.jpg

_MG_3106a.jpg

Archived