Rear Brake Hanger 4th and 5th gen

slo1

Question

• Member Contributer

checking if there is any interest in custom rear brake hangers for 4th and 5th gen's. On 4th gen it's pretty much just cool, maybe save afew pounds, but on 5th gen it will make DeLink way easier. 

The hangers are made to use Brembo 84mm calipers, which are relatively cheap. Also good for the Beringer Mini ($$$). Possibly over slung, but primarily under.

Price would be dependent on how many we can get to commit. 150-200 is my guess.

5a4d713bb75b5_Hawk-vfrhanger(12).thumb.JPG.952ccd2cb41c928e95005f28977bb2f7.JPG5a4d7143a0807_vfr750build2016(28).thumb.JPG.164fd133d427dcd1934000fce91d7fd8.JPG5a4d713f586fc_rearcalipers(3).thumb.JPG.d23b13ce3cc527e7a03c7133eef73052.JPG5a4d7144174b2_vfr750underslungrearbrake.jpg.eb79e3bbaace8201d23404ecd37078be.jpg

If not appropriate, please delete... 

Thanks

• Answers 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

I'd be very interested in this.

I do have an 8th gen caliper already, not sure the size.

Might be more economical to make it fit a readily available CBR or similar caliper.

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, VFROZ said:

I'd be very interested in this.

I do have an 8th gen caliper already, not sure the size.

Might be more economical to make it fit a readily available CBR or similar caliper.

Brembo P32 or P34 are small and plentiful. they are used on Ducati/Aprillia/etc. New with pads about $130, used as little as $50... 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, kave said:

any updates, this would be brilliant timing for me to delink the rear along with seb's custom rearset adapters

Waiting on the 3rd. and what should be the last, proto type for test fit...... I know the feeling, bike's been in pieces for months now :(

• Member Contributer
On 4/4/2018 at 1:54 PM, bigb said:

Has there been any progress with this  for 4th Gen?

Sorry to all interested. The machinist working on these does not seem to be working on these..... :(  As often happens, like with exhaust systems, other $$ producing projects always seem to relegate vfr stuff to "later".....

My 5th gen is apart, waiting for v4 (hopefully the final version) and with the weather getting better i may just re assemble it without.

IF anything actually happens eventually i will post up...

Another vote for a 5th generation model. In fact, I am gathering parts for an RC-51 front clip update and delink at the present. (I'm new to this forum, so please feel free to point me to the related resources.)

-Kirk

On 4/8/2018 at 8:28 AM, gig said:

I ended up trying a full conversion, can take me off the list

Thx  

IMG_4913.thumb.jpg.2f693167aa4d4eb8f5ffb747f3e2f181.jpg

What rear hugger is that? Also, what is the full rear conversion consist of?

• Member Contributer
On 5/27/2018 at 2:59 AM, artpongs said:

What rear hugger is that? Also, what is the full rear conversion consist of?

Judging by the brake line clamps, I'd say it was a Harris hugger.  

Ciao,

Any updates on the availability of this hanger? 

I have very recently acquired the critical components that I need to move forward with my RC-51 USD forks conversion, de-linking the brakes along the way. I am keenly interested in this hanger as part of the plan to lighten the rear hardware too.

• Member Contributer

ill bet there is a way to use the 848 hanger on the vfr. it would only be a $25 investment to try. The brembo caliper and master have more then adequate stoping power if able to get them bled properly which is a task. Much better and 8 lbs lighter the the vfr rear set up

• Member Contributer

Anybody just try out a 8th gen hanger and caliper? Parts wise that would run about $300 (new)  total on Partzilla... 

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2014/vfr800f-ac-interceptor/rear-brake-caliper

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, mello dude said:

Anybody just try out a 8th gen hanger and caliper? Parts wise that would run about $300 (new)  total on Partzilla... 

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2014/vfr800f-ac-interceptor/rear-brake-caliper

I've got a caliper, but not sure if hanger will reach the stay bolt. 

I'll have a closer look next time I see an 8G.

• Member Contributer
On 7/28/2018 at 6:38 PM, Zazen said:

Any updates on the availability of this hanger? 

After way too long dealing with life, the machinist is back on these.  Hopefully final production 4th and 5th gens soon.....

Archived