Blue 8th gen

GatorGreg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hmmmm  not really sure, looks like its all plastic.

• Member Contributer

I’ve always thought of the VFR as a technical tour de force and gentlemen’s express. Therefore, the color should exude a level of class. That bike looks like some kid bought what he thought was a sportbike and is trying to make it look sporty with Subaru’s Hyper Blue. Not appropriate, IMO. 

• Member Contributer

Wouldn’t even bother ...

1st part of ad describes an 800, 2nd section a1200

sounding like a good chance someone’s ignorant &/or less than honest

• 4 months later...

My guess is it was a layed down bike w/scratches that someone didn't want to either claim or pay full price for fairings,  (have you seen how much they want for a painted fairing piece?  as much as an entire chinese kit at times...)  so they sanded and filled the scratches and got the bike either maaco'd or vinyl wrapped.

I've been contemplating wrapping my 8th gen as RWB.  

My guess is it was a layed down bike w/scratches that someone didn't want to either claim or pay full price for fairings,  (have you seen how much they want for a painted fairing piece?  as much as an entire chinese kit at times...)  so they sanded and filled the scratches and got the bike either maaco'd or vinyl wrapped.

I've been contemplating wrapping my 8th gen as RWB.  

• 2 months later...

So as it turns out,  either it was wrecked and put back to stock,  or someone bought it,  put a few mods on it and promptly wrecked it....  but that's the blue bike...  for sure.

https://poctra.com/2014-HONDA-VFR800-F/id-AykhMOfncyHiO8pe/CHARLOTTE-NC

<snip>
now that I'm looking at it.  that's not the same bike.. and it's a much nicer bike.  and it breaks my heart.  😞

a moment of silence for a sebspeed clutch cover at a wrecking yard,  everyone.

Archived