4th Gen - Emission and PAIR Valve Delete - Help Needed

First, I have been searching and reading extensively on this.  if I missed the information somewhere, I apologize.   in short, I would like to remove the convoluted California Emission stuff from my 1996 VFR750.  At the same time, I'd like to remove the PAIR valve stuff as well.

From my reading:

1.  I understand the concepts and am mechanically capable.

2.  I could not find an Emissions Delete thread that looked like the stuff on my bike...none seemed to be for a 4th generation.

I have attached some pics from the Clymer manual...  Can anyone give me the instructions on what needs to be pulled/plugged (using these pictures for reference) to delete the Cal Emission and the PAIR valve from this bike?   Again...thank you for revisiting this topic and my apologies again if I missed this in my searches.  

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 11.03.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 11.04.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 11.04.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 11.05.02 AM.png

• Member Contributer

Not able to help with the EVAP stuff, but the PAIR removal does require block-off plates put on.  These go where the chrome tubes are, above the four exhaust ports.  Also need to cap off the tubes in the air filter housing.

I removed the PAIR stuff from my '97 just last summer.  The front cylinders are easy, the rear not so much.  I had to remove the complete exhaust system in order to get the block-off plates on the rears.  And the center stand does not need to be removed to get the exhaust system off.

Good luck, will take a couple of hours.

• Member Contributer
55 minutes ago, thewedge said:

Anybody know if the VFR800 PAIR Valve Block off plates will fit the  4th gen 750?  or am I stuck manufacturing my own?

they are much different.

• Member Contributer

been a while since I did this on the 4th gen..   you shouldn't have an evap can (unless yours is somehow a CA bike) so that should make it a little easier..  I think i had just made block off plates (4 - one for each cyl) using some heavy steel plate - easy enough..   just get some rubber vacuum caps from auto store to cap anything that goes to the carbs (might be a plug on airbox that might need plugged also)..  should be one line for each of the two valves going to the carb banks...  someone please

correct me if I'm wrong..  been years since I did this.. lol

Awesome...thanks.   Bought the kit...I've made some detailed diagrams for the EVAP and the PAIR and think I have it covered.  The 4th gen is very different than the earlier ones of the 800's so it took some study to get it straight.  Mine is a California bike (no idea how it go here in VA).   

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, Burns said:

been a while since I did this on the 4th gen..   you shouldn't have an evap can (unless yours is somehow a CA bike) so that should make it a little easier..  I think i had just made block off plates (4 - one for each cyl) using some heavy steel plate - easy enough..   just get some rubber vacuum caps from auto store to cap anything that goes to the carbs (might be a plug on airbox that might need plugged also)..  should be one line for each of the two valves going to the carb banks...  someone please

correct me if I'm wrong..  been years since I did this.. lol

FWIW, this is exactly what you do on a 3rd gen CA-spec VFR.  I usually say to cap everything except the large, angled vent port between the two rear carbs (see below).  I prefer the vinyl vacuum caps--rubber deteriorates.

0283.jpg.a416fd4f9aa041a6f5d4672a32cb2974.jpg

Ciao,

Archived