Aftermarket Brake & Clutch hoses

WingZer0

Hi Folks

I got an 06 ABS model and thinking of changing all the hoses including the clutch. I did look around online but am getting different number of hoses from different manufacturers. My question is how many actual brake and clutch hoses does the 06 ABS model have in stock OEM sttings? My bike is not delinked and I do not want to delinked it. Thanks.

• Member Contributer

I bought this kit... http://galferusa.com/product/honda-2006-vfr-800-interceptor-abs-multiple-lines-fk003d425-13

which is excellent. They list 13 hoses (clutch included), but their kit combines some... I want to say the stock system was something like 17. Sorry, I can't be any more specific.

They aren't cheap, but the cost is worth it in my opinion. Bleeding the system is a pain... 

The bike been with me 7 years, its done over 180k km with me and replacement of the hoses are long overdue. Both front discs replaced and all calipers been serviced and o rings been changed. I wanted to know how many total hoses including the clutch so I can compare the stock and aftermarket hose.

• Member Contributer

Can't help you with the numbers but I replaced the hoses on my 08 VFR with a Galfer kit and it made a significant difference to the braking.

Brake bleeding isn't that bad, even on a linked VFR, but consider fitting Speed Bleeders to the calipers as this massively assists when bleeding the brakes.

Best of luck with the upgrade.

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, Marvelicious said:

I bought this kit... http://galferusa.com/product/honda-2006-vfr-800-interceptor-abs-multiple-lines-fk003d425-13

which is excellent. They list 13 hoses (clutch included), but their kit combines some... I want to say the stock system was something like 17. Sorry, I can't be any more specific.

And if you get this kit, you get Dupont virgins too ...  :biggrin:.

Archived