Mud gaurd??

Thedonald

You mean a rear-tire "hugger"? 

I've got one on my rainy-weather bike ('93 Suzuki GSF400) and it really helps keep things tidy.  I usually don't ride the VFRs in the rain or on wet road days so I haven't looked around to see what's available for the 5th Gen.  I'd bet that the single sided swing arm complicates the issue of making a rear tire hugger for the VFR.

• Member Contributer

Try Harris Performance.  They make an integrated hugger/chainguard for 5th and 6th gens.   I bookmarked a manufacturer in Australia - Geelong Carbon Craft that makes (made?) them from carbon fiber as well. The link is no longer active and I'm not turning them up on a search -  so no telling if they're still in business.

https://www.harris-performance.com/product-category/harris-bodywork/rear-huggers-harris-bodywork/honda-rear-huggers/

That’s what I meant,  with the single 

swing arm the one that I saw was part of the chain gaurd- looks awe full. 

Was just wondering if any others 

might fit that someone is aware of

• Member Contributer

Dash looks good. What color are the LCD displays? I was considering sending them mine and having the LCDs done in their blue-green (with the tach in white) but without a photo to see how that color actually looks, I don't know what to think.

Mine are dark blue on the sides, the picture doesn’t to it justice. 

its pretty bad ass- cost 75$ plus

shipping... well worth it!!

hey, could you tell me how to 

do a new stream or post so I can 

share?

step by step, I can’t flippin figure it out

• Member Contributer

I have an NWS rear Hugger on my 2002. Being a UK biker it's almost essential to keep the road crud off the rear suspension. It's sort of a grey Carbon Fibre look, don't know where it comes from as it came with the bike.

IMG_20170409_140927.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 1/3/2018 at 10:25 AM, Woodie said:

I have an NWS rear Hugger on my 2002. Being a UK biker it's almost essential to keep the road crud off the rear suspension. It's sort of a grey Carbon Fibre look, don't know where it comes from as it came with the bike.

It came from NWS, no doubt!  I have several of their motorcycle stands, but I think the company is long gone now.  (NWS was Newport Welding Services)

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
3 minutes ago, JZH said:

It came from NWS, no doubt!  I have several of their motorcycle stands, but I think the company is long gone now.  (NWS was Newport Welding Services)

Ciao,

I know that.... the big NWS sticker on the side was a clue... :mad:...

But no idea where they retail from. I must admit it looks better than any if the other offerings I have seen Skidmarx/pyramid. :goofy:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hey, I picked up one from REDFOX a few weeks ago. After lots of research it seemed like one of the better looking huggers and didn't require drilling into the swing arm.

Though when I went to fit it, the fit was absolutely horrendous. It wouldn't sit correctly no matter how I adjusted it. Didn't have consistent gap around the tire and sat crooked.

Ended up realizing that the ABS material had severely warped. After about 2 hours today using a heat gun, re-drilling holes in the plastic and eventually drilling and tapping the swing arm I got it fitting perfectly.

It is a real nice looking part, but be weary as the fit may not be as nice as it should be without some mcgivering. If interested I can take some pictures and post. let me know

• Member Contributer

The Harris carbon fibre one is my favourite.  It is also the only one I could find that allowed the removal of the OEM plastic chainguard.

Ciao,

Archived