Sena /Android update to google assistant feedback noise

burnes45

• Member Contributer

Have not used my Sena 10 sense I updated my android phone. When I used it today to make a call I hit the switch to make a call and  loud feedback noise {ouch on the ears} and after a moment Google  assistant came on and said"how can I help".  Could not make call. Came home and and tried to remove Google assistant could only turn it off. Could not make call with Google assistant turned off. If I can last through the 5 seconds of feed back I can ask Google to call whoever. Anybody know how to bypass/stop this noise? 

• Member Contributer

OK so I went through and did a factory reset on the Sena, removed my Google account from my phone and set up everything again. Much better now only has feedback noise for about 1 second and operates normally.  I still can't make a call with out Google assistant 1st asking me what I want or "How can I help you" .  I guess the other options Google assistant offers is worth the 1 second noise but I wish It worked like it did originally. I guess I'm old and set in my ways. If anyone Knows how to return to just hit the button and say "call  *****" Would be great.  If not I guess I'll just have to live with this. 

• Member Contributer

How did you set it up to voice dial in the first place? I've been trying to do that with my Sena/Android for ages.

• Member Contributer

Could not tell you. That is how it worked when I set it up the first time. I hit the thumb button 1 time wait for a tone and say call "a name on my contact list. I have a newer Sansung 7.  Don't know if that makes a difference. 

• Member Contributer

On 12/20/2017 at 1:26 PM, Urbanengineer said:

It’s a known issue due to the android update. Should be fixed soon enough. Update your Sena for now. 

I'm glad to know it's not just me having this issue. Your the 1st person to acknowledge there are problems with the update.  

I called Sena today the person I talked to had not heard of this before. He told me he would pass the information on to the engineers so they could start working on a fix. I asked how I would Know when a fix was available and he took my E-Mail and would send a message.  I did the latest update before I started this adventure. Thank you for the reassurance fix can't come to soon. 

Archived