wide rear wheel mod

fightinvfr

I had read a thread on here where a guy put a 17 inch by 7 inch wide car rim on a vfr800. he said he used a rim with a 43mm offset and a spacer to get it centered... but of course didn't mention the size of the spacer... anyone know?

• Member Contributer

Well, 43mm - [OEM offset] = [spacer width], I would think...

I don't have the RC46 wheel offset figure handy, but I did once measure the offset on two very different wheels (NC24 and RC40) and was surprised to learn that the offset Honda used was exactly the same.  I can't say that the same rule holds for all Honda SSSA wheels, but it would not surprise me.  Incidentally, I am using an NR rear wheel on my RC36, but they're the same size (17 x 5.5").

The swing arm will probably be the limiting factor, but if someone's done it before, it must work.  Bear in mind that different brand tyres, however (even in the same size) can vary considerably in actual width, so a 200 from one manufacturer might fit, and another from another manufacturer might not.

Ciao,

1 hour ago, Lint said:

I'd like to do this in the stock 5.5" width just to get a cool wheel in back. Ideas on where to look? Anyone know the lugnut spacing?

even with a new wheel you sill might not be cool.............:unsure:

• Member Contributer

My 2009 VTec's 5-spoke rear measures 20 mm positive offset.

I believe that 5th & 6th gen VFR800s used the same rear wheel. I have a 3rd gen 8-spoke on my VTec and believe it to have the same offset.

Archived