Buy it Back??

St. Stephen

• Member Contributer

So, as some of you may know, after seven years I traded my 2010 7th gen for my first non-Honda V4 in several decades (see my VFRD post, Talking to Myself).

So...that was the end of June. They still haven't sold it. $7995, 48K miles, and luggage:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcd/d/2010-honda-vfr-1200f/6400371808.html  (thanks RC1237V)

Geez, I could offer them $4K. hmmmm...

IMG_1918.JPG

• Member Contributer
On 12/8/2017 at 4:25 PM, tomcatek said:

How much did they pay you for it?

$5K US, although "pay" might not be the right word, as my spouse might say.

2 hours ago, RC1237V said:

MBD IS A SERIOUS DISEASE! 

I have 6 now, and still need an adventure bike...........

Yeah but I hear your son owns one or two...

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

So, I guess this is a bump, but only because the dealer has not sold it. This is from EIGHT MONTHS AGO.

Price has dropped:

http://www.marinspeedshop.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=5061386&p=1&make=honda&s=Year&d=D&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

In one sense this is very depressing, they can't sell my very nice (not immaculate, but very nice) 7th gen,after almost nine months. But then, we can buy VFR's on the cheap, so I guess that's good?

• Member Contributer

I was thinking of offering them $4,500 so I would have a spare one of everything.........but my MBD has me maxed out in the garage and back patio..............

That's a shame, it's a very nice, very quick ST. I guess everyone finds the used, lazy, air-cooled V-twins more appealing in that price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived