Wiring diagram - with HISS

BiKenG

I need a wiring diagram for the 6th Gen that has HISS (but ideally no ABS). I have one for the 5th Gen with HISS and for the 6th Gen without HISS (from US version Workshop Manual). I've even found an Owner's Manual for the right bike, but less than helpfully Honda no longer include the wiring diagram in those.

Anyone got this diagram?

I'm trying to find out what the HISS button does. Not so much how you use it as that's in the Owners Manual, but how it is connected electrically. So easy with the right diagram. Impossible without. :sad:

• Member Contributer

I don't see the HISS button at all in the Haynes wiring diagram for the UK models.

Ciao,

No, I've found a very bad scan of what should be the correct diagram and although I can make out the HISS LED indicator, I can see no button. But it's hard to read the text anyway and would be easy to miss.

So, something of a mystery this HISS button. Does it perhaps do something basic with the HISS indicator wire, like ground it, or apply 12V and the ECU detects that and adjusts the indicator operation accordingly? Seems a complicated way to do it. Another wire from the ECU to the button would surely be simpler. Really need the proper Honda wiring diagram to see if that shows this button.

• Member Contributer
On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:28 AM, BiKenG said:

I need a wiring diagram for the 6th Gen that has HISS (but ideally no ABS). I have one for the 5th Gen with HISS and for the 6th Gen without HISS (from US version Workshop Manual). I've even found an Owner's Manual for the right bike, but less than helpfully Honda no longer include the wiring diagram in those.

Anyone got this diagram?

I'm trying to find out what the HISS button does. Not so much how you use it as that's in the Owners Manual, but how it is connected electrically. So easy with the right diagram. Impossible without. :sad:

Hi BiKenG.

The Service Manual does not go into any detail of the HISS Button. Its operation appears to be only internal of the Instrument Panel as there doesn't appear to be any feedback to the ECM from the Instrument Panel.

Wiring Diagram is for the Australian U version, HISS and no ABS.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Grum.

Immobilizer_6gen001.jpg

VFR_Circuit001.jpg

Well that explains it. I kinda thought that might be the case, but hoped there were external connections to that button. Looks like I may have to construct a different switch.

Thanks for the info and a better wiring diagram than I've previously been able to find.

Archived