6th Gen Refresh

Willy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Willy said:

Officially done. Its been several months of free time to go through every major system of this bike. Weather was mild enough here yesterday that I was able to get out for a short 40 miles "test ride".  I couldn't be happier with the result. I forgot how much fun it was to ride a VFR. Yahoo! This one with 48,000 miles runs better than my first VFR when I sold it with half the mileage. Butter smooth. All systems go.

Thank you to VFRD for all your advice and info along the way. Cheers!

5a64ec8296ead_FirstrideEmmett1.thumb.jpg.3df12cb1077951ebb5c2ef55b7706abb.jpg

Fantastic job Willy, that's a beautiful RWB glowing in the sunshine. take my hat off to you, thanks for sharing your project with us.

Cheers.

Grum

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Willy said:

Officially done. Its been several months of free time to go through every major system of this bike. Weather was mild enough here yesterday that I was able to get out for a short 40 miles "test ride".  I couldn't be happier with the result. I forgot how much fun it was to ride a VFR. Yahoo! This one with 48,000 miles runs better than my first VFR when I sold it with half the mileage. Butter smooth. All systems go.

I'd give this post a like if I could.   Looks great!   We'll done.   

• Member Contributer
On 1/21/2018 at 11:41 AM, Willy said:

Awesome, Willy.  Glad to see this on the road after all that work. It's just beautiful right now!  Really good, sensible things to refresh, too. Suspension is a great investment and items that age badly like hoses should all be top notch, now.

I like the black frame against that paint job. I have to say, the anniversary edition is the only one of the 6th gens I ever really lusted after. The RWB  is classic Honda in my mind.

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, Urbanengineer said:

Mine is sleeping all winter, I am jealous!

Well although it was sunny on Sunday. The temp was just above freezing. Chilly at speed on the bike. Hence I kept the ride short....  We have snow expected this week. So hibernating too for a bit...

• Member Contributer
19 minutes ago, MooseMoose said:

Awesome, Willy.  Glad to see this on the road after all that work. It's just beautiful right now!  Really good, sensible things to refresh, too. Suspension is a great investment and items that age badly like hoses should all be top notch, now.

I like the black frame against that paint job. I have to say, the anniversary edition is the only one of the 6th gens I ever really lusted after. The RWB  is classic Honda in my mind.

Thanks Moose. It was a lot of fun and a great learning experience. Could not have done it without VFRD.

• 4 months later...
  • Member Contributer
On 1/21/2018 at 2:41 PM, Willy said:

Totally awesome!  Looks beautiful. 

• Member Contributer
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:28 AM, GeneH1966 said:

Wow, great write up , what shield is on the bike?

This is an MRA Vario Touring windshield. I purchased this one at Revzilla but other vendors offer them as well. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mra-variotouringscreen-windshield-honda-vfr800-vtec-interceptor-2002-2013. 

I like it. When down you get full wind flow if needed on a hot day. And when up, it cuts noise and buffeting significantly. Works good for me. 

• 2 months later...

Just read this topic from start to finish and thoroughly enjoyed reading your exploits Willy - well done buddy - hope you are putting in many a happy mile on the refreshed Viffer ... 

• Member Contributer

Thanks guys. Yes I've been enjoying the fruits of my labor this summer. I've been in Idaho only for about two years and still trying to sort out the backroads. I really enjoyed last winters project and silly me looking at other used VFRs for this coming winter.  Ssssshhhh…. don't alert my wife....  

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Willy said:

I really enjoyed last winters project and silly me looking at other used VFRs for this coming winter.  Ssssshhhh…. don't alert my wife....  

It's usually better to ask for forgiveness than for permission - but when it comes to the wife . . . maybe not so much.  :ph34r:

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Cogswell said:

It's usually better to ask for forgiveness than for permission - but when it comes to the wife . . . maybe not so much.  :ph34r:

Hard to know which way the wind blows sometimes.....

Archived