Why a red Guzzi?

44 minutes ago, SamW said:

Nice! 850?  What is the plan?

always wanted a tonti frame cafe. the sp is way to nice and origonal to booger. so i found this 77 850T3. I've been dying to use my Agostini solo seat for some time now.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:22 PM, SamW said:

Why a Red Guzzi, because the previous owner was one of the riders who broke the 24 hour record in 1986 on board an '86 VFR700 and VFR750. 😀

That is very tasty looking...

• Member Contributer

Looks like a great project, keep us posted!

• Member Contributer

I don't know if it is the angle, but that is one heck of a side stand on your 850 T!

13 minutes ago, SamW said:

I don't know if it is the angle, but that is one heck of a side stand on your 850 T!

And its sitting on a chunk of 4x4! 😲

the sidestands of this era were notoriously bad. as in they would fall over. the trick is to grab one of these stands from a police bike. they came with the gigantic piece you see here.

• Member Contributer

That makes sense, the Quota has the suicide side stand, self retracting, I think there is a fix for it i will have to do one day.

• Member Contributer

Ducatis had the same type side stand I took an 851 out for a test ride and nearly fell off pulling into a service station as the side stand had been modified to NOT self retract and it was down as I was riding luckily in a fairly straight line

Archived