Sebspeed Clutch Window Mod Group Buy 2017

SEBSPEED

Question

I am once again starting a run of parts. I need 10 people minimum to commit to get this run going, more are welcome!

I will make a $5 VFRD site donation for each of the first 10 buyers to take advantage, plus FREE RETURN SHIPPING in the USA! (if you're outside the USA, I will mark down your total shipping by $13.60)

If we get 15 people to commit I'll knock another 5% off!

This offer covers all generations of VF & VFR. If you are a VF/VFR owner, the window can be made to fit your bike! Fits other bikes also, please ask about fitments!

What I require to perform the mod is:

1. Your clutch cover, or a spare cover, shipped to me
2. A total payment of $250 via PayPal

Turn around time will be 1-2 weeks max, usually faster.

What you will need to do to complete the mod:
1. Make down payment of 50%
2. Ship your donor cover, or drop ship a donor cover via ebay/etc.
3. Make final payment when mod is complete
4. Paint or powdercoat the cover (I can help with this)
5. Install with new gasket

As showcased in other threads, you may also paint or powdercoat your pressure plate to display the color of your choice.

Currently, I do not offer paint or powdercoat services personally, but I can help with some recommendations if needed.

Feel free to send me a PM, but please make sure you post in this thread if interested, as I will use this thread for tracking purposes.

A number of pictures and additional info can be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/68201-clear-clutch-window/&

Please also check out my Facebook page @SebspeedCustoms & also on Instagram

Thanks for looking!

2c6f1912.jpg

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to keep you all waiting... If I was a rich man, I'd have my own machine shop with minions to make parts at my whim... till then, we need the minimum order to go ahead. 

Just 1 more needed though!!

1. ZCD76

2. 65matt

3. CrazyTuner

4. Hendo

5. Courtier

6. atx

7. Lightduty

8. Aekom

9. CodeRed

Sorry to keep you all waiting... If I was a rich man, I'd have my own machine shop with minions to make parts at my whim... till then, we need the minimum order to go ahead. 

Just 1 more needed though!!

Sorry Seb, wasn’t my intent to to try and push the process through. Just giving the thread a bump with a picture of my readiness.

Just one more people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did it! We have 10 signed up - I'll be sending a group PM shortly. Please continue to tell your friends - I will keep the offer going up to 15!

1. ZCD76

2. 65matt

3. CrazyTuner

4. Hendo

5. Courtier

6. atx

7. Lightduty

8. Aekom

9. CodeRed

10. Whitelightning

• Member Contributer

Just want to update all that may read this thread - the extra cover I referenced earlier has been purchased. I do not have an extra for sale any longer.

On 01/02/2018 at 9:36 AM, SEBSPEED said:

We did it! We have 10 signed up - I'll be sending a group PM shortly. Please continue to tell your friends - I will keep the offer going up to 15!

1. ZCD76

2. 65matt

3. CrazyTuner

4. Hendo

5. Courtier

6. atx

7. Lightduty

8. Aekom

9. CodeRed

10. Whitelightning

What's the offer ? I may be interested ?

Just want to update all that may read this thread - the extra cover I referenced earlier has been purchased. I do not have an extra for sale any longer.

If anyone is interested I will have an extra cover once I get mine back from Seb. If interested just PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick bump and reminder for those who are on the list, please check your Message inboxes! We are waiting for some folks to follow through so this can move forward!!

Thanks everyone!

Looks rad, just wondering if there is a reason why i see so many go with red for the guts...

• Member Contributer

It WILL give you a good view of what engine oil looks like that has not reached its proper working temperature.... 

• Member Contributer

Dutch - funny you mention that. The oil definitely has a milky appearance until it gets up to full temp. I didn't know if I had a great deal of moisture in the engine (it has been stored in a climate controlled building all winter so lots of moisture in the crankcase made zero sense) or whether the milkiness was symptomatic of Lucas 10w40 semi-synthetic. After the bike got some appreciable temperature in it...which took quite a while at idle in a large building...the milkiness subsided. Not without me being a bit panicked, though.

atx - I cannot answer that. The first SebSpeed windowed clutch cover I saw, on here, the owner painted/powder coated the pressure plate in red and I thought it looked sharp and thought it would work well with my silver '03. I considered gold, as well, but had the powder coater apply a metallic red.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, ZCD76 said:

Dutch - funny you mention that. The oil definitely has a milky appearance until it gets up to full temp. I didn't know if I had a great deal of moisture in the engine (it has been stored in a climate controlled building all winter so lots of moisture in the crankcase made zero sense) or whether the milkiness was symptomatic of Lucas 10w40 semi-synthetic. After the bike got some appreciable temperature in it...which took quite a while at idle in a large building...the milkiness subsided. Not without me being a bit panicked, though.

Not to worry... all internal combustion engines have moisture in the oil until it gets up to temperature.  Water is one of the byproducts of combustion and the last time you rode your bike the moisture still left in the crankcase cooled and condensed.  When you next started the engine the water gives the oil a milky look until the oil temp rises enough to boil it off.  It does give you a visual reminder of one of the reasons why you should warm your bike up before revving it hard.

:wink:

• Member Contributer
Just now, Rush2112 said:

Not to worry... all internal combustion engines have moisture in the oil until it gets up to temperature.  Water is one of the byproducts of combustion and the last time you rode your bike the moisture still left in the crankcase cooled and condensed.  When you next started the engine the water gives the oil a milky look until the oil temp rises enough to boil it off.  It does give you a visual reminder of one of the reasons why you should warm your bike up before revving it hard.

:wink:

PS: ... if the ambient temperature is above the dew point you probably won't see any milkiness when you start the bike.

Archived