Sebspeed Clutch Window Mod Group Buy 2017

SEBSPEED

Question

I am once again starting a run of parts. I need 10 people minimum to commit to get this run going, more are welcome!

I will make a $5 VFRD site donation for each of the first 10 buyers to take advantage, plus FREE RETURN SHIPPING in the USA! (if you're outside the USA, I will mark down your total shipping by $13.60)

If we get 15 people to commit I'll knock another 5% off!

This offer covers all generations of VF & VFR. If you are a VF/VFR owner, the window can be made to fit your bike! Fits other bikes also, please ask about fitments!

What I require to perform the mod is:

1. Your clutch cover, or a spare cover, shipped to me
2. A total payment of $250 via PayPal

Turn around time will be 1-2 weeks max, usually faster.

What you will need to do to complete the mod:
1. Make down payment of 50%
2. Ship your donor cover, or drop ship a donor cover via ebay/etc.
3. Make final payment when mod is complete
4. Paint or powdercoat the cover (I can help with this)
5. Install with new gasket

As showcased in other threads, you may also paint or powdercoat your pressure plate to display the color of your choice.

Currently, I do not offer paint or powdercoat services personally, but I can help with some recommendations if needed.

Feel free to send me a PM, but please make sure you post in this thread if interested, as I will use this thread for tracking purposes.

A number of pictures and additional info can be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/68201-clear-clutch-window/&

Please also check out my Facebook page @SebspeedCustoms & also on Instagram

Thanks for looking!

2c6f1912.jpg

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

Sebastian -

I'm the guy who contacted you on Instagram with the 2003 with 2,200 miles on it. Count me in. I left you my email on Instagram messages. 

• Member Contributer

Uggghhhhh I have wanted this mod for soooo long. Probably just as long as you've been making them seb. (edit: checking the original link you posted, I'm the first to reply to it. Man. That was over 6 years ago)

US to CDN conversion plus shipping usually makes this too $$ for me. Quick math puts it well over $500cdn :sad:

What kind of shape does the used cover shipped to you have to be in Seb?

13 hours ago, slowbird said:

Uggghhhhh I have wanted this mod for soooo long. Probably just as long as you've been making them seb. (edit: checking the original link you posted, I'm the first to reply to it. Man. That was over 6 years ago)

US to CDN conversion plus shipping usually makes this too $$ for me. Quick math puts it well over $500cdn :sad:

What kind of shape does the used cover shipped to you have to be in Seb?

Sorry to hear that bud. Donor covers can be fairly banged up really. Dents, cracks, rash, all ok to send. The only covers I've rejected have had cracks that extend to the gasket surface. I've turned these down as I can't guarantee the flatness without much more effort being put it. That effort usually outweighs the cost of a second cover.

I do prefer them to be as clean as posdible when they arrive.  Free of oil at least. Makes my job easier, aluminum welding requires a high degree of cleanliness. 

Fixing minor rash/dents/cracks that fall outside the cut area always have and will continue to be fixed free of charge as I process the covers. 

• Member Contributer

If you are on the fence on this mod, just treat yourself and do it.  There is a donor cover for sale in the classifieds right now.

image2(2).JPG

IMG_7774.JPG

IMG_1025.PNG

IMG_1022.JPG

Thank you Matt!

I've been trying to redirect folks here from my social media pages to get the list built up - I know you're out there - please reply so we can kick this off! :)

On 11/10/2017 at 10:11 PM, SEBSPEED said:

1. ZCD76

2. 65matt

Who's next? :)

Hi Seb, I’m new here and new to the whole online forum stuff. 

Love the product and I’m highly interested in this.

Would you be able to source a cover for a 94 VFR 750, and add it to the price for me? Saves on the price of shipping 1 from Aus over to you then.

This would be the first mod for my first project bike.

5 hours ago, Hendo said:

Hi Seb, I’m new here and new to the whole online forum stuff. 

Love the product and I’m highly interested in this.

Would you be able to source a cover for a 94 VFR 750, and add it to the price for me? Saves on the price of shipping 1 from Aus over to you then.

This would be the first mod for my first project bike.

Hello! Yes, I can keep an eye out for one. If you are an eBay user, you can try setting your search by location and choose to only view USA results. If you find a suitable part, most sellers will take your money and drop ship to me - I'll provide my address if needed.

Remember, the covers can be damaged on the outside and be perfectly usable for this mod! :)

Great thanks Seb. Flick me through details at bryanhenderson1@bigpond.com of how to make a payment to you for this, plus shipping address if I manage to find 1 first (I’ll get it shipped directly to you). 

Thanks Bud

There's never a good time to *need* a new clutch cover, or a set of fairings, but wow this group buy is coming at a good time after a recent low speed incident.  *sniff, sniff* . Count me in.

1. ZCD76

2. 65matt

3. CrazyTuner

4. Hendo

5. Courtier

Archived