VFRD Spring Ride 2018 - INFO

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
On 2/10/2018 at 1:32 PM, MaxSwell said:

Off Topic:

I raced a beach catamaran for 26 years. I learned that a boat is a hole in the water into which you pour a bunch of money into until it sinks. And yes, I have been sunk. In Corpus Christi Bay during a National Championship regatta. By my best friend. Fifty boats on the starting line and he runs into me and cuts a hull in two.:mad:

You're a dangerous man.  Sinks boats, runs into deer, what else is there you're not telling us?........

• Member Contributer
On 3/24/2018 at 10:30 AM, Bent said:

You're a dangerous man.  Sinks boats, runs into deer, what else is there you're not telling us?........

Well...:offtopic:

it might be too gruesome for a family site like this. For example, while cutting wood for a lawn mowing customer (while in high school) with a double-bladed axe when, after the backstroke, coming forward I hooked a plastic clothes line. The rebound of the axe head nailed my right in the center of the top of my head. The plastic line took absorbed much energy.  Luckly the blade was extra dull. Not even a headache.

While using a would chipper in 2001 in my back yard something was ejected that hit me in the teeth, even though my head was way outside of the hopper chute. Knocked out two teeth and seriously broke another eight.

But my first broken bone was not until I was 50+ yrs. old. While snow skiing. But Deer Slaying was my best effort in that regard. :squid:

My family has developed an acronym for me: GTBA. Glad To Be Alive (and walking around).

It seems I've had little regard for my body for much of my youth. Now it is paying me back big time with aches, pains and arthritis. Payback is a son-of-a-gun.

Now let's get back on-subject.

• Member Contributer
On 3/25/2018 at 1:11 PM, MaxSwell said:

Well...:offtopic:

it might be too gruesome for a family site like this. For example, while cutting wood for a lawn mowing customer (while in high school) with a double-bladed axe when, after the backstroke, coming forward I hooked a plastic clothes line. The rebound of the axe head nailed my right in the center of the top of my head. The plastic line took absorbed much energy.  Luckly the blade was extra dull. Not even a headache.

While using a would chipper in 2001 in my back yard something was ejected that hit me in the teeth, even though my head was way outside of the hopper chute. Knocked out two teeth and seriously broke another eight.

But my first broken bone was not until I was 50+ yrs. old. While snow skiing. But Deer Slaying was my best effort in that regard. :squid:

My family has developed an acronym for me: GTBA. Glad To Be Alive (and walking around).

It seems I've had little regard for my body for much of my youth. Now it is paying me back big time with aches, pains and arthritis. Payback is a son-of-a-gun.

Now let's get back on-subject.

This is on topic.....you ride a VFR, therefore, you abuse your body.  Glad to know about your other escapades.   Now, I know to keep a safe distance from you, LOL.....

• Member Contributer
On 2/10/2018 at 3:08 PM, Dutchy said:

Abandon ship!!!!!!!!

side-catamaran-ibiza.jpg

:goofy:

I could only wish, but a boat like that is too big for Minneapolis (City Of Lakes) Minnesota (Land of 10,000 Lakes) (although we have well over 10,000.

I do like the idea though.

I also want to thank Dutchy for his continued support and encouragement.

• Member Contributer
On 3/27/2018 at 4:43 PM, MaxSwell said:

I could only wish, but a boat like that is too big for Minneapolis (City Of Lakes) Minnesota (Land of 10,000 Lakes) (although we have well over 10,000.

I do like the idea though.

I also want to thank Dutchy for his continued support and encouragement.

It's not about the boat.  It could be in a parking lot.  It's the crew.....

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Bent said:

It's not about the boat.  It could be in a parking lot.  It's the crew.....

I think their swimsuits are cute.:tongue:

• Member Contributer

Quickly approaching!!!! If you wanna come and haven't registered/reserved/ordered your shirt, please do so. Look forward to seeing everyone!

T-shirt link 

• 4 weeks later...

Spring Ride Activities:

Tapoco Lodge, supervised Dragon sticker application, Working on bikes, working on lines, working on emptying the cooler

- all things I look forward to at the Spring Ride.

2017SpringRideComposite01.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'm in... I have meetings in Atlanta the week after the Spring Ride.

I'm flying into Atlanta 4 days early for my meetings and renting a car and driving up to Franklin (about 2 hours according to Google Maps)

Now I need to rent a bike for a couple of days...

I look forward to seeing everyone!!!!

• Member Contributer

I hope to make it this year. I would like to share a room. Please call or text at 859-466-2174 or email at bill.mersch@twc.com

Thanks,

Bill Mersch, aka Mister Bill 

9 minutes ago, MisterBill said:

I hope to make it this year. I would like to share a room. Please call or text at 859-466-2174 or email at bill.mersch@twc.com

Thanks,

Bill Mersch, aka Mister Bill 

Just don't get near the car for the next two weeks. 😀

23 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

I'm in... I have meetings in Atlanta the week after the Spring Ride.

I'm flying into Atlanta 4 days early for my meetings and renting a car and driving up to Franklin (about 2 hours according to Google Maps)

Now I need to rent a bike for a couple of days...

I look forward to seeing everyone!!!!

I would offer you the CB but it looks like it will be in use.  You can get a sweet deal on a HD rental from Timmy.

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, Sweeper said:

Just don't get near the car for the next two weeks. 😀

Hey, need help with PayPal link. How do you sign up for this event or where to send money?

• Member Contributer
25 minutes ago, Sweeper said:

I would offer you the CB but it looks like it will be in use.  You can get a sweet deal on a HD rental from Timmy.

Thank you for considering me in the offer... I really appreciate it!  That's the kind of camaraderie you only find here at VFRD

I found a sport bike rental place I may use.

• Member Contributer

I just signed up. It's been a few years since I've been to this and am really looking forward to riding in that area again and seeing everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I just signed up. Is it too late to order a shirt. I can't stay past Saturday morning. But it will be good to be there

for a minute.

wrestler

1 hour ago, wrestler said:

I just signed up. Is it too late to order a shirt. I can't stay past Saturday morning. But it will be good to be there

for a minute.

wrestler

I ordered a shirt and I will not be there.  Take mine.  If they dont believe you when the shirts are distributed, then we have bigger problems.

• Member Contributer

Thanks, Timmy.  I am glad you are nearer to us in Georgia now.  Maybe we can get together for some tale telling.

Wrestler

• Member Contributer

I'm out... work and weather conspired against me.  I started a new position on Monday and the VP handed me a load to handle before the weekend.

Have fun and stay safe!

... and dry if possible :goofy:

• Member Contributer
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, Rush2112 said:

I'm out... work and weather conspired against me.  I started a new position on Monday and the VP handed me a load to handle before the weekend.

Have fun and stay safe!

... and dry if possible :goofy:

Sorry to hear that. I brought your fifth gen windscreen with me. Send me your address and the cost of shipping and it's yours.

On 5/17/2018 at 2:11 AM, wrestler said:

Thanks, Timmy.  I am glad you are nearer to us in Georgia now.  Maybe we can get together for some tale telling.

Wrestler

Natuurlik.

Archived