Mods

tayedrummer7

Am I the only one who can't stand that factory license plate holder? Going to add some tag lights maybe. Loving the sound of Cuffmans shorty, night and day with the baffle out, you can really hear the VTEC kick it. Going to change the windscreen to tinted; tint it myself. Thoughts?39655687313c1eb748fba09e43dbb161.jpg659b2d4611989fdf223ad49116afd777.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I find the Puig double bubble made the bike more stable and shifted the wind up .... it's tinted too

• Member Contributer

I like how that shorty exhaust reveals the beautiful wheel and I agree with Thumbs, I've seen the tinted Puig on VFRDave's bike and it looks very nice.  Since you're asking for opinions, IMO that vertical plate on the side doesn't look right to me on the 8th gen - plus it hides some of the wheel.  The tail tidy made by NZCam would be a better choice IMO, here's a pic of mine below.  What part of Fla are you in?

IMG_2195.thumb.JPG.bbff4a76f0093f3c44b118eab34cac10.JPG

I like how that shorty exhaust reveals the beautiful wheel and I agree with Thumbs, I've seen the tinted Puig on VFRDave's bike and it looks very nice.  Since you're asking for opinions, IMO that vertical plate on the side doesn't look right to me on the 8th gen - plus it hides some of the wheel.  The tail tidy made by NZCam would be a better choice IMO, here's a pic of mine below.  What part of Fla are you in?

Nice bike! I appreciate the feedback. I made play around with some more options. I'm in the space coast area.

Is that a custom seat cover, can't one for nothing smh...

If you're referring to the white part behind the driver seat, it is a cowl that replaces the passenger seat.  All Deluxes come with one, and I thought the standard did too.  But now that I look closer at your pictures, I see the ABS ring behind the rear rotor, so you clearly have a Deluxe (but obviously ditched the center stand).  I'm guessing you bought it used or you would have one.

You can get one from BikeBandit...

https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/detail/honda/77283-mjm-d00zc/b3276188?m=156360&sch=849117

If you're referring to the white part behind the driver seat, it is a cowl that replaces the passenger seat.  All Deluxes come with one, and I thought the standard did too.  But now that I look closer at your pictures, I see the ABS ring behind the rear rotor, so you clearly have a Deluxe (but obviously ditched the center stand).  I'm guessing you bought it used or you would have one.

You can get one from BikeBandit...
https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/detail/honda/77283-mjm-d00zc/b3276188?m=156360&sch=849117
No, I purchased it several months ago from Honda with zero miles. They had the deluxe but I didn't get it.

Ok, now that I see a standard with the same abs ring as the Deluxe, and the information from another thread about the speedo getting its signal from the rear abs ring, it makes sense. They use the same ring on both versions. 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, tayedrummer7 said:

Is that a custom seat cover, can't one for nothing smh...

It's just the OEM rear seat cowl as Dave indicated.  It's supposed to come with ALL 8th gens (along with 2 smaller pieces that fill in the gap where the grab handles connect when the handles are removed).  Go back to your dealer and get it - it's probably sitting in a box gathering dust on a shelf in their parts department :tongue:

It's just the OEM rear seat cowl as Dave indicated.  It's supposed to come with ALL 8th gens (along with 2 smaller pieces that fill in the gap where the grab handles connect when the handles are removed).  Go back to your dealer and get it - it's probably sitting in a box gathering dust on a shelf in their parts department tongue.png
Thank you- thank you will do!

It's just the OEM rear seat cowl as Dave indicated.  It's supposed to come with ALL 8th gens (along with 2 smaller pieces that fill in the gap where the grab handles connect when the handles are removed).  Go back to your dealer and get it - it's probably sitting in a box gathering dust on a shelf in their parts department tongue.png
Spoke with Honda, unless you purchased it as a single seat bike, then it would come with the cover and optional passenger handles.

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, tayedrummer7 said:

Spoke with Honda, unless you purchased it as a single seat bike, then it would come with the cover and optional passenger handles.

Never heard of this, sounds like utter bullsh@t. Since when can you purchase an 8gen with a single seat?????? As has been stated, the rear seat cowl, pillion grab handles, and grab handle cover plates, ALL come with your bike.

Sorry to say it but NZCam's tail tidy beats the pants off the one you've fitted, also if you ever carry a pillion passenger, what you've fitted might really get in the way. You've fitted a nice exhaust that vitually shows off all the rear wheel, the licence plate holder sadly takes a bit of that good looking wheel away - only my opinion. Also is it legal in the States that you can display a Licence Plate vertically??

Cheers.

Grum.

Never heard of this, sounds like utter bullsh@t. Since when can you purchase an 8gen with a single seat?????? As has been stated, the rear seat cowl, pillion grab handles, and grab handle cover plates, ALL come with your bike.

Sorry to say it but NZCam's tail tidy beats the pants off the one you've fitted, also if you ever carry a pillion passenger, what you've fitted might really get in the way. You've fitted a nice exhaust that vitually shows off all the rear wheel, the licence plate holder sadly takes a bit of that good looking wheel away - only my opinion. Also is it legal in the States that you can display a Licence Plate vertically??

Cheers.
Grum.
Well, I guess I'm out of luck on the seat and handle. No biggy, I'll get one (maybe). No issues with a passenger on the back. As far as the license place, I don't truly know, as long as it's visible and has a light on it. I've seen plenty of bikes with them; I'll take my chances, better than under the wheel well IMO.

• Member Contributer
19 hours ago, tayedrummer7 said:

Whoever you spoke to at Honda is either clueless or deliberately deceitful.  Grum's assessment of BS is 100% correct.  ALL 8th gens are supposed to come with the rear seat cowl.

I doubt you'll get hassled by the cops in Fla for the vertical plate.   I see that placement all the time on stretched 'Busas, customs, etc.

Whoever you spoke to at Honda is either clueless or deliberately deceitful.  Grum's assessment of BS is 100% correct.  ALL 8th gens are supposed to come with the rear seat cowl.

I doubt you'll get hassled by the cops in Fla for the vertical plate.   I see that placement all the time on stretched 'Busas, customs, etc.
Copy that... I'll probably go up the chain to see.

I have a standard and can tell you that it came with rear seat, cowl, handles, and handle covers. The handles were only installed by the dealer and immediately removed by me. There are no options or configurations on this bike besides standard and deluxe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

I have a standard and can tell you that it came with rear seat, cowl, handles, and handle covers. The handles were only installed by the dealer and immediately removed by me. There are no options or configurations on this bike besides standard and deluxe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto.  Someone wasn't telling you the truth about rear seat cowl and handles.  EVERY new 8th Gen. VFR comes with them.....except yours apparently.

Archived