KAWGRN

Just finished some touch up around the mirrors the rest is stock ,new demon sports and front fork bushings and seals, used a Gustafson shield, while it fit nice it didn't have the black around the bottom but I have since found a new screen with the black ,on the way, cleaned the carbs and installed a jet kit and it now purrs, also can't get my trip reset to work, will sent to Joel Levine and have him look at it, finally out of moth balls after a long hibernation!

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_1021.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond!

The "R's" little brother says hi too!

P8120574.thumb.jpg.df2b77759f322c593b282175ee2c7a63.jpg

Pity rearseat covers are as rare as hen's teeth for this model.....

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, Captain 80s said:

Cool!  Stripes on rear cowl have been modified too, I see.

Welcome.

Thought that too. I need to get on my other 4...where's the damn time?
Cool bike.

• 4 months later...

So I was on E Bay looking for some parts and I saw a vintage Hindle 4 into1 exhast system on the site, I let it sit for a while and saw the 80+ people watching it, after looking at the pictures of the corrosion on everything I decided to pass on it, Fast forward, I couldn’t help my self so I hit buy it now, after receiving it I was pleasantly surprised as the pipes were nickel plated and the muffler was just dusty, so I had the header ceramic coated in black and polished the muffler and am very pleased with the outcome, it’s my vintage bike so I wanted the vintage look, not a carbon fiber modern looking exhast,I think it looks great! I also bought on E Bay a right rear foot peg bracket and cut off the peg and contoured it so it’s the muffler hanger. Sorry to those who were watching the auction, You snooze you loose! I may sell my stock collector and the F-1 mufflers at some time not sure yet?

3CD6E56D-8858-4F85-A2C3-FDE716D122CD.jpeg

1A357EF3-087E-4AF0-A8FA-569208B30F6F.jpeg

E3263626-BE2F-4A6B-8E6E-074AA7F0F3FE.jpeg

37FDE223-2660-4229-94E5-DD12015BE4F6.jpeg

• Member Contributer

That looks great!  I did the same thing with a foot peg bracket on mine. 

I couldn't find a good picture, but I also modified a left passenger peg bracket as a shock remote reservoir mount.

full?d=1497290016

Yea I was looking after I mounted the muffler and it just didnt look right ,,,so in the band saw it went! Seemed like the right thing to do! The hindle is fairly quiet was surprised when I started it for the first time!

• Member Contributer

I thought it was pretty reasonable too.  I think the larger volume muffler helps.  Still has a very nice scream in the upper revs tho!

• Member Contributer

That is a great looking bike. Very nice work.

One of my R's has Kerkers on it, I' really don't like them. Harley guys cover their ears when I go by. The other R has F-1's, way down on the decibel scale, but I was over them also when I rode to California and back a few years ago.

Have never heard a Hindle on a V4. If you get a chance, it would be interesting to hear what it sounds like on your bike.

Edit. Welcome to the Board, should have said that first :)

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum from the Land Of Low Weather Expectation. That is a beautiful machine.

Archived