2018 VFRD SUMSUM 4

didit

• Member Contributer

I need to get one exactly the same, but with a huge tear drop running through it.  Green in colour as in envy.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
On 7/21/2018 at 11:18 PM, 34468Randy said:

I need to get one exactly the same, but with a huge tear drop running through it.  Green in colour as in envy.

+1!

A little slow on posting. Home safe and sound. Thanks to everyone who shared this great event. Thanks to Tony for an incredible job of organizing. I look forward to the next ride.

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
On 7/27/2018 at 11:49 AM, panamawing said:

Great pics and write up!  Thanks for sharing.

+1

• Member Contributer

All the photos are nice Belfry but that last one is quite majestic.  It really hits home in that one just how small our own things are in comparrison to Mother Earth. Fantastic.  Looks like you really enjoy our nature.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, 34468Randy said:

It really hits home in that one just how small our own things are in comparrison to Mother Earth. Fantastic.  Looks like you really enjoy our nature.

I started combining bike tours and hiking about 15 years ago. That shot of the Wasatch range was taken after 2,500 feet of elevation gain--a lot of switchbacks were ... back switched by that point.  I haven't found a way (or a camera) to adequately capture steep grades in photos.  But to your point:  180 degrees from where that photo was taken was this:

6Peq0VO.jpg

The summit of Mt. Timpanogos.  We didn't go all the way to the top.  We were already three hours in and though we started early, the temps were getting high and water was low.   On the way down, we started to catch up to some other hikers.  Speaking of small, insignificant things:  They're the little dots of colour on the trail. :smile:

IE6B8Lz.jpg

A few years ago I was discussing summer holidays with a neighbour. She said: "So you must really like Neil Peart."  I knew Peart was the drummer for Rush, but I thought it was a bit of a non sequitur until she explained that he had written some books about motorcycle touring, hiking--and playing stadium rock concerts.  She lent me her copy of Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road.  It was written after his wife and daughter died.  He took to the road to work things out.  He rides a BMW GS, but don't hold that against him. :wink:  I read another of his books (Roadshow:  Landscape with Drums, a Concert Tour by Motorcycle), where he rides between Rush gigs.  I'm only a moderate Rush fan, but in those books he mostly avoids the rock lifestyle and writes about riding and hiking.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Axel_7 said:

Phil next time we meetup ask me about Neil and a story about a route home from SUMSUM2

Having read all Neil's books, I'm a little upset I was sitting next to you with a beer and didn't get to hear this story.  Damn.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

You guys still know how to throw a good one.  I may have to drive my new 4 wheels to the next one.

Ride Safe!

ki-speed (Mark)

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, ki-speed said:

You guys still know how to throw a good one.  I may have to drive my new 4 wheels to the next one.

ki-speed (Mark)

Great to see you post up.  You missed a doozy.  It'd be great to see you at any meet.  No need to wait for (if) a SumSum5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Sweeper said:

18c73ec8c36e1e0925e9013c293b7953.jpg:sad:

I hate to toss a good souvenir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inspirational! Brilliant Didit and Sweaper. Wish I'd been there.:sad:

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Sweeper said:

I hate to toss a good souvenir.

Mine is my key chain.  So many good uses for a rubber . . . . . . band.

If you get bored, no need to toss:  stretch - launch - retrieve - repeat

• Like 2