e0b794602d3350461f0f65589f5d5a57.jpg

f01bc79acfeea0e0acd5566217e2cc1f.jpg

0848f6e44ae7147145702a040e41b775.jpg

Always sad to have to say goodbye and start heading home
And great meeting some new faces this trip

Derek

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

These go by so quickly.  What a trip over the Rockies with Derek, Tammy, Rob, Craig, Darren, Jeff and Al.  So great riding and hanging out with you all.   I'd do it again next week.   You're the best.   

Saw old friends and made new ones.   My special thanks to Corner Carver for letting me sample some real hp and to the Carver clan for diving in on our dead stators.  VFRD at its best.

Obligatory Rushmore shot . . . 

20180712_112320.jpg

• Like 4

• Member Contributer

It was an incredible event.

Just a few highlights for now, with more to come once we're home.

- Huge bow in respect to Fred & Lisa (huntinggunns & VcFR) for the rescue run.

- To all the superior mechanically inclined Carvers, Qdawg VeeferCanuk and others, helping to perform 2 parking lot stator-ectomies, a chain relink & install plus several other tunes, tweaks and fittings.

- OUTSTANDING hospitality from Don & Brenda the owners of the Rocket Motel (everyone needs to post 5******* on google & trip adviser for them)

- The many helping hands to make the event such a smooth operation, best in 9 years.

I'm sure a flood of pics will follow as everyone departed today.

• Like 5

• Member Contributer

Rangemaster and I made it across Nebraska and most of East Colorado, parting ways at 2:40p in Limon, CO. I just rolled into the garage at 4p.

Tony was right it was a great event.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, didit said:

It was an incredible event.

Just a few highlights for now, with more to come once we're home.

- Huge bow in respect to Fred & Lisa (huntinggunns & VcFR) for the rescue run.

- To all the superior mechanically inclined Carvers, Qdawg VeeferCanuk and others, helping to perform 2 parking lot stator-ectomies, a chain relink & install plus several other tunes, tweaks and fittings.

- OUTSTANDING hospitality from Don & Brenda the owners of the Rocket Motel (everyone needs to post 5******* on google & trip adviser for them)

- The many helping hands to make the event such a smooth operation, best in 9 years.

I'm sure a flood of pics will follow as everyone departed today.

And Tony,

Thanks to you, without which none of this would have happened.   You never dissappoint - fantastic job as always. 

Safe travels home.  

• Like 4

bbd07e45f23b090492211413f2af3721.jpg
Currently traversing the flats at redonkulous speeds. Pics later. For now...it was EPIC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

Tammy works on cornering skills in the parking lot while Mr Carver instructs and 4 other volunteers lean the bike so she can get the feel of it.   

The Carvers play tug of war with CagelessinSeattles stator wire.  Those things are a real PITA on a 6th gen, but were no match for a determined bunch of VFRD attendees.  Lots of hands pitching in on that  one. 

Finally the Rocket near sunset.   It was neat as a pin and the owners were super hosts.  I needed a battery for my cell phone - the closest availble was in Rapid City an hour away.   They offered to pick it up for me as they were headed there later in the day.   You won't find that at a chain hotel.  They were super nice people,  and good cooks too!!

20180712_070649.jpg

20180712_144214.jpg

20180712_200004.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Top photo

Progress on the stator transplant continues as Mini Carver works diligently.   No one would leave for the closing dinner until this work was complete.  

2nd photo

Tammy sews another patch on to her riding jacket.

3rd

Everyone watched with interest while cornering techniques were discussed.

Bottom,

A riding buddy of mine (5th gen owner) died in his sleep last year at the way too young age of 49.   He had emigrated from Ireland and motorcycles were his life as well as livelihood.   The sticker I received at his funeral went on my windscreen so he could ride along.   He would have loved it.   

20180712_143525.jpg

20180712_143222.jpg

20180712_070426.jpg

20180711_064937.jpg

• Like 4

• Member Contributer

Tammy has posted a link to a album with tons of photos on Vfrd people on Facebook for those that are not FB Friends

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

More socializing before the closing dinner.   Didit packs some tough questions for the prizes - I wish I'd studied.   The last thing on my mind prior to leaving home was that I would need to be able to spell "Fahrenheit " . . . :unsure:

20180712_070456.jpg

20180712_171830.jpg

20180712_071525.jpg

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

I so wished I was able to be there.  Is this an annual event or bi-annual event? Depending on just when it happens, I may be recovered enough from up coming hip surgery to make it next year. That will be the goal anyway.

• Member Contributer

Made it home last night at 11:15 pm, rattling clutch and all, after parting ways with panamawing and Lee2002. Thanks to Tony for allowing me to register late and for organizing a super event. This was my first big VFRD ride, and I had an absolute blast! I don't think I've ever met a nicer group of people. 

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

The Carver Clan just pullover into Casa de Carver and unloaded the bikes from the trailer, 21 hours after we left yesterday.  Pics to follow.

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

A gusty ride up from Warland to Helena with Jeff, Cora-lynn, Al & Craig.  Nothing but beauty weather all the way.

So good to hear a chime in that everyone (so far) is making it home safe.

Hope I can access Tammy's FB photo album?

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, Cogswell said:

And Tony,

Thanks to you, without which none of this would have happened.   You never dissappoint - fantastic job as always. 

Safe travels home.  

Dittos to Tony. I was not there but can only imagine half of the effort it took to put this shin-dig on. Despite not attending - we all benefit from the generosity of Tony and others on this forum. Thank you. 

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

Tony RE activate your FB ACCOUNT and it will be easy to find it and voila Remember click album name to see all of them. Rob and the two of us had a great day from Cody thru Yellowstone Early and them up to the Berkley pit in Butte then back to Missoula where will part ways till next adventure

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Axel_7 said:

Tony RE activate your FB ACCOUNT and it will be easy to find it and voila Remember click album name to see all of them. Rob and the two of us had a great day from Cody thru Yellowstone Early and them up to the Berkley pit in Butte then back to Missoula where will part ways till next adventure

There is no spoon.   RE there is no FB account for me.  I'll rely on peeking over the shoulders of others to check this out.

Hoping your Yellowstone tour was better than our unintentional route tour.  Rule 2: Never route through Yellowstone.

Safe and exciting journey wishes to you.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

f5c912cb30d67860dbb1783468845845.jpg

Yellowstone was great almost zero traffic up to the Old faithfull. You just have to get up early

• Like 3