Custer, SD

Host Hotel/ Location: The Rocket Motel  -  Reserved under VFRD SumSum 4

Gathering & Meal(s) will be hosted at their Gazebo out back

Tuesday, July 10th: Arrivals

Wednesday, July 11th: Area Rides

Thursday, July 12th: Area Rides/ Dinner/ Wrap up

Friday, July 13th: Departures

UPDATE:

June 23 - My attempt at uploading the day route gps files.  They were created in TYRE and are .gpx files. (right click and download.)  Good for TomTom & Garmin

Devils Day.gpx

Finding Nemo.gpx

Minuteman Tour.gpx

I'm not responsible for errors in how it uploads to your system, missing waypoints or unknown gravel roads (except for jfviffer). If a MOD wishes to edit, should I have done this wrong, I believe I uploaded the files to the 'Routes and Custom POI's' in the downloads section.

June 14th - Itineraries mailed with name tags.  If you have your pouch from SS3, please use that - otherwise, please remember to bring your name badge and a neck pouch.

I'll see if I have any left over from previous, but just in case (boy scouts) come prepared.

- Confirmed Thurs. dinner, being catered by Don at the Rocket.  I can smell it already!

June 10 - Shirt order confirmed.  Event added to VFRD Calendar - add your RSVP if you like.

June 1 -  Registration closed and time to finalize the orders.

- Rice Honda Suzuki in Rapid City has come on as the Bike Shop Sponsor!!  Pre-order your tires 2 weeks (or earlier) before the meet and get 35% off!!!

800-841-3706 and ask for Jon (parts mgr).  More to come on this.  RiceHondaSuzuki

- Logo finalized and ready for shirts & stuff orders.

May 21 - just getting the shirt order organized (style, quantity, etc).  Will be removing the registration link on June 1st to process.

- logo for signature icon will be forthcoming.

- once I have it completed, I will email an event itinerary to everyone who registered, including maps.  Happy to post GPS route files if interested.  

NOTES:

- If you are trailering your bike(s) please inform Brenda or Don when booking so they can arrange/ reserve space.

REGISTERED ATTENDEES:

didit

CVVFR

rangemaster

Axel_7

Tammy

gswanson

Willy

BCAI

huntinggunns

VcFR

vfrcapn

HispanicSlammer

jimbob

Cageless-in-Seattle

Lee2002

Veefer800canuck

MaxSwell

shade

Grizfan

YYCviffer

Q-DawgVFR

Dragonfly

NodakVFR

Radar

Radarn't

Sparrow 75

Belfry

Cogswell

Jfviffer

COS_VFR

panamawing

huskysooner

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

SUMSUM goers   please start booking rooms... If things change you can always cancel.

We just booked and Took Room #20 

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Thank you for the reminder, Derek.

Knew I was forgetting something lately.

Just booked for Erin and I.

See you all there!:)

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, Cageless-in-Seattle said:

Room booked... 

Brenda (hotel owner) requested that if someone is going to trailer their motorcycle, to please mention it when reserving a room so that parking can be made available.

Thanks for checking in & mentioning this.   Lead post edited

There is space available along side and behind the motel for trailer/ vehicles.

• Member Contributer
3 minutes ago, Axel_7 said:

We added the Thursday night just in case. Will cancel if we plan on route back earlier

I should hope so?  Thursday night will be the wind up dinner and parking lot proceedings.

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, didit said:

I should hope so?  Thursday night will be the wind up dinner and parking lot proceedings.

Might be best to note that Friday is the official departure day.  I was reading the July 10-12 as meaning the departure (checkout) date was Thursday. 

• Member Contributer
17 minutes ago, Cageless-in-Seattle said:

Might be best to note that Friday is the official departure day.  I was reading the July 10-12 as meaning the departure (checkout) date was Thursday. 

Thanks yet again Kevin.  Lead post edited.

Derek & I will be celebrating our 10th year riding with VFRD friends ! This time I’ll be riding my own little Honda. A wee bit ambitious for my first multi day tour but I’m stoked !! Thanks for setting SumSum up again Tony! See y’all soon ! 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Tammy said:

Derek & I will be celebrating our 10th year riding with VFRD friends ! This time I’ll be riding my own little Honda. A wee bit ambitious for my first multi day tour but I’m stoked !! Thanks for setting SumSum up again Tony! See y’all soon ! 

A few repeats of the Duffy Lake Loop next year will solidify you, and you'll be golden!

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Booked for the trailer I do not yet own.  I'll probably add a day on the end but have not yet decided.  The trailer I plan to own will also be a track day trailer with some sleeping accommodations so I can just sleep the last night in the trailer.  It shall be grand!

• Member Contributer
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:06 PM, Lee 2002 said:

OK.     Lee2002 has reserved room #23

First dibs on the second bed goes to perpetual SumSum roomie, gswanson.

You know I'm in!  Can't wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:13 PM, Tammy said:

Nice bike (the colors even right).  Have fun / be safe.

Mark

• Member Contributer

What sort of temperatures are to be expected in this region at that time of year?

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, 007 said:

What sort of temperatures are to be expected in this region at that time of year?

Warm to warmer.  Last year, we had a little rain (on the way there and 1 stormy night) but very comfortable.

(F) 80° - 90° during the day: Shorts & T shirts

50° - 57° during the evening: perhaps jeans & a light jacket/ long sleeve

If it's sunny - wear sun screen, hat & shades

If it rains - wear a jacket & shades

If it's cool - wear jeans, a jacket & shades

If it's hot - strip down to shorts & your shades

• Member Contributer

Booked #32 this morning. Dates look good so far and looking forward to meeting folks.