3rd/4th gen brembo upgrade

17 hours ago, 750 said:

TBF Candy, he's right. A true radial is completely parallel. The Yammy efforts are between radial and axial. I'd still argue it's radial though!

But either way, how're you finding the stopping power? I'm using an axial Bandit 1250 unit (14mm) and it's arguably not grabbing as hard as I'd expect from supersport calipers. I realise pads have an effect but even when hot, they just don't stop anywhere near as frantically as the Brembo's on the VFR. I'm contemplating getting a Brembo RCS19, but it's a big outlay if there's nothing in it between the RCS and the Yammy efforts.

The stopping power with the 04-06 R1 swap is phenomenal. Excellent feel as well. Very easy to modulate and not overly touchy either. 
Part of me wants to upgrade to 2011-2016 gsxr brembos, but it would be purely aesthetic, as I am more than happy with this set up.

• Member Contributer

Brembos out of suzuki are not an upgrade compare to the 4 pot (sumitomo) yamaha  , sure "brembo" logo will look more exotic :happy:

even the M4 out of the cbr1000rr sp/sp1/sp2  family are honda specs  , may a 3% more bite  than the yamy  oem

I`m using R1M calipers on my three MT 

On 10/9/2017 at 3:43 PM, CandyRedRC46 said:

The stopping power with the 04-06 R1 swap is phenomenal. Excellent feel as well. Very easy to modulate and not overly touchy either. 
Part of me wants to upgrade to 2011-2016 gsxr brembos, but it would be purely aesthetic, as I am more than happy with this set up.

The mass produced Brembo stuff is like the off the shelf Ohlins gear you get on the "flagship" models of various bikes. They tend to be a one size fits all solution to add a bit of bling. Admittedly better than what you'd normally get, but not a patch on what you'd get from either manufacturer if you bought their proper aftermarket bits.

I'm looking at buying an '06 R6 MC, not cheap, but not as expensive as an RCS19...worth a punt and can sell on if I don't find any improvement.

3 hours ago, Ghostrider1127 said:

those Mc are fitted in plenty of  bikes 

Ducati , ktm , benelli , kawasaki , yamaha , triumph , aprilia

Good to know, opens the options a bit! The piston sizes are 30/34 on the calipers so I'll do a bit of maths but I think a 16mm radial MC would give a good ratio. TBH the 14mm axial from the GSXR1000 front end is working a treat. Having seen your post about the alternative calipers, I came across this...might ask Father Xmas for https://www.omniaracing.net/en/discacciati-racing-naked-radial-master-cylinder-front-brake-pump-with-stop-switch-p-5579.html

The radial that comes on the R6 these calipers are from is 16mm.

It's not just down to MC piston diameter, there's way more to it than that. Also feel preference is a big factor.

Archived