2018 SumSum4 Location

didit

2018 SumSum 4 Location  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to attend the 2018 SumSum 4? This poll will close Friday, 29th at 6PM. Event dates TBD on location

• Dillon, CO - A throw back to where it all started
    • Custer, SD - A new location, offering a chance to check out multiple, monumental sites

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2017 at 01:00 AM

• Member Contributer

Recently (this spring) moved from Toronto to Calgary. For 5 years we rode out from Toronto to western Canada anyway so might as well move to where we like to ride. Know another couple who we just turned onto VFR's since we got here. She has new 8th Gen white VFR 800 and he has a 6th Gen black one he just bought last week. I'll see if I can't get a group shot before the shit weather hits here and haul out with the four of us to this event in 2018.

Sure enough took this picture Friday and we had snow Sunday night. Hopefully we make the ride to SD this spring.

VFR Friends.JPG

• Member Contributer

A coin flip decided my vote, both are great locations. I will never get tired of riding in CO and a trip to Deadwood is on my itinerary. Looking forward to either location.

• Member Contributer

Well, that was a close one.  Looks like we're going to Custer, SD.

Sturgis 2018 is  from Aug 3rd, so the dates are as follows.

The 2018 SumSum 4 will be hosted July 10th to 13th.

Arrivals on Tues 10th, day rides Wed & Thurs 11-12, Wrap up Thursday night.  Departures on Friday 13th.

First priority will be to secure accommodation room blocks and sponsorship.  Once I have that, I'll start the official thread.

This will be followed by a registration page somewhere (most likely Eventbright).

I don't think I'll be able to utilize PayPal this year, as I've had some major issues with them and no longer use that account.

I'll figure out a new means when needed, unless anyone has any suggestions?

• Member Contributer

I'm just glad there will be another ride with you Fabulous Folks. I was coerced to wingman my HD riding buddy to Sturgis this past August. It was okay through Custer State Park but the speed limit is low and roads were very crowded. Colorado would have been my choice but being too late to vote I'm with the crowd. It is closer so that will be great.

At 600 miles from Minneapolis it would be a two-day trip for me unless MotorMike is dragging me at a young man's pace. I will still be waiting for this ride With Wild Anticipation.

I'll be bringing Mister Happy with me this time. Y'all have been warned. 

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Warning noted. I don't know anything about your Mister Happy and I won't bother to ask.

This ride sounds like it shouldn't be missed after Corner Carver's description of the SD area from his exploits.  This sounds like a job for the CB500X or whatever is it's replacement.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, 007 said:

Warning noted. I don't know anything about your Mister Happy and I won't bother to ask.

This ride sounds like it shouldn't be missed after Corner Carver's description of the SD area from his exploits.  This sounds like a job for the CB500X or whatever is it's replacement.

MH is an inside joke/surprise.

• Member Contributer

Great idea Lee! Do you have the one from UTMC? That is one of my faves.

We could advertise that we are long-lost twins separated at birth. Or would that be too obvious? 

I can hardly wait to chase you through the hills pal. 

I don't have that one... but I will!

It is the one time every three years I get to really get a drunk on and make a total doofus of myself.    I think Didit has really missed the opportunity to bill this as free entertainment.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MaxSwell said:

I can hardly wait to chase you through the hills pal. 

I'm not riding ahead of you just to clear a path through the deer.   You ain't going to suck me into that mess.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
25 minutes ago, Lee 2002 said:

I'm not riding ahead of you just to clear a path through the deer.   You ain't going to suck me into that mess.

Rats. I mean, Hooved Forest Rats! Oh Deer!  I'll guess I'll just have to keep looking for cow deer catcher elsewhere.

Hey! Let's get Mikey! (J/K MotorMike)

• Haha 1

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Rats. I mean, Hooved Forest Rats! Oh Deer!  I'll guess I'll just have to keep looking for cow deer catcher elsewhere.

Hey! Let's get Mikey! (J/K MotorMike)

You could try adapting something like this to your 5th gen:

energy-absorber.jpg

Or maybe try to blend in:

0cfd6b550c85b9a5104930416721427c.jpg

Here's hoping you make it safe and sound whichever method you choose!

• Member Contributer
17 minutes ago, Belfry said:

You could try adapting something like this to your 5th gen:

Or maybe try to blend in:

Here's hoping you make it safe and sound whichever method you choose!

Thanks Belfry. Those are funny. The guy in the fur looks like he just rode through a herd of 'um. I wonder if Bambi's mom propositioned him. 

I like the one with the Gatling guns mounted.

image.jpeg.59abc2d07eef31f833b131919948a42b.jpeg

• Member Contributer
On 10/1/2017 at 8:47 PM, MaxSwell said:

At 600 miles from Minneapolis it would be a two-day trip for me unless MotorMike is dragging me at a young man's pace. I will still be waiting for this ride With Wild Anticipation.

Mot sure if i can go due to the dates.

Maybe we should all rent Harleys.

Whomever is on logo design for Summer Summit 4, there are four M's in the title, which could symbolize mountain peaks.

\m/  \m/

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, motormike said:

Mot sure if i can go due to the dates.

Maybe we should all rent Harleys.

Whomever is on logo design for Summer Summit 4, there are four M's in the title, which could symbolize mountain peaks.

\m/  \m/

I sure hope you can make it MotorMike. You are a fabulous wingman.

The HD rental is a joke but I''m not sure I'm capable of riding one of those big beasts. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Didit.... are we going to make any formal announcements on this event...

Can you tell my insurance is off the bike and missing my riding buddy's already.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
On 10/3/2017 at 4:13 PM, MaxSwell said:

I sure hope you can make it MotorMike. You are a fabulous wingman.

The HD rental is a joke but I''m not sure I'm capable of riding one of those big beasts. 

I don't know how they go that slow and not fall over with all the vibration and noise distracting from the task at hand.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Part of what we have to look forward to.... https://roadtrippers.com/trips/17510570?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=Weekly_Email&utm_campaign=112817

I will bring a V4 even though the flat 6 is much more comfortable on the crap sections on the way across the country. Let me know if anyone from the southeast/mid-atlantic want to gather at casa de carver for group ride across.

• Member Contributer
On 10/24/2017 at 10:07 AM, Axel_7 said:

Didit.... are we going to make any formal announcements on this event...

Can you tell my insurance is off the bike and missing my riding buddy's already.

Thread Link

• Member Contributer

Booked a non-smoking room today with a Friday departure. 

Brenda (hotel owner) requested that if someone is trailering their motorcycle to please mention it when reserving a room so that enough parking will be made available for everyone.  

Once again, thanks Tony for all you've done and continue to do.

Kevin