2018 SumSum4 Location

didit

2018 SumSum 4 Location  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to attend the 2018 SumSum 4? This poll will close Friday, 29th at 6PM. Event dates TBD on location

• Dillon, CO - A throw back to where it all started
    • Custer, SD - A new location, offering a chance to check out multiple, monumental sites

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2017 at 01:00 AM

• Member Contributer

Custer is twice the distance from my house. 2 day ride there. "But Honey, don't pick where they hold these, I just go." I voted for Custer. 

PS: I know that's nothing milage for some of you guys, but it's the time off that is a killer for me. 

• Member Contributer

I just voted for Custer even though I spent 3 days in the area this summer on my way home from the Arctic Circle.  There are some amazing roads in that area and I only rode most of them in one direction.  

• Member Contributer

Voted for Custer.  Colorado is great, but I've been there twice now for SumSum2 and 3.  I was through South Dakota on a bike in 2004: Custer, Rapid City, Sturgis, Deadwood, Spearfish--lots of nice roads.  Just need to avoid the pirate festival ...

• Member Contributer

I voted S.D. and I hope I can make it. After moving up here to Montana, I'm starting over on vacation time. I had a great time at SUMSUM 2, and met a lot of great people. I'll try to make wherever it ends up. Thanks to you, and your staff of helpers Tony, that makes this possible.

This is tough because I love seeing new places. Dillon however holds a big part of my heart, in part because there were so many people that were able to attend. So my answer is ...I'm happy to ride where masses are. Great idea on the poll Tony !! 

• Like 1

I voted for South Dakota.  

For me, South Dakota is about 120 miles more than CO, so that is pretty much a wash.   I like the idea of seeing some sights that I haven't seen since I was a kid and hopefully some new things along the way.

I am concerned with the traffic and congestion in that area, but it is still my choice.  Below is a google street view from the area as I explored the region electronically.

image.thumb.png.084cecc10f00a67e97753b4688728041.png

• Member Contributer

I voted for Dillon, but I'm game for either.  I too wonder how thick the pirates would be regardless of the date.  Lee's picture is not encouraging.

• Like 1

My vote is Dillion as well and I share the same pirate density concerns with Mr Swanson regarding the  Custer location. It very well may be like the time Hog tie was  during Blues Barbeque weekend concurrently at Fayetteville

if the date is mid August I would go to either though

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

We were there in July before Sturgis and had no problems with Cruiser traffic.

Not certain but I believe a Custer meet would be in July.

Perhaps Tony can confirm.

• Member Contributer

Custer is my choice, about the same distance for us. Always looking to see new things. Ultimately, no matter where it is held, it'll be great to see the northern group again. I can't vote on my phone so I'll log in tonight when I get home and cast my ballot.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

I couldn't decide so voted for Dillon because its closer to Nor Cal. I'm good with either really,  on the other hand be nice to see somewhere new.

Looking Fwd to seeing every one again.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

OK, just for the sake of . . . .

The dates for Custer would most likely be July 11-13 (Wed - Fri) or 10 - 12, or 10 - 13.

This is 2-3 weeks before the shit show in Sturgis and before it turns into Harley Central.

The traffic in the area was minimal for tourist and you could get a seat just about anywhere for lunch/ dinner.

Lest we forget, not a few miles away from Dillon (in Silverton) was the women's Harley Riders meet the week around when we were there in '09.

I'm happy with either location.  Whatever ya'll decide is what I will organize, so it's one less thing I get blamed for  need to decide on.

Just get a hold of everyone, bump this thread and VOTE.  Don't get trumped into something or wish you woulda coulda shoulda cause you didnt' vote.

I voted Dillon not cause it's closer. I love Black Hills but from my experiences, July is a camper and minivan shit show, in addition to near 90 degree weather. Lots of slow twisty stuff out there but if you are stuck behind row of minivans on a hot day vs warm 70 degrees on Colorado mountain passes. Think about it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, didit said:

OK, just for the sake of . . . .

The dates for Custer would most likely be July 11-13 (Wed - Fri) or 10 - 12, or 10 - 13.

This is 2-3 weeks before the shit show in Sturgis and before it turns into Harley Central.

The traffic in the area was minimal for tourist and you could get a seat just about anywhere for lunch/ dinner.

Lest we forget, not a few miles away from Dillon (in Silverton) was the women's Harley Riders meet the week around when we were there in '09.

I'm happy with either location.  Whatever ya'll decide is what I will organize, so it's one less thing I get blamed for  need to decide on.

Just get a hold of everyone, bump this thread and VOTE.  Don't get trumped into something or wish you woulda coulda shoulda cause you didnt' vote.

Thanks Tony! It’ll be a blast! 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I voted Custer, as it's marginally closer and Rob and I barely got a taste of it on the way back from SumSum1 and I would love to explore the area more.

That being said, I would love Dillon again and want to go back sometime.

So either choice is good.  I just hope I/we can figure out a way to attend this year as "we" can't bike together anymore.  Missed everyone this summer!  Not wanting to miss out next year.

• Like 1