Fuel pumps

hitsoundz

Hi all. I'm looking to replace either my fuel pump or the whole assembly. Mine is seized i believe and once going an 04 assembly that looks good. It looks exactly like my 99. Does anyone know if there are issues using the newer pumps on a 99? This is an oem assembly. Thanks!

Mike

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

The pump in the 5th Gen appears to be the same as in the 6th Gen.  The problem seems to be that with the 6th Gen VFR Honda stopped selling the fuel pump separately, you can only buy it as part of the Fuel Pump Assembly.  So if you've got a fuel pump that was taken from a 6th Gen VFR it should fit and work in the 5th Gen Fuel Pump Assembly. 

That's what i thought..but i just bought a new pump to use in my assembly. There's a place near me that has an awesome web site parts section where you can cross reference parts from different years all with schematics etc. http://www.delamomotorsports.com. go to the real website (not mobile) and look under parts you'll see the link. It has helped me a ton in looking at cross compatibility.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Archived