OEM Honda Hand Protectors!?

Ohlias

Hello folks

In my interweb searches for 45L Top Boxes, I came across the following German Accessory catalog listing this item:

59c2ae948facf_handguards.png.e83fafb201d421030e5c41dccf221667.png

I found it here (2017 VFR800 accessory catalog):  http://www.honda.de/content/dam/local/germany/motorcycles/pdf/zubehoer/Zubehoer_VFR800F_2017-04.pdf

Google translate says:

Handprotector set
!Not suitable for vehicles before 2016.

Has anyone used these or seen them? Can you post some pics of them installed? Why wouldn't they work on 2014-15? 

I'd love to have a set as I live in the great white north and the first thing that gets cold are my hands even with the warmers (palms are warm, but fingers cold!) Brrrr... ;)

• Member Contributer

I have a set of Barkbusters on my VFR800X for colder weather riding. Don't know if they'll fit the 800F but I can't imagine why not as they're a "universal fit".

barkbusters-blizzard-hand-guard-right-si

nice find wish i could read german haha. do they fit our bike? can anyone confirm? i know powerbronze makes something like it but i dont like the way they install.

i just google translated it and no not for bikes before 2016 so only for 2016 and up

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
1 hour ago, fatshoutybloke said:

Maybe, like the picture of the rack immediately to the left, they're intended for the 800X?

The picture if the rack to the left is a 1200F with that seat. The 800X has a split seat front and rear.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, fatshoutybloke said:

Even stranger to find it there then!

Indeed. Makes you wonder if Honda have a clue what they're doing sometimes.

Archived