Golden / Silver State 2017 - Oct 6, 7, 8 - Kernville, CA

BrianF

Oh yes, you read that right. We're doing it again, for the 4th year running.

As always, the plan is to meet in Kernville on Friday night, October 6th - yeah yeah, better late than never. How you get there is up to you, and book your own rooms unless you want to sleep at a shady bar. Stay at the Kernville Inn (11042 Kernville Rd), beer, pizza, etc. Then, it's shitty pre-ride breakfast and party time:

Saturday: Kernville to Shaver Lake (https://goo.gl/maps/dzuKrxMzX4N2) - traditionally we stay at the Shaver Lake Hotel find a room wherever you can!

Sunday: Shaver Lake to wherever you came from (https://goo.gl/maps/yuaV5SkDC1C2)

As always you're welcome to join and peel off as you please, just let us know your plan. Speeding, passing on double yellows, and cutting the huge line at the Kings Canyon park entrance are encouraged but not required. 

Motivation:

29059283674_8dc2a69999_b.jpg

29604575401_642676ac12_b.jpg

29604657871_25c1d294fb_b.jpg

29650097346_234719bf1f_b.jpg

29604663861_30d887b412_b.jpg

IN:

BrianF (Herding Cats)

Duc2V4 (Saturday Arrival)

St. Stephen (too cool for Friday)

RC1237V (egg man)

crazybrother (Shaver Saturday)

sfdownhill (5th gen reppin)

Maybe:

thepretender (testing the waters)

OUT: 

tc339 (staying employed)

RichVee4 (staying married)

MonicaVee4 (see RichVee4)

VFR Capt. Bob (funding renovations)

bayarearider (Pacifica Prison)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Last year was great. I'm working to resolve a conflict w track days in Vegas Oct 7-8. It's good to see the riffraff beginning to chime in for this epic ride.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, sfdownhill said:

Last year was great. I'm working to resolve a conflict w track days in Vegas Oct 7-8. It's good to see the riffraff beginning to chime in for this epic ride.

Riffraff?? Who you calling riffraff? 

Oh, that's right, I don't own a vfr anymore. Cue the Time Warp...

• Member Contributer

Hey Noel! You can be Riff if i can remain Raff. Sorry to hear you've moved on from the 7th gen. The Multistrada sounds like a close substitute - are you following in Crazybrother's footsteps?

• Member Contributer
56 minutes ago, sfdownhill said:

Hey Noel! You can be Riff if i can remain Raff. Sorry to hear you've moved on from the 7th gen. The Multistrada sounds like a close substitute - are you following in Crazybrother's footsteps?

Hey Lance, yes I guess I am following crazybro, although red not white. See my post Talking to Myself in Other Motorcycle Talk, perhaps that will explain my vfr defection.

So, cancel that track day in Vegas and join the tribe in the Sierras! Cuz now you know you won't be the only one in a stitch.  :cool:

• Member Contributer

Your 'Talking to Myself' thread had me laughing out loud for real, not just a polite lol for the Aerostitch reference. Had a definite Richard Bach feel to it. That last comment from '2012 you' had a lot of subtext; I've heard several guys say they never slept with a 5th gen that didn't provide an exhilarating experience [Insert reference to impending divorce here].

• Member Contributer

I have a pending heavy work comittment starting in October sometime. Timing may be just right for me to go before  it starts. Still have all my gear ready from my last solo moto ride to Mammoth and Yosemite handy. I vowed to get another trip in before winter. Sequoias is just right. 

20170825_130726.jpg

20170826_105105.jpg

• Member Contributer

I checked here Tuesday afternoon, and no action. Gotta be quick on your feet, 2 days and all the rooms are booked at Shaver Lake - not staying in the bunk house............had to book at Musick Creek down the street...........

19 hours ago, VFR Capt.Bob said:

I have a pending heavy work comittment starting in October sometime. Timing may be just right for me to go before  it starts. Still have all my gear ready from my last solo moto ride to Mammoth and Yosemite handy. I vowed to get another trip in before winter. Sequoias is just right. 

Sounds good, just keep us posted. I'll put you as a "maybe" for now.

14 hours ago, RC1237V said:

I checked here Tuesday afternoon, and no action. Gotta be quick on your feet, 2 days and all the rooms are booked at Shaver Lake - not staying in the bunk house............had to book at Musick Creek down the street...........

Damn! Guess we better get our s--t together (not one of my skills)

• Member Contributer

As soon as I get home, I'll book a room...I hope! At work and caught a quick break and posting this from my phone.

• Member Contributer

Well I got home very late and just procrastinated on looking into getting a room. I did however call this morning and found that the Musick Creek had one space left but it is a 2 story unit with 3 queen beds for $180.00/night. Anybody want to share this? He said it had a fridge, microwave, etc. If anybody wants to split this, I think time is of the essence!

• Member Contributer

Rather than risk losing the room, I booked it. Hopefully those who haven't booked theirs yet can just share this cabin with me. I have 48  hours before the date to cancel, so if you're hemming and hawing, please don't wait too long. Although I don't mind having a huge place to myself, I'd rather not have to pay the for the whole lot if I don't have to.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Duc2V4 said:

Rather than risk losing the room, I booked it. Hopefully those who haven't booked theirs yet can just share this cabin with me. I have 48  hours before the date to cancel, so if you're hemming and hawing, please don't wait too long. Although I don't mind having a huge place to myself, I'd rather not have to pay the for the whole lot if I don't have to.

Cheers!

Hells yeah, count me in to share. Sweet find!

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, BrianF said:

Hells yeah, count me in to share. Sweet find!

Sweet. I'm sure there's plenty of room for more, although I didn't ask for the square footage was. He said 3 queen beds and 2 stories, hopefully that meant the building and that he's not going to read us a couple of stories before bed.:ohmy:

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, BrianF said:

Sweet find!

+1, nice!.

I'll bet that crazybro and/or tc will be happy to join your new frat house. You might want to text or pm them (if you haven't already), they may not check this site until it's too late. 

• Member Contributer

Looks like sfdownhill will be taking the third bed. So hopefully he'll chime in to let you all know he's going.

• Member Contributer

I just found out about this... Hey, I'll take that third bed if available... And if anyone else has a two bed room in Kernville I'll take that one too... Please let me know. Text me at 916-802-3737

As I don't get email notifications from VFRD so I won't know if anyone has replied to this thread.

Thanks guy's

• Member Contributer

Yessir, I'll be trying to keep tc339, BrianF, Duc2V4, and the rest of you in sight Oct 7-8. Duc2V4, I'm in on the 3rd bed Saturday - thanks for tracking down lodging in Shaver.

I got a double room in Kernville for Fri night, and texted crazybrother to see if he wants to share quarters Friday.

• Member Contributer
On 9/14/2017 at 6:53 PM, RC1237V said:

I'm in, see you guys Friday night. Oh and maybe I will bring the RC Tuono...........

RC Tuono.jpg

That's beautiful (for a twin) but bring your 1990 - that VFR is pure eye candy!

Archived