Bike value help 1999 (USA)

lancruza

Hoping for some help with value on this bike.  USA 1999 with 40k miles on the clock, 1 owner, garaged it's whole life with extensive service records.  Valve checks done at 16k and 32k.  Good tires. Corbin seat.  Heli bars.  Thanks for the help.

99 VFR.jpg

• Member Contributer

Wow, tough price. Seat, exhaust, heli's & passenger grab handles would be $800.00. "Stock" mid-mileage bike's gotta be worth $2500.00. Nice clean bike, one-owner, never down, diligent maintenance, all value-added points. Methinks somewhere around $3.5k and support a fellow VFR owner already ... :).

• Member Contributer

+1 on B4V4's point - if the seller is desperate and hasn't gotten any interest, he might take $2500, but having put 40k miles on it, doing the valves on time twice, and the aftermarket add-ons he's chosen all show he really rode it, really knows the bike. If I didn't already have and love a 5th gen. and if I had a few scruples missing, I'd try to snatch it out from under you for $3000. As a reference point, I was happy to pay $3500 for my 5th gen a year ago - it was in very good shape with 32000 miles. The seller had been religious about changing oil and he replaced brake fluid and coolant once a year, but never touched the valves or suspension and the chain was tired - go figure.

• Member Contributer

At least three mint condition 98-99's with under 25k miles have been available here locally in the past year for $2200-$2800. I almost purchased one but went with a VFR1200 instead.

BTW, you'll love the 5th gen....absolutely beautiful machines.

Archived