Slip on Exhaust

RedRoker3

Question

So I have a 2014 VFR, and I was wondering what you guys prefer for slips ons. I had a two brothers M2 on my last bike and loved the deep aggressive Sound of it. And I wanna get the S1R pipe for the VFR but I don't want it to be extremely loud this go around. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

18 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Not a fan of the Two Brothers sound or quality myself.  You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to exhausts.    I tried to put one on my '01 VFR and the fit was so poor it went back.

Instead I went the Akrovpovic route (I probably spelled that wrong) and I am very pleased with the quality, sound and fit.  They make an 8th gen slip on and it looks awesome.  Akras can be pricey but I think they are worth it for my VFRs :)

Yoshimura is also a good choice for sound, quality and fit, and a bit less expensive than the Akras.

See now what I've found with Akra on my buddies CBR500R is it sounds too raspy to me. I want a very deep grumbly mean yet somewhat quiet exhaust. And I see that there is so many more to choose from for the Viffer. Even with companies I've never really heard of

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, RedRoker3 said:

See now what I've found with Akra on my buddies CBR500R is it sounds too raspy to me. I want a very deep grumbly mean yet somewhat quiet exhaust. And I see that there is so many more to choose from for the Viffer. Even with companies I've never really heard of

Try to use like models to get a better idea what the sound is like.  I think anything is going to sound raspy on a CBR 500.  No offense meant to the CBR, but I don't think there is much that will make those sound deep and grumbly :)

• Member Contributer

No, not really.  My Hawk GT with a custom Exil exhaust sounds like its a 1000cc firebreather, all 50 rear wheel hp of it.

No, not really.  My Hawk GT with a custom Exil exhaust sounds like its a 1000cc firebreather, all 50 rear wheel hp of it.

Nice haha well idk I'm leaning towards two bros but I'm gunna do some studying

• Member Contributer

DAM make a glorious sound under a loaded throttle and they certainly smoothed out the throttle response lower down on my 1200. Totally recommended! :beer:

• Member Contributer

Look at Delkevic.  They are inexpensive, well built, come in different finishes, aren't loud with or without the baffle, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  They do weigh much less than the stock contraption and definitely help the bike access low rpm torque much better.  FWIW.  

I've stuck with Two Brothers, they had a good track record on my other bike and I've watched alot of videos with it and I really like it. So I hope she sounds good. I'll post some videos once I get it on and installed.

On 8/2/2017 at 1:39 PM, RedRoker3 said:

I've stuck with Two Brothers, they had a good track record on my other bike and I've watched alot of videos with it and I really like it. So I hope she sounds good. I'll post some videos once I get it on and installed.

How did the Two Bros slip-on installation go? I'm looking for a sound upgrade too.

Bobby

• Member Contributer

Pgeller - does that can have E4 stamped on it?

If so its Euro 4 compliant

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Thumbs said:

Pgeller - does that can have E4 stamped on it?

If so its Euro 4 compliant

Honestly, I never looked. I bought it directly shipped from DAM in Brussels, Very nice folks, helpful, so should be able to answer your question. I DO know that it sounds terrific. Fairly deep toned, nicegowl when revved, but not offensively loud. It reminds me of the Staintune exhaust on the Gen6; like a small block Chevy.

Archived