Cheap eBay lowering pegs

Ntolerance

I tried searching the site to see if anyone had used these. Came up empty. 

Im not afraid to spent $150 on a set of lowering pegs but I want to make sure they work for me. So I thought I would try a cheap set and move back if they didn't work up step up if they did. Attached is a pic of the type of pegs in looking at. Anything I'm missing in terms of fitment ?  Is busy little shop still making the lowering blocks ? I need a bit more leg room for my 36" inseam. I know it's possible these may move the pegs back as well as down due to their design. 

I haven't found the sub $50 set of buell pegs after months of searching. 

IMG_3662.PNG

IMG_3666.PNG

I had the MRA version of those footpegs on my 6th gen. Hated them. While the ability to adjust them was nice, the fact is that they moved your foot out away from center. So when shifting gears or braking, you would have to point your toes towards the inside. Several missed shifts occurred because of that.  I have the Buell footpegs on my 7th gen and love them. 

Here is the original post about the Buell footpegs I used:

I think $45 is about what I spent too.

I had the MRA version of those footpegs on my 6th gen. Hated them. While the ability to adjust them was nice, the fact is that they moved your foot out away from center. So when shifting gears or braking, you would have to point your toes towards the inside. Several missed shifts occurred because of that.  I have the Buell footpegs on my 7th gen and love them. 

Here is the original post about the Buell footpegs I used:

I think $45 is about what I spent too.

<edit>

Found them online:

https://shop.newcastlehd.com/part/n05201ad - left

https://shop.newcastlehd.com/part/n05211ad - right

• Member Contributer
On 7/17/2017 at 11:05 AM, Ntolerance said:

Is busy little shop still making the lowering blocks ?

PEG BLOCKS are still  available to keep your knees in the breeze...

the price + USPS flat rate priority shipping are as follows... as soon as I
receive Pay Pal payment the shipping starts... my account
netters2@comcast.net

USA Peg Blocks $85.00 + Priority Shipping $7.15 = $92.15

Canada Peg Blocks $85.00 + Priority Shipping $24.95 = $109.95

Europe Peg Blocks $85.00 + Priority Shipping $33.95 = $118.95

Australia or Denmark $85.00 + Priority Shipping $34.95 = $119.95

What you see is what you get...

Peg Blocks are specially designed using billet 6061 T6 aluminum for
the VFR800 years (5th Gen 98 to 01) and (6th Gen 02 on 09) and (8th
Gen 2014 on up)... they will effectively lower Honda's foot peg 1.5
inches (38mm) from the stock position...

sPJsxTE.jpg

Peg Block Instructions Print Out
Uxg1J6I.jpg

Rob's INSTALLATION GUIDE
http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php/topic/34097-bls-footpeg-block-install/

VFRD site
http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/topic/80155-peg-lowering-blocks-an-vfrd-exclusive-product/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to clarify or expand on my previous post, I bought the BLS blocks for my 5th gen and loved them! My 6th gen came with the adjustable pegs. I would have bought a pair of blocks for my 7th gen, but no one ever visited BLS for him to make some. That left the Buel footpegs.

*edited once I made it to a computer to be more descriptive.

On 7/18/2017 at 7:04 PM, marriedman said:

Just to clarify or expand on my previous post, I bought the BLS blocks for my 5th gen and loved them! My 6th gen came with the adjustable pegs. I would have bought a pair of blocks for my 7th gen, but no one ever visited BLS for him to make some. That left the Buel footpegs.

*edited once I made it to a computer to be more descriptive.

So let me pose this question. 

Since you have usedboth both the buell pegs and BLS blocks do you prefer the stock rubber pegs or the all metal buell pegs ?  

Im leaning towards keeping the stock pegs as many times I commute wearing a leather soled dress boot and I think the metal pegs could tear up the soles. 

That was a big concern of mine in the beginning. The whole reason I started looking at other bikes years ago was because of the inherent buzziness of the inline 4. I sure as heck didn't want that on my VFR, so I went with the BLS blocks. The V4 design is inherently smoother so it wasn't really an issue but I wanted to be sure. After I bought my 6th gen and it had the MRA version of the adjustables with a teeny tiny thin strip of rubber I realized it made very little difference whether I rode with my boots or just regular shoes. On my 7th gen, I just went with the Buells since they were cheap and gave me the clearance.  The i

The knurling on the Buell footbegs is not very aggressive:

Fussraste-Buell-XB-S-Modell-rechts.jpg

I would bet the the toe of the shoe would receive more wear from shifting than the sole from the pegs.

For toe protection I fought one of these off eBay.  Helps a lot. But Looks silly. :wacko:

put it in a bowl of hot water and it slides on with some effort. It's kind of dirty looking right now. Pain to clean. But it was like $5.

i think I'll just get the BLS blocks after I get back from sturgis and pass on the cheap pegs. 

IMG_3741.JPG

• 2 years later...